What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Tiger05

First Grade
He has been great for us. He always puts in and he seems a good guy. I wish him the best. I'd rather see Fonua and Marsters in the centres for the rest of the year though.

I'd rather see Kev on Nofo's wing. Less of a liability in defence, doesn't turn like the QE2 and runs just as hard with the ball. Quicker as well.

Good luck to him, I really think he's at the best age to take advantage of high paying English deal. He will thrive in the English game and will become a Saints favourite very quickly.

Putting the need for recruitment of outside backs into perspective.

In January 2018, the Tigers could have, due to injuries etc, ran out with a backline of:
1. Tui, 2 Kev, 3 Suli, 4 Milne, 5 MTZ, 6 Benji
Come season end, those guys will no longer be on the books. That's a backline, might not have been THE backline used this year but a backline anyway.

Who are you looking at for 2019 IC ?

Vozzy

Juniors
Is Benji definitely not playing on?

How I see things from what I gather from Ivan interviews was he needed to assemble a squad of 30 who push each other to stay in 1st grade and as we can see depth is severely tested when even a 1-2 week injury has happened. The squad has changed every week cos of this so the combos from first 6 games and confidence has gone. Also Ivan has stated that the players now are not necessarily the players that will be here in the end product that get you into the finals constantly. They lost Moses and tedasco so Lolahea was a quick fix it until we could find a player of 1st grade standard like Mbye. We had to pay players overs so they could have a squad of some experience. Other than the Canberra game it's not like they haven't tried they just arnt consistent it's more the forwards than the backs though who have gone backwards. Farah, Brooks and the backs were making breaks against the Titans without forwards laying a good platform. Ivan has also signed players for 1, 2, 3 and 4 year deals so not everyone who has come off contract at the same time like previous years. He said on Fox Sports that the tigers will need a good 3-5 year rebuild to find consistency. It's frustrating for us cos we have had a lean 6-7 years so it's easy to be impatient. I think he has the right plan going just needs the cattle. I think the first 6 games was the blue print just need to find that mindset and game plan into them. The knights parra and roosters game where we lost are 3 games they win that sits them on the same points as the teams on 8th. They are a team that wins/loses close games this year. If they had won those games the last few weeks they would have had more confidence. I think it's as good as I expected before a ball was kicked.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Looks like our 2018 is gone and i saw THE BUS at Concord Oval without wheels and graffiti all over it saying....*Semi Final losers AGAIN" so im looking ahead to 2019 and putting on my Ivan Cleary Tigers beanie.
Players leaving:
Tui Butterbean
Grace Jones
MWZ
Probably Benji as well
Pillows Grant

Gone earlier this year
Suli
Milne
McKillrick

Ones I would like released
Gotitnot
McQueen (early release)
Rochow (early release)
Sue (he hasnt progressed last few years)
Theres probably more but cant think of any others at present.:rolleyes:

I would sign Farah for another year...He has still got it,and an 80 min player.
Wouldnt sign Benji again though.
Tell Brooks to get more involved or look elsewhere.

As for who to sign,well thats not easy as not a lot of class available and we are not an attractive option for elite players...
I reckon we will have 7 spare spots in our 30 next year.
Anyone care to add?

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is who we have in the top squad for next year:

1. Mbye
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Fonua
  5. Thompson
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Lawrence
  12. CheeKam
  13. Taylor
  14. Twal
  15. Gamble
  16. Eisenhuth
  17. Rochow
  18. McQueen
  19. Aloiai
  20. Clarke
  21. Garner
  22. McIntyre
  23. Mikaele

Desperately lacking outside backs

Tiger Woody

Juniors
This is who we have in the top squad for next year:

1. Mbye
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Fonua
  5. Thompson
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Lawrence
  12. CheeKam
  13. Taylor
  14. Twal
  15. Gamble
  16. Eisenhuth
  17. Rochow
  18. McQueen
  19. Aloiai
  20. Clarke
  21. Garner
  22. McIntyre
  23. Mikaele

Desperately lacking outside backs

ok good...so 7 spare spots,unless we give early releases

Das Hassler

Bench
It will be interesting to see how much good ball Brooks gets the rest of the year TO get more involved. I fear not much after the welcome home balloons have lost their air in another few weeks. Wishing hard to be surprised

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah I thijnk 7 spots up (so far for next year).

I remember reading last year that Sue wanted to leave at the end of his contract and thats why he didn't sign an extension then.

I expect we will fill most of our spots with younger fellas, which to me implies Ivan is building something long-term rather than short-term, which implies he wants to stay,

Das Hassler

Bench

I remember reading last year that Sue wanted to leave at the end of his contract and thats why he didn't sign an extension then.

I expect we will fill most of our spots with younger fellas, which to me implies Ivan is building something long-term rather than short-term, which implies he wants to stay,

Sue shows glimpses of what he might be capable of but has never really made his presence felt out there... i doubt he'll get out of the gear he seems to be stuck in.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Sue shows glimpses of what he might be capable of but has never really made his presence felt out there... i doubt he'll get out of the gear he seems to be stuck in.

Ava was/is better than Sue however neither have really been that aggressive type forward that’s required.

Front-Rower

First Grade
It will be interesting to see how much good ball Brooks gets the rest of the year TO get more involved. I fear not much after the welcome home balloons have lost their air in another few weeks. Wishing hard to be surprised

If I read this the right way, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Certainly won't be top liners.

Wests are the poor, ugly, geeky kid at school. They don't get the talent while the more attractive and richer fellas get a look in.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I really want Marty back. He was so much fun to watch when he came screaming off the bench and just f**king belted merkins. I think he would be a good compliment to a fully fit Matulino and Packer. Their form has dropped off over the past few months but if they can get it back, Taupau coming off the bench would be f**king unbelievable for us

I like the idea of some thugs in our pack,remembering when we had Marty,Gavet and Sue coming off the bench was awesome until injuries crippled us that season,surely there are other young forward thugs that want at crack at first grade that we can recruit rather than the pot plants we have signed recently.

Latest posts