What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
Dean would surely be on a small contract. What other reason could we have for giving a 5 year contract to a guy who had missed the previous 2 seasons at the time he signed it?

Even a tiny contract to a player with his injury history would be a risk. With a potential reward being if he stays fit and finds form. But there's absolutely no upside to us giving him a big money 5 year deal.

TheFrog

Coach
I also wasn't giving excuses for not winning with my comment I was saying I wasn't blaming Crichton for losing us the game.
I think the difference in this game was that we allowed the Sharks to score points more easily than they allowed us to score points. We had the better of the second half in particular, and mounted sustained pressure, but all four Sharks tries came pretty much from nothing. Three of them following nitpicking penalties. We have to defend penalties better.

When they made a line break, they scored off Val Holmes. We made line breaks and didn't score.

OldPanther

Coach
I think the difference in this game was that we allowed the Sharks to score points more easily than they allowed us to score points. We had the better of the second half in particular, and mounted sustained pressure, but all four Sharks tries came pretty much from nothing. Three of them following nitpicking penalties. We have to defend penalties better.

When they made a line break, they scored off Val Holmes. We made line breaks and didn't score.

Yeah I've noticed that. Hopefully having our backline back we'll get some better support runs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I've noticed that. Hopefully having our backline back we'll get some better support runs.

Look at the Crichton bombed try. A more experienced player changes hands when carrying the ball.

It is a tough one for getting experienced depth. Again today NSW Cup won now 3 points clear at the top. So we have great depth but lack FG Experience

Western Stand

Juniors
It's interesting how the press report on matches. The Sharks won and it's fair enough that the story line was about them and Moylan. However, we should've been lining up for a conversion to make it 18 all with 8-10 minutes to go. Full credit to the side we had on the park, they did a wonderful job to stay in the hunt. I wouldn't not have been discouraged if we lost by 30 given the circumstances.

I am now more confident about our chances this year than ever. If we play Cronulla again, we won't be losing.

franklin2323

Immortal
It's interesting how the press report on matches. The Sharks won and it's fair enough that the story line was about them and Moylan. However, we should've been lining up for a conversion to make it 18 all with 8-10 minutes to go. Full credit to the side we had on the park, they did a wonderful job to stay in the hunt. I wouldn't not have been discouraged if we lost by 30 given the circumstances.

I am now more confident about our chances this year than ever. If we play Cronulla again, we won't be losing.

Cleary and Mansour didn't play in either game v them. US full strength will be too good for them

OldPanther

Coach

They won't talk about the loser unless your some club in crises for a dramatic headline.

Cleary and Mansour didn't play in either game v them. US full strength will be too good for them

We haven't beaten them in a few years.

tripster

Juniors

I found myself thinking the same thing during the game, and also thinking what a difference someone like Rhys Wesser would have made for us that night - with all the line breaks and him looming in support we would have put 30 on them!

unKwn

Juniors
first sharks game we technically lost by only 2, as Maloney quickly took the kick from right in front so we could get the ball back, but missed. take away the stupid high tackle Merrin did on moylan and the penalty goal that came from that and the scores are even. I definitely want to play sharks in the finals this year, they haven't played our full team yet...

Western Stand

Juniors
The Sharks are the best 'get up for a game' team in the premiership. Right at the moment, they want to grind Penrith and particularly, Gus' noses in it because of the things he has said.

Throw in the siege mentality from the players that have left Penrith and ended up @ Cronulla and you can see why they want to beat us so bad.

This can't last forever and although they've had a good run at it (which kills me inside), we have the team on the rise and the tables will be turned shortly.