What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
I don't think this club has ever had someone like Cleary before. We've had better players come into first grade in Brandy, Fittler and Gowie. However, none of them were as polished as this young man at the same age.
Sorry, but that is just wrong. Brandy at the same age was better than Cleary. At 19 years of age he was rookie of the year, at 20 years of age, he was the Dally M player of the year. At 21 he was playing for Australia and on the Kangaroos tour. Cleary is good, but he is no Brandy.

Western Stand

Juniors
Sorry, but that is just wrong. Brandy at the same age was better than Cleary. At 19 years of age he was rookie of the year, at 20 years of age, he was the Dally M player of the year. At 21 he was playing for Australia and on the Kangaroos tour. Cleary is good, but he is no Brandy.
Might want to read my post again. I didn't say Cleary is a better player. In fact, I know he isn't. Brandy is the most skillful footballer I have ever seen. He was my hero as a kid and I still have a man crush on him today. I've seen him do things that no other player has ever been able to do.

I said that Nat is more polished than any of the others at the same age. He just helped NSW to a series win, he conducts himself impeccably in interviews and everyone that knows him, says he is wise beyond his years.

He is the person that the club must build themselves around and he will deliver us a huge amount of success.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Might want to read my post again. I didn't say Cleary is a better player. In fact, I know he isn't. Brandy is the most skillful footballer I have ever seen. He was my hero as a kid and I still have a man crush on him today. I've seen him do things that no other player has ever been able to do.

I said that Nat is more polished than any of the others at the same age. He just helped NSW to a series win, he conducts himself impeccably in interviews and everyone that knows him, says he is wise beyond his years.

He is the person that the club must build themselves around and he will deliver us a huge amount of success.

I totally agree. The player with good work ethic and one who is diligent in training, rehab et al. In my opinion (over time) will always out perform a person who only has talent. Cartwright is a good example of that. Yeo against Cartwright. Carty far and away the most talented. But who is showing the better results over time onfield ?

cain3y

Juniors
Ooohhh yeah!!!!! I reckon he is our next most important player long term after Cleary

Great news i think he is vital to our attack and the only player that is creating multiple opportunities every time he touches the ball. He has been very impressive this year. Need to sign him up long term as I'm sure other clubs are more than willing to take him off our hands.

Western Stand

Juniors
I totally agree. The player with good work ethic and one who is diligent in training, rehab et al. In my opinion (over time) will always out perform a person who only has talent. Cartwright is a good example of that. Yeo against Cartwright. Carty far and away the most talented. But who is showing the better results over time onfield ?
Yeo is such an important part of our club. He is a tremendous footballer and looks like a really decent human being. He is a credit to Penrith and more importantly, to himself and his family.

He reminds me so much of Colin Van Der Voort. Not his playing style but how he gives 100%, 100% of the time. Col was the guy that no journalist talked about. However, he was the guy that every player wanted in their team and every Penrith supporter loved. Isaah is the current version of the flying Dutchman.

We couldn't win the premiership without Col. 1990 versus 1991 was testament to that and I would say the same thing about Isaah. He is a critical member of the team and club.

betcats

Referee
He is our only older guy atleast. I don't see him or Tamou lasting the whole deal at the very least getting re-signed

Definitely not re-signed. Tamou, Merrin and Maloney will be gone eventually, there will be enough home grown experience in our side in a year, we wont have to overpay for experienced players.

franklin2323

Immortal
Definitely not re-signed. Tamou, Merrin and Maloney will be gone eventually, there will be enough home grown experience in our side in a year, we wont have to overpay for experienced players.

Yeah they were bought to be older heads. Help the young guys with training techniques, Recovery etc. Guys like RCG, Yeo etc are getting up towards 100 games so no need for big named recruits for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts