What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin III - QLD 18-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firechild

First Grade
You guys are being awfully harsh on Crichton. He is two years younger than any other forward on the field. He is still under 50 games played and only in his second full season

He has a lot of room to develop, he will be massive at this level in a few years IMO. Once he starts finding space and learning to use his gifts of offloading and fending more effectively
Jamie Buhrer got slammed on here for getting picked for NSW when he was about 22. Played a handful of minutes, did nothing wrong, defended well. He didn't pick himself to be there. Had massive potential but has fallen away now that he has moved away from the massive talent he started his career surrounded by.

Crichton is in the same situation. Shouldn't have been there but did nothing wrong. Perhaps should be looked at again in the future.

GongPanther

Referee
I hope the Nark calls the Big Sports Breakfast in the morning and tears shreds off Daley for giving Slater MOTS

I’ve actually kind of felt sorry for Daley this year as he had to take on QLD at their strongest and Freddy has waltzed in and be made to look like a God after they lost 3 of their best players.

But nah f**k the dribbler, awarding Slater MOTS just goes to show what an absolute pot plant be truly is
Slater to Raiders....

The_Shield

Juniors
You kidding right.

He was better tonight, but has been a massive liability this series.
He had a poor game in game 1 but he wasn’t anywhere near as bad as everyone was making out in game 2. Latrell got the better of him once but Chambers ran all around Mitchell most of the game, scoring a try and getting an assist, should of had two assists if not for ridiculous bunker mistake. And game 3 he was fantastic

The_Shield

Juniors
4th in line behind Ramien, Broncos Dude and Aitken. Does not pay to have your fist beaten up in public by Dyaln Walkers head...
No way he is behind Ramien, Staggs and Aitken. Your kidding yourself. He was a chance for this year until he decided to give Walker a beating

Pedge1971

First Grade
He had a poor game in game 1 but he wasn’t anywhere near as bad as everyone was making out in game 2. Latrell got the better of him once but Chambers ran all around Mitchell most of the game, scoring a try and getting an assist, should of had two assists if not for ridiculous bunker mistake. And game 3 he was fantastic

Yeah nah.

GongPanther

Referee
Or you could say the better team won.
Or the one that makes less crucial mistakes. We didn't learn from the mistakes from the 1st two games with the intercept,poor ball security,ball movement and Maloney getting binned.

NSW has to learn from these faults in it's game,or Qld will simply carve us up again in field position again in 2019. And for me,Cleary and Maloney didn't do more than they should have. They could have gone that extra inch in trying to formulate some kind of facy attacking ploy.

But whatever,we won the series...now on to the rest of the season proper.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
No way he is behind Ramien, Staggs and Aitken. Your kidding yourself. He was a chance for this year until he decided to give Walker a beating

Not enough game for our squad. Blame Bellamy or tell the kid to do better. We dont pick safe players anymore we pick winners and decent blokes. Scott misses out.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Dh0z7_HWAAUSC76.jpg

:cool:

And this is all that matters.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook was robbed for player of the series.

I’m sure there’s been plenty of discussion on the Maloney binning, but he shouldn’t be penalised for having the better position.
Even I feel Tommy Turbo got it I'd have been fine with that!

It was just all a wankathon tonight..... can't say I'm surprised though....

8-1 penalties against NSW after 70mins yeah right. So QLD are 800percent better disciplined.....