What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Players Who Were Also Schoolteachers

Generalzod

Immortal
Back in the 1970s, we had two first graders that taught at my high school in the southern suburbs of Sydney.

Jimmy Lisle - 5/8 for the Rabbits.

Rick Bourke - fullback for the Sharks.

There must be more. Feel free to add.
My Math teacher at Endeavour high iin the 80's was John Maguire he played in the 1973 grand Final..

gallagher

Juniors
Ken Wolffe (Penrith/Parra) taught us PE at Granville. Good teacher and a good bloke
I had Kenny at Patrician Brothers Granvile too. I had Ross Conlon a few times as a relief teacher and John Muggleton was there for a while.

justdave

Juniors
I am just a figment of your imagination.

You studied social sciences at Charles Sturt so you fib.....
Yeah, a bit. UNE and UNSW and it wasn’t social science. More important shit like history and other really helpful shite which, weirdly enough, I rarely use.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Mick Mullane played fullback for the Sharks and won many Hunter Douglas Man of match awards and he was my PE teacher and was only one of a few who I liked. When he played in the 1978 final and replay and was devastated when the Sharks lost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_NSWRFL_season#Grand_Final
Graham Murray taught Maths (RIP)

Mick Mullane and Rick Bourke in the same thread, now that takes me back!

As a kid b4 the Knights came in I liked the Sharks. My aunt was close to the club and got me Rick Bourkes old training jumper. Traditional sharks design, black and white basic 60s logo, number 20. I wore it in backyard footy till the thing fell apart and copped shit from my mates for years.

Great days.

Norths Tiger

Juniors
Had Jeff Hardy a few times, but also Bob Sheens (Tim's brother) was full time PE whilst conditioner at the Sharks.