What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Market

Frank Facer

First Grade
Frank Facer said;

“I know that Supercoach isn't everything when assessing a players performance, but when Pangai has been starting in games he is scoring very well, but when he is coming off the bench, his scores are often much lower, than when he is starting. I was set to put him in my team last week, for the rest of the season, but when he was named on the bench, I decided against buying him last week. I have already got him penciled in for my next year's team as a keeper, as long as he is starting.

I too hope that we are one of the clubs chasing his signature. I hope that we already have him signed and sealed, but are keeping it under wraps until Brisbane are out of the competition. I can dream.”

I have to be honest and confess my ignorance in relation to the Fantasy League, but I’m with you in hoping we have a quality forward signed (or at least ear marked) if not TPJ than Klemmer it Tapau will do. Got a gut feeling we don’t though, unlike many other clubs I hear crickets coming out of the Dragons recruitment office
I only in my 5th year of supercoach. I wasn't interested in it for many years, but a mate told me to join up and play. I did so, without much enthusiasm. The first year was a bit of a learning curve for me, I ended up coming seventeen thousand and something out of around 120 000. I have been hooked ever since. The second year I came 2300 and something. This year I am currently sixteen hundred and something. I dropped about 1100 and something places last week. I recommend everyone on here to give it a go. Next year, I will start a St George League for participants from this forum. I have to come in the top 10% for it to a pass mark for me.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, and 6 of those premiership rings were when he had more than a full team of representative players. If I coached Brisbane for the first 18 years that Bennett coached them with the players he had, I would have jewellery box full premiership rings. I would be known as the greatest coach ever. You would have even had a collection of premiership rings if you had coached Brisbane for those 18 years. Funny that Bennett hasn't added to his collection of premiership rings since 2011. I doubt that he will be adding any more to his collection in the future either.

So do you think that Glenn, Thaiday, S'ua and Lodge are all better than Pangai Junior? Do you think that any of them are better than Pangai Junior? What is your view?
Okay, so we’ve established that you believe you are a better coach than Bennett.. even in his prime..

h4h81488ZsT3Mt26WOt1Zw2N9LTS2wZu_VFH1B-jZPIDasRPNANvKvmVRYlgP0vU3vBLiz6IIo1aWvJ4DtS6-k919mIVXf2maRSzsCyd5EMR78Pc1jGyldV_26E9oJJwzA=w320-h240-nc

possm

Coach
Bennett has named Pangai Junior on the bench again. I think he is their best forward and should definitely be in their starting line up. I am wondering if the fact that he hasn't officially resigned with Brisbane and is named on the bench may be an indication that Pangai Junior may be headed to another club next season? If so, I hope it is us. Just a bit of food for thought.
Anyone know if Millward has made an offer for Pangai for 2019 on?

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
We never had a full team of rep players when Brown was coaching us. We did have one of the best rosters in the comp in 04, 05 and 06, but how many games did we ever have our full complement of top players on the field. I know that it was very few. We had Gasnier, Barrett, Cooper, Timmins, Bailey, Ryles and Creagh who were rep players or went onto become rep players. I think Dean Young got to play one origin game off the bench too. That would make 8 rep players.

Bennett had a full team of rep players when he won comps at Brisbane in his first 18 years of coaching them. They even had more than a full team of rep players some years.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We never had a full team of rep players when Brown was coaching us. We did have one of the best rosters in the comp in 04, 05 and 06, but how many games did we ever have our full complement of top players on the field. I know that it was very few. We had Gasnier, Barrett, Cooper, Timmins, Bailey, Ryles and Creagh who were rep players or went onto become rep players. I think Dean Young got to play one origin game off the bench too. That would make 8 rep players.

Bennett had a full team of rep players when he won comps at Brisbane in his first 18 years of coaching them. They even had more than a full team of rep players some years.
There’s more caveats in there than a Donald Trump promise..

Bench
MacGregor admits he never had a plan B after accepting an extension of his contract for another 20 years

Nope, only six
image.jpg

aquiin

Juniors
Ben Hornby was there as well. If only they picked him when instead of dud Hodgson. They would have saved a lot of embarrassment for NSW.

Key moment was losing Mat Head against Nth Qld. Hornby was still a better fullback than halfback. Not the halfback he became later. Greenshields wasn’t up to the big games.

Brent Kite was chosen early in order to extract him from the club. Would have been a key figure in 2005 and 2006 with the way the rules shifted and his mobility.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just had a look on Zero Tackle at the players off contract next season and there doesn't appear to be much good talent still on offer. Of what is still on offer I would be interested in us signing Pangai Junior, Oates, B Morris and Hetherington. Oldfield could offer us a bit of speed on the wing, but I am not completely sold on him.

We should already be looking at who is off contract at the end of 2019. Players I have identified who would be on my shpping list are Rapana, Kikau (if we signed Kikau, I would then move Frizell to prop), D Walker, Tom Wright, Asofa Solomona, Munster, Hess (to play prop), Sam Burgess, George Burgess, Tom Burgess.

PS I doubt that we will sign any of the players that I mentioned in this post, besides maybe B Morris, but he will probably end up at Easts. Oldfield would be another that we could end up with.

Latest posts