What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jankuloski

Juniors
LoL, well that sounds like a good scam if you can pull it off!

Why not just order it straight from DH Gate cheaper and cut out the middle man?

BTW, how big on average are those ten clubs, is it just the teams meeting up on a Sunday on an empty pitch to play, or are some starting to attract small crowds, etc?

TBH the former. One club is now getting serious about management etc. The national team can gather a crowd, which is a european thing - if it’s the national team, people show up.

Many cultural reasons why it’s difficult. For example, soccer is the biggest sport and there are pro teams in the top division playing in front of 100 people. There is no attendance culture, generally. Second, people get excited when we are good at something internationally. For example, we’re waterpolo world champs, and next week there’s 3k people at the pool for a local derby. No one cares only 16 countries actually play waterpolo. RL is too competitive for us to have any bigger success, unless a miracle happens and Trbojevic bros, Cotric etc pick us as heritage.

Dropshipping is efficient because of lack of information. Not everyone knows about DH Gate, you need a special credit card, people are not used to buying online here etc.

The Great Dane

First Grade
TBH the former. One club is now getting serious about management etc. The national team can gather a crowd, which is a european thing - if it’s the national team, people show up.

Many cultural reasons why it’s difficult. For example, soccer is the biggest sport and there are pro teams in the top division playing in front of 100 people. There is no attendance culture, generally. Second, people get excited when we are good at something internationally. For example, we’re waterpolo world champs, and next week there’s 3k people at the pool for a local derby. No one cares only 16 countries actually play waterpolo. RL is too competitive for us to have any bigger success, unless a miracle happens and Trbojevic bros, Cotric etc pick us as heritage.

Well you've gotta start somewhere, but it sounds to me that the sport alone isn't going to be enough to attract people. In my experience cheap or quality beer and good food normally works for that, with a simple but cheap marketing campaign that empathises the beer and food as well as a cheap day out .

AJB1102

First Grade

Dropshipping is efficient because of lack of information. Not everyone knows about DH Gate, you need a special credit card, people are not used to buying online here etc.

I wants yeses to Serbia rugby leagues f**ken!

Jankuloski

Juniors
Well you've gotta start somewhere, but it sounds to me that the sport alone isn't going to be enough to attract people. In my experience cheap or quality beer and good food normally works for that, with a simple but cheap marketing campaign that empathises the beer and food as well as a cheap day out .

Good idea, but unthinkable here. Through the quirks of communist legacy and soccer hooliganism we have a law forbidding alcohol at sporting events. There was even a scandal when the president at the time opened champagne to celebrate in a corporate box.

It’s not all bad. RL has good things going for it here, it will just always be very different to what it is in Aus. The growth is strong, interest is on the rise. Starting from a low base, but moving forward every couple of years.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Good idea, but unthinkable here. Through the quirks of communist legacy and soccer hooliganism we have a law forbidding alcohol at sporting events. There was even a scandal when the president at the time opened champagne to celebrate in a corporate box.

No beer at the footy!
Bloody barbarism that, a crime against humanity.... Ah well, you'll just have to go with plan B, target the kids and families!

Still invite local food vendors to your events and still have the cheap but effective marketing campaign, but instead of a focus on the beer hire a jumping castle, some kids party entertainers, some face painters, petting zoo, you get the idea, but make sure that you only hire as much as you think you can cover the cost of from the event, which may mean when you are starting out that it's just a cheap jumping castle or whatever, then focus on that and the family day out aspect in the marketing campaign.

It's more expensive, and frankly not as effective (well the effects aren't as immediate), but it works. Once you've got the people coming (even if it's only small crowds) the next step is to convince a good portion of the crowd either to become a regular fan and/or to take up the game, that's the really hard part.

It’s not all bad. RL has good things going for it here, it will just always be very different to what it is in Aus. The growth is strong, interest is on the rise. Starting from a low base, but moving forward every couple of years.

I don't think it's bad at all, I think it's f##king awesome!

As I said you've got to start somewhere and that somewhere is almost always at the bottom of the mountain so to speak, and I wouldn't want Serbian RL to be the same as RL in Australia, I'd want it to grow into it's own flavour just as it does in every other part of the world.

cooko

Juniors
Roosters Women’s Premiership jerseys. Nice sponsor integration as usual. Would have loved to see them change some of the red (maybe the thin v) to pink for something different.BDBE52AF-78EB-491D-8F65-324618356C40.jpeg

GAZF

First Grade
Number font is slightly different from the NRL, and looks better too (the 1 and the 8 anyway).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would think, given they're existing NRL clubs, that all four clubs would simply have the same jersey with the NRLWP logo instead of the Telstra Premiership one. Great to see Roosters have gone that way, hope the other 3 follow suit

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I would think, given they're existing NRL clubs, that all four clubs would simply have the same jersey with the NRLWP logo instead of the Telstra Premiership one. Great to see Roosters have gone that way, hope the other 3 follow suit

Can’t imagine Saints will trade the red V.

sempmrh

Juniors
That number font is so much better than the one currently used by the NRL. Hopefully the NRL will start using that in the future. I would also like to start seeing the numbers becoming a little more customised for each team - with the outline incorporating another of the team's colours.

kdalymc

Bench
That number font is so much better than the one currently used by the NRL. Hopefully the NRL will start using that in the future. I would also like to start seeing the numbers becoming a little more customised for each team - with the outline incorporating another of the team's colours.
Colour maybe. Remember when the Eels had that running script font in the early 2010’s. Thought it was dope at the time

hellteam

First Grade
Much better number fonts (with coloured outlines) in the 90's

benny-elias-of-the-tigers-packs-a-scrum-with-team-mates-during-the-picture-id71265836

Status
Not open for further replies.