What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer?

Crush

Coach
Tired of their coach, not genuinely tired.
Other clubs forward packs do as much work as ours,
Anyone saying we will fall away because our pack is tired is just making excuses for Mary and his hopeless coaching skills and strategies.

Winning 2 from the last 5 and those two wins were fortunate shows we are in decline while rabbits, storm, broncos, rorters and panthers are on their way up.

The next 3 weeks will tell, hold on so you don’t fall off on the way down.
We've won 3 from our last 5.
And one of those by 24 points........

BennyV

Referee
I hope I am wrong but I don't think Jai Field will ever make it at NRL level. He is too small and not tough enough.
He's a myth. Unfortunately.
Seconded. People watch his highlights, especially those from the 9s, and get a boner seeing him streak away. If you've watched full games, it's a different story.

The Damo

Juniors
Anyone saying we will fall away because our pack is tired is just making excuses for Mary and his hopeless coaching skills and strategies.

Winning 2 from the last 5 and those two wins were fortunate shows we are in decline while rabbits, storm, broncos, rorters and panthers are on their way up.

I know this is pointless - but name the 3 teams we’ve lost to in the last 5 matches? I’ll give you a head start again
Storm round 17
Panthers round 12
Who was the 3rd?

ouryears

Bench
I know this is pointless - but name the 3 teams we’ve lost to in the last 5 matches? I’ll give you a head start again
Storm round 17
Panthers round 12
Who was the 3rd?
Panthers
Storm
Rabbits

All put us to the sword with one sided effortless wins.
However, yes, this is since round 12, my error.

Doesn’t change anything, we can no longe beat the better teams.
If I am wrong, I will gladly own up in 4 weeks time.

But I doubt I will need to.
It’s in Mary’s hands, get a forward on the bench to replace Nighty and then also manage the performance of his players.

The Damo

Juniors
Panthers
Storm
Rabbits

It’s in Mary’s hands, get a forward on the bench to replace Nighty and then also manage the performance of his players.
Holy moly - you did it ouryears! You admitted you were wrong. I’m proud of you.
A record of 4/3 over 7 is very different to 2/3 over 5. So it does change something I think.
This is a big step for you though, kudos.

st.phil

Bench
Panthers
Storm
Rabbits

beat bunnies and storm at practically full strength - primed to spank em again when it counts

Dragon for life

Juniors

I think the players do look fatigued. Things that haven’t been mentioned regarding fatigue. Aggressive defense requires a fair amount of energy (there are no stats for this)and we have been playing fairly aggressive. Putting on a big hit requires a fair amount of energy. Also getting back the ten metres. I know early in the season when the refs were blowing the whistle every set I believe we were the least penalised team in the comp. Not sure where we sit currently though but this also requires a hell of a lot of energy. This is why teams are starting to make a lot of yards against us. We are fatigued and are having to do a lot of work to get back up the field. I’m surprised we are staying in the games as long as we are. Maybe they need to give away penalties and defend off their line like all the other cheating f**ks.

Here’s hoping we get a second wind towards the finals and are able to play like we did at the start of the season and blow teams off the park because if I have to watch Smith/Inglis/Cordner or whoever the Broncos captain is holding up the trophy at the end of the year I will be down at Harvey norman the next day required to purchase a newTv to replace the shattered one at home so that I can watch the cricket over the summer

C’mon Mary, show us your managment plan.

possm

Coach
I think the players do look fatigued. Things that haven’t been mentioned regarding fatigue. Aggressive defense requires a fair amount of energy (there are no stats for this)and we have been playing fairly aggressive. Putting on a big hit requires a fair amount of energy. Also getting back the ten metres. I know early in the season when the refs were blowing the whistle every set I believe we were the least penalised team in the comp. Not sure where we sit currently though but this also requires a hell of a lot of energy. This is why teams are starting to make a lot of yards against us. We are fatigued and are having to do a lot of work to get back up the field. I’m surprised we are staying in the games as long as we are. Maybe they need to give away penalties and defend off their line like all the other cheating f**ks.

Here’s hoping we get a second wind towards the finals and are able to play like we did at the start of the season and blow teams off the park because if I have to watch Smith/Inglis/Cordner or whoever the Broncos captain is holding up the trophy at the end of the year I will be down at Harvey norman the next day required to purchase a newTv to replace the shattered one at home so that I can watch the cricket over the summer

We have been short a good first grade prop all season and so I don't understand why Millward did not pick one up prior to June 30 on a two to 3 year deal. I have a feeling that salary cap for 2018 has been used to front end contracts so that we fit under the cap for 2019 and beyond. To me a strange strategy seeing that we are in the top 4 and have a good chance to do well this year. Our strength has been in our forwards and so to lose 4 SOO standard forwards and our halfback is a big deal for our team.

Jeez, imagine a Roosters Storm grand final?
My sock drawer would need some serious rearranging that day, I'd never get time to watch the game.

ouryears

Bench

Love your post mate.
Well thought out, balanced and all true.

Can Mary come up with the right training and recovery plan.

I wouldn't bet much that he can.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jeez, imagine a Roosters Storm grand final?
I imagined it.

Smith kicks off, a high ball that hovers in the air as both teams rush towards each other, eyes skyward watching the ball..

13 players from each side collide with each other, knocking everyone out.

game abandoned.

trophy awarded to the 3rd placed dragons.

mcgregor extended for 10 years

I imagined it.

Smith kicks off, a high ball that hovers in the air as both teams rush towards each other, eyes skyward watching the ball..

game abandoned.

3rd, optimist?

Dragon for life

Juniors
Love your post mate.
Well thought out, balanced and all true.

Can Mary come up with the right training and recovery plan.

I wouldn't bet much that he can.
Yeah sadly I agree. Maybe we should start a post regarding the sacking of McGregor.
I imagined it.

game abandoned.

lol, except for the 3rd placed dragons.

possm

Coach
If he's on the move, I'd like to see the Dragons pickup Klemmer for next year. I think we could have the best prop rotation in the competition if we could sign Klemmer:

Klemmer
McInnes
Frizell
Sims
Host
De Belin

Bench:
Vaughan
Graham
Leilua
Aitken.

If he's on the move, I'd like to see the Dragons pickup Klemmer for next year. I think we could have the best prop rotation in the competition if we could sign Klemmer:

Klemmer
McInnes
Frizell
Sims
Host
De Belin

Bench:
Vaughan
Graham
Leilua
Aitken.

Klemmer is not going anywhere, he doesn’t want to leave and the Dogs can not afford thier last big name to go.......nore can the NRL for that matter.

Klemmer
McInnes
Frizell
Sims
Host
De Belin

Bench:
Vaughan
Graham
Leilua
Aitken.

Besides, I’d leave Frizz in the back row, start with Graham and Vaughn, Simms on the bench and have Klemmer come off the bench to have maximum impact when other teams tire..........if he were to come over.......which he won’t........but if.

And whose replacing Aitken in your starting side?

possm

Coach
Besides, I’d leave Frizz in the back row, start with Graham and Vaughn, Simms on the bench and have Klemmer come off the bench to have maximum impact when other teams tire..........if he were to come over.......which he won’t........but if.

And whose replacing Aitken in your starting side?
I don't have any problems starting with Vaughan and having Klemmer come on with either Graham or Frizell. I think Frizell will be even more damaging in the front row.

Aitken would do much better in the utility role off the bench. He has poor reads at centre and is the main reason for most of the tries down our right side. I believe Lomax would go great at right centre with Mann outside him.

Latest posts