What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin III - QLD 18-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billygilmore

Juniors
Don't kid yourself. Outside your little twoheaded bubble the series will be remembered for the below

Dh0z7_HWAAUSC76.jpg

I don’t think many will remember that scene cause channel 9 cut to commercial almost as soon as the got there hands on the shield

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Agreed, us Blues just get shitty because Inglis is a great player and McManus was a plodder.

i don't know, i think the primary difference with the Inglis situation as opposed to the likes of McManus, Tamau, Thorn, Caroll Etc is they were all from other countries. Inglis is from NSW FFS... At least QLD were captained by an actual QLD'er in game three....

blaza88z

Coach
i don't know, i think the primary difference with the Inglis situation as opposed to the likes of McManus, Tamau, Thorn, Caroll Etc is they were all from other countries. Inglis is from NSW FFS... At least QLD were captained by an actual QLD'er in game three....

So you'd be fine with it if Inglis were a kiwi or something like that?

That makes it so much clearer to understand

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Agreed, us Blues just get shitty because Inglis is a great player and McManus was a plodder.
The long and the short of it is that the NSW selectors didn't even know who Inglis was until QLD put him in their talent pool. They were more concerned with wingers like Tahu, Matt King and so on. If they actually saw any value in Inglis before he started carving them up they would have made a play for him, and the Hunter Sports High stuff would have emerged before he put on a maroon jersey, rather than after.

Reactions: Vee

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The long and the short of it is that the NSW selectors didn't even know who Inglis was until QLD put him in their talent pool. They were more concerned with wingers like Tahu, Matt King and so on. If they actually saw any value in Inglis before he started carving them up they would have made a play for him, and the Hunter Sports High stuff would have emerged before he put on a maroon jersey, rather than after.
Southern conspiracy

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
So you'd be fine with it if Inglis were a kiwi or something like that?

That makes it so much clearer to understand

I'm just pointing out what makes his situation unique. Under the eligibility rules at the time he was first selected he was only eligible for N.S.W.

Last edited:

First Grade

King hit

Coach
difference is Inglis actually played his first SENIOR game for Hunter sports high in the Arrive alive cup, the second he stepped on that field he was only eligible to play for NSW, same as Sterling played his first senior game for a nsw based team, those were the rules of eligibilty at the time.

Exactly right

My grandad served in the air force with Sterlo's father and got to see Peter as a 2 year old. The Sterling family moved around with the military and they just happened to be based in Toowoomba at the time of Peter's birth and first 3 years of life. Sterling never played any league in Toowoomba and left before he was even in preschool. He is Wagga raised and played all of his junior and senior footy in the riverina before moving to Sydney in the late 70's.

isaiah

Bench
difference is Inglis actually played his first SENIOR game for Hunter sports high in the Arrive alive cup, the second he stepped on that field he was only eligible to play for NSW, same as Sterling played his first senior game for a nsw based team, those were the rules of eligibilty at the time.
The rules at the time also let some decide, like nagas then but not keary now

isaiah

Bench
Not as ridiculous as Inglis playing at 16 in the Arrive alive cup for Hunter Sports High (Newcastle) before moving to QLD to play for Waverley but somehow still became a qld flog
Wavel high, I saw him play early that season in a district u17 carnival at runaway bay

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Do you think they saw them at 17yo but didn't want them?
By grimies logic, someone has to be there and call dibsies on them, so yeah.

Brisbane made an offer. Melbourne made the same offer with a much more likely crack at first grade. Small wonder why hey headed south

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
By grimies logic, someone has to be there and call dibsies on them, so yeah.

Brisbane made an offer. Melbourne made the same offer with a much more likely crack at first grade. Small wonder why hey headed south

You've missed the point. Blues fans point all their vitriol at big bad ole QLD, when they really should be angry at their selectors for missing out, or dismissing Inglis as a young lad playing footy in their own backyard.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
You've missed the point. Blues fans point all their vitriol at big bad ole QLD, when they really should be angry at their selectors for missing out, or dismissing Inglis as a young lad playing footy in their own backyard.
So any player who isn't pampered from the cradle for origin is first dibs for qld....

For a mob that's demanded origin rules be changed (rightly so) to use the players from their own state, queensland seem pretty happy to ignore all that if the circumstances suit.