What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep.
It would be great to have a new winner.

Amazing that there is no Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy...… and all the other strong countries that didn't even get close.
Best World Cup ever.

It has been an incredible World Cup - Belgium has played some fine football, Russia surprised a few people, and we got to witness the rise of young Mbappe.

It's just a shame that Messi and Ronaldo will retire without a World Cup to their names.

On the flip side, my Croatian heritage means I have a horse in this race, and I'm stoked!

84 Baby

Referee
It's just a shame that Messi and Ronaldo will retire without a World Cup to their names.
No it's not
ChubbyIllinformedGoral-size_restricted.gif

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congratulations to France, tournament favourites and deserved champions

Being of Croatian heritage I've seen this world cup give all my relos and Croatian friends such pride and joy throughout. In Croatia it was sheer nuts. I've seen some relationships that have been a little fractured, all of a sudden become united.

I genuinely hope we in Australia can experience success like this as well in the near future. Dare to dream even win it. I don't think there is any other sport that can come close to uniting us like success at a football world cup. I hope I am around to live through that, it will be like nothing else

Croatia over achieved and were always gonna be up against it in the final after 3 consecutive extra time sudden death matches. It was enormous that they were the more attacking side from the get go and throughout the match than France regardless of what the score was. France took their chances and good luck to them.

This VAR was a bit of a bummer, but it is what it is. I think it is the right direction for football to go but needs to be tweeked a bit ,especially for accidental handballs. Was a massive turning point

I have listened to Craig Foster a bit during this world cup and as a analyst he is bloody brilliant. I'll watch football more now because of him. Lucy Zelic was great too, very professional throughout

Anyhow, off to lots of gym workouts next few days. Who eats pig on a spit at midnight and has a few Rakias? :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
There’s diving and there’s merkin diving (not in the good way). Having played soccer, I can understand the need to make sure the ref saw foul but just falling over is not on

Mate, I agree - I hate it, with a passion.

But Messi and Ronaldo are two of the greatest footballers of all time; it's a shame that they will never win a World Cup.