What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Would the Flegg boys being rested have something to do with the ISP side having the bye? Some of the younger blokes in the ISP might have dropped down to Flegg

Tarantosaurus

Juniors
Would the Flegg boys being rested have something to do with the ISP side having the bye? Some of the younger blokes in the ISP might have dropped down to Flegg

Not really, the Flegg had 8 players that we've listed, week in and out.
It was like a Tier 2 Flegg side playing, while everyone else rested.

Poor effort on the higher club to snub the feeder that looks after the blokes that don't get picked each week and are sent down. They really need to fix this. It's difficult to find good footy players, and as much as these blokes have aspirations to play NRL, playing Shield would give the Flegg blokes a bit more experience and knowledge as to what's coming for them. Shield is mixed with older blokes too who hit harder and it simulates an NRL scenario, rather than an age group scenario.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Does anyone know what’s happening with tom eisenhuth, I haven’t seen his name on any Penrith or st marys team lists for a long time ??

MountainMan

Juniors
It's a piss poor excuse when teams use the 'depends who we get drop down' line or 'they didn't send us players from bla bla'
As a club,at any dam level,you should have a set squad,not be reliant on a feeder teams 3-4 players making the difference between a win and a loss,weekly!
And realistically,a handful of players in RMC,Shield or Flegg should not make a real difference between winning a game or getting flogged.
I haven't seen in all my years a player in any of those 3 grades blitz a game any different,playing at either level.
Nsw Cup players I'd understand there being a difference.

Pantherman72

Juniors
It's a piss poor excuse when teams use the 'depends who we get drop down' line or 'they didn't send us players from bla bla'
As a club,at any dam level,you should have a set squad,not be reliant on a feeder teams 3-4 players making the difference between a win and a loss,weekly!
And realistically,a handful of players in RMC,Shield or Flegg should not make a real difference between winning a game or getting flogged.
I haven't seen in all my years a player in any of those 3 grades blitz a game any different,playing at either level.
Well said. There are clubs like Guildford who get no ISP players back and still always compete. Clubs like Asquith often get no one back and then lose their best players up to Norths, like Jackson Williams and still compete. They put 40 on Hills with no Norths players last week.

rightleftin

Juniors
Guildford matched Wenty for 40 minutes on sunday, going to break 6-6. Taniela Lasalo got smashed early in the game and never recovered, leaving the field after 10 minutes. Dom Reardon extinguished most of the Beau Henry bombs in the first half but when Ngalaufe fumbled one early in the second and then Henry scored shortly thereafter its was 18-6 and no way back for the Owls as Wenty maintain the pace of the game for a full 80 minutes.

Guildford copped a sin bin an then a send off for dissent and the score blew out to 26-6.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors

Well said. There are clubs like Guildford who get no ISP players back and still always compete. Clubs like Asquith often get no one back and then lose their best players up to Norths, like Jackson Williams and still compete. They put 40 on Hills with no Norths players last week.

I 100% agree with you both, that we shouldn't have to rely on these blokes, unfortunately this year has shaped out to be reliant somewhat on these Flegg blokes, and I'll explain why.

Our A-Grade is in a competition that only allows 5 portables between the A-Grade and the Shield squads. This, plus our team filling up with Flegg, it's a bit hard to tell 8-12 other blokes who can't play for the A-Grade side, to stay at Moorebank and leave them playing nothing until we either have injuries or higher grades wanting their players to rest. In fact it's almost unfair to leave them at a club that would do that.

Clubs like Asquith and Guildford have a larger mix of the senior blokes that can help back up the Shield side. You wouldn't have a RMC/SS squad of 34 blokes, and that's it.
I do wish we had a Massey, as it would help us immensely considering the A-Grade rules are stuffed, but of course the rules are in place to prevent overstacking in comps.

Of course though, we have a set core of players from Moorebank itself, and I'd love to see us have a squad... it's a bit difficult, I wish I knew a way around it all.

kbw

Bench
There are 3 types of teams playing in the SS and RM .
Those that are completely stand alone
those that have a relationship and get some players from comps above
and those like Moorebank who are basically there primarily for the a feeder and have mostly players send down.

Now Moorebank are quite successful this year (mainly because the coach is allowed to coach) but the odd occasion they are not able to use many Bulldogs players is a valid situation and reason for a dip in form.

the only piss poor thing about it is people's inability to understand different clubs operate differently.
Yes Moorebank rely on the Bulldogs Flegg but thats what they are all about

rightleftin

Juniors
In the early 90's Moorebank entered the Metro Cup, assembled a good squad and were instantly competitive. A few years down the team funding was cut so that Moorebank Sports Club could be built and the Rams fell to the bottom for years. The Bulldogs completely took over and they even played in Bulldogs jerseys but still called Moorebank. The players were 22 or older not 19 but when the Bulldogs decided to pull the plug the team was gone and have only now reappeared to subject itself to a similar scenario.

rightleftin

Juniors
A team of current coaches from the 2 grades would probably beat Hills Sydney Shield.

Here is a coaches lineup - plenty of 6's and 7's will have to play out of position.

1 Shannon Gallant (East Campbelltown SS assistant coach)
2 Simon Greaves (Wenty SS)
3 Pat Weisner (Asquith RMC)
4 Tim Gee (Belrose SS)
5 Darren Baker (Brothers RMC)
6 Nathan Waters (Wests RMC)
7 Brad Drew (St Marys RMC)
8 Chris Yates (Cabra RMC)
9 Heath Lestrange (Hills SS)
10 Brad Morrin (Moorebank SS)
11 Jared Farlow (Mounties RMC)
12 Feleti Mateo (Hills SS)
13 Luke Swain (St Marys SS)

Trevor Schodel (Hills RMC) could be the interchange dummy half and if trainers are included Tere Glassie and Shannon Chapman have both done the job for Mounties this year when not playing.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Here is a coaches lineup - plenty of 6's and 7's will have to play out of position.

1 Shannon Gallant (East Campbelltown SS assistant coach)
2 Simon Greaves (Wenty SS)
3 Pat Weisner (Asquith RMC)
4 Tim Gee (Belrose SS)
5 Darren Baker (Brothers RMC)
6 Nathan Waters (Wests RMC)
7 Brad Drew (St Marys RMC)
8 Chris Yates (Cabra RMC)
9 Heath Lestrange (Hills SS)
10 Brad Morrin (Moorebank SS)
11 Jared Farlow (Mounties RMC)
12 Feleti Mateo (Hills SS)
13 Luke Swain (St Marys SS)

Trevor Schodel (Hills RMC) could be the interchange dummy half and if trainers are included Tere Glassie and Shannon Chapman have both done the job for Mounties this year when not playing.
Who did Darren baker play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts