What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
Agree with Mozza, but in fairness reading through the comments made during game tends to be more critical as made in the excitement or disappointment at the time. I awarded my points for the match to 6 players and left Guerra out who I thought was good, Meaney had a good game for debutant with at least one good bust. SKD did lots of work without getting a point from me, the others Barnett, King, Sio played ok with Denniss not so. Bench was confusing with less use than usual I thought, our biggest, Lillyman seemed to get little time and having Ross sitting for 70 minutes put more pressure on the rest, imagine how much better it would have been with a strong forward playing for 30-40 minutes.
If Sione hadn't gone off the field, I envisage that Ross would've warmed the bench for the full 80

mozza91

Coach
Just onto a more pressing matter. To anyone whose familiar with the seminal childhood favourite Angela Anaconda? Chris Heighington is deadset the adult version of Johnny Abatti.

5833449B-2CA2-413F-93C8-EB19EA146584.jpeg

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I’m still scratching my head over the Ross on the bench idea. I wonder if one of our better outside backs was carrying an injury so Brown wanted cover? Maybe Canberra gave Brown the idea because of Austin tearing the opposition apart with his running game?Outside of that, I’m at a loss to explain the idea especially as buherer can cover centre at a pinch.

Glendale

Juniors
Yeah it was a dumb idea. Next week Ross in for Dennis. Fitzy back into the backrow and Barnett or King to the bench with Buhrer as the utility.

If Ponga returns next week I think that means we’re at full strength?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I still think that Ross plays his best on the wing. It’s a shame we don’t have another goal kicker and moga playing. Ross could take sios place on the wing.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Yeah it was a dumb idea. Next week Ross in for Dennis. Fitzy back into the backrow and Barnett or King to the bench with Buhrer as the utility.

If Ponga returns next week I think that means we’re at full strength?
I really wish that J Saifiti hit is straps this year. If he did, I’d say that he would be a member of the full strength team.

Old dog

Juniors
Lillyman doesn't seem to play many minutes and what he does play does not seem very effective, Fitz in for Barnett to bench Ross for Denniss out, bench Buhrer, Barnett, Felise, Hetherington. Prefer King to Lillyman as more aggressive and plays longer minutes.

Lynoman

Bench
So the team coming last as of this round has 7 TV games in the next 8 weeks. Great work NRL......

Old dog

Juniors
To be fair when they did the schedule nobody was tipping Parra to come last.
Doesn't matter why should any team no matter how the predictions work out be telecast so often over that eight week period, surely better to spread the televised match more evenly so that a wider selection is available even keeping in mind more likely top eight sides. Assume we are discussing free to air TV why can't we see greater variety of teams, 3 games each weekend X 8 weeks = 24 games.

mozza91

Coach
Doesn't matter why should any team no matter how the predictions work out be telecast so often over that eight week period, surely better to spread the televised match more evenly so that a wider selection is available even keeping in mind more likely top eight sides. Assume we are discussing free to air TV why can't we see greater variety of teams, 3 games each weekend X 8 weeks = 24 games.
You’re absolutely right. If the NRL and Channel 9 operated that way and all teams were treated equally it’d be ideal. Sadly it doesn’t work that way.

It’s solely about ratings and Parramatta rate highly especially if they’re doing well as most thought they would this year. It’s not fair but it’s just how it is.

It’s sucks and it’s unfair but that’s the NRL’s MO to be honest

We’re a prime example. We receive no favours from the NRL. We get treated like the red headed step child because whilst we have a good sized fan base (and the most loyal) it’s not as big as some of the Sydney clubs and the Broncos fan bases, the NRL can exploit this loyalty and treat us like poorly and we’ll continue to get decent crowds.

We don’t have that potential for growth and to generate greater revenue that their favourites do, so the NRL are happy for us to exist but don’t really want us to be successful.

Last edited:

Latest posts