What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This Rossy super sub talk has got to be rubbish, we already have the smallest bench in the comp so putting Ross on there is ludicrous! Surely it’s gotta be a gee-up.

Frederick

Staff member
Trying to find a silver lining, Ross is pretty good out of dummy half, makes good metres and is pretty strong for a little fella.

Defensively tho....

Joel-22

Juniors
I like Herman at lock. When everyone is fit I'd love to see

8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Jacob Saifiti
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Herman Ese'ese

The twins have said they want to play together and no one else is putting their hand up - it's worth a shot. I like having three big bodies on the field all at once

Yosh

Coach
I like Herman at lock. When everyone is fit I'd love to see

8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Jacob Saifiti
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Herman Ese'ese

The twins have said they want to play together and no one else is putting their hand up - it's worth a shot. I like having three big bodies on the field all at once

That start is okay but our bench is HORRIBLE...

To be totally honest, I can't see how Ross would be any worse than our small forwards on the bench anyway. It's not the sort of decision that'll lose us the game. We are always disadvantaged with the tiny reserves on our bench anyways. I doubt having Stone or Yates or whoever we have in the 14 will have a big effect on the game.

I honest believe that our lack of field position is the biggest reason we lost the majority of our games this season. Pearce would make up for it with his great kicking game but once he went down, we had no go forward. With Pearce back, I think we're at least 30% better as a team. Ross on the bench will make less than 1% change in the chance of winning any game.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Losing griffin and moving guerra to an edge is going to mean that the other forwards are going to have to greatly increase their involvement in defense.

mozza91

Coach
Pretty confident about tonight. Pearce will make an immediate difference. We’re unbeaten at home with him in the side (might only be 2 from 2 but it still counts).

Dave_

Juniors
Last week showed that we are the worst side in the comp. We could easily get pumped here. Pearce is our only hope

Swarzey

Bench
lmao no it didn't. Raiders barely scraped by them (so did the Dragons mind you), Parra and Cowboys were beaten as comfortably. And in that same game, we lost our best player and our core hooker; quit slicing your wrists over shit god damn.

But Parra pumping us? Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think we'll win. They are shambolic, Pearce provides structure in attack that should allow guys like Watson and Meaney to break them apart. A better kicking game, likely going to get repeat sets if we're attacking their line, a much better leader on the field.

knightsarmy

Juniors
lmao no it didn't. Raiders barely scraped by them (so did the Dragons mind you), Parra and Cowboys were beaten as comfortably. And in that same game, we lost our best player and our core hooker; quit slicing your wrists over shit god damn.

But Parra pumping us? Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think we'll win. They are shambolic, Pearce provides structure in attack that should allow guys like Watson and Meaney to break them apart. A better kicking game, likely going to get repeat sets if we're attacking their line, a much better leader on the field.

Hmmm
we were sh%t against the dogs , wehave a player coming back from a major injury & our only reconised kicker in the team - easy target.Eels have had a massive rev up we have had nothing but think pearce will solve all our problems .. our last game should suggest we should be worried about tonight
Its a four point game if we win and a chance we will not get the Spoon

Swarzey

Bench
Hmmm
we were sh%t against the dogs , wehave a player coming back from a major injury & our only reconised kicker in the team - easy target.Eels have had a massive rev up we have had nothing but think pearce will solve all our problems .. our last game should suggest we should be worried about tonight
Its a four point game if we win and a chance we will not get the Spoon

How have Parra had a rev up? What? That they got close to the Dragons? They got close to the Sharks and then lost against the Bulldogs, they got close against Brisbane and then lost to us. They smashed Manly and beat Wests back to back and are still sitting bottom of the ladder with only a single win since. They've had games this year where they've walked away with a reason to be motivated, to be determined and yet they still sit last with absolutely no excuse in terms of injury, suspension, PR dramas etc.

We have our fair share of issues and reasons to be doubtful, I'm not dismissing any of that, but lets not lose grip with the reality of Parra's season. I get that's the cool thing to do around here whenever things go to shit, just smoke whatever pipe makes the world seem as shit and hopeless but like come on.

knightsarmy

Juniors
How have Parra had a rev up? What? That they got close to the Dragons? They got close to the Sharks and then lost against the Bulldogs, they got close against Brisbane and then lost to us. They smashed Manly and beat Wests back to back and are still sitting bottom of the ladder with only a single win since. They've had games this year where they've walked away with a reason to be motivated, to be determined and yet they still sit last with absolutely no excuse in terms of injury, suspension, PR dramas etc.

We have our fair share of issues and reasons to be doubtful, I'm not dismissing any of that, but lets not lose grip with the reality of Parra's season. I get that's the cool thing to do around here whenever things go to shit, just smoke whatever pipe makes the world seem as shit and hopeless but like come on.

hmm they were told they are playing for their futures .. all on notice
Jennings threatened to be dropped to reserve grade
Hayne playing for a new contract - usually steps up around this time

Swarzey

Bench
No doubt but again, we have Pearce back.
hmm they were told they are playing for their futures .. all on notice
Jennings threatened to be dropped to reserve grade
Hayne playing for a new contract - usually steps up around this time

They've been on notice for a long, long time and it hasn't done anything for them though...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯