What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Eelementary

Post Whore
It’s alright. Lucas “nothing but fall over” Hernandez is now a World Cup champion

Haha!

But it's cool, because Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann (scratch that - bloody diving merkin!), and Paul Pogba are also World Cup champions.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Usain Bolt on brink of playing in the A-League
Jeff DollingNews Corp Australia
July 16, 2018 11:29PM
The world's fastest man could transform the A-League with Usain Bolt set for a trial with the Central Coast Mariners.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/s...k-of-playing-in-the-a-league-bc-5809983102001

I heard this morning that he trialled in Europe (Germany ?) and they said no thanks. I wonder where the glam man Bolt will live on the Central Coast ? Does he know that Pearl Beach or Avoca are not exactly party central ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he wants to go from amateur cricket player to professional footballer, off field distractions are the last thing he needs. I'm sure he trained hard to become the world's best sprinter but I suspect genetics played a massive part in that as well. Unfortunately, physical gifts are a poor substitute for 25 years experience using your enormous feet to control a ball.

Gronk

Staff member
If he wants to go from amateur cricket player to professional footballer, off field distractions are the last thing he needs. I'm sure he trained hard to become the world's best sprinter but I suspect genetics played a massive part in that as well. Unfortunately, physical gifts are a poor substitute for 25 years experience using your enormous feet to control a ball.

This is huge but. Prolly bigger than when World Champion Jeff Fenech signed with the mighty Eels.

2336a041793f59b9798e9d45367e08a5

Eelementary

Post Whore
He'd be a draw card, if nothing else - he's a genuinely affable bloke, and a tremendous athlete.

Apparently, he trained with Machester United, and they said he had skill, but needed work on key areas (fine ball control, dribbling, agility).

But Usain is an elite-level athlete - I'm sure he'd make a real fist of it.

strider

Post Whore
I heard this morning that he trialled in Europe (Germany ?) and they said no thanks. I wonder where the glam man Bolt will live on the Central Coast ? Does he know that Pearl Beach or Avoca are not exactly party central ?

Silly question. Clearly he will lives in eastern suburbs toffsville and helicopter up for training and games

Gronk

Staff member
Silly question. Clearly he will lives in eastern suburbs toffsville and helicopter up for training and games

What about Palm Beach and get a water taxi straight to the stadium at Gosford ? Palm Beach is where its at over the summer if you have a high net worth.

Clipboard01.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He'd be a draw card, if nothing else - he's a genuinely affable bloke, and a tremendous athlete.

Apparently, he trained with Machester United, and they said he had skill, but needed work on key areas (fine ball control, dribbling, agility).

But Usain is an elite-level athlete - I'm sure he'd make a real fist of it.

he also trialled at Borussia Dortmund and they hooked him a well

any lower than the Mariners and he'll be playing park footy

he could be handy on the counter, no merkin could catch him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Palm beach is very nice but about as far away as you can get from any decent nightlife
There's only no decent nightlife if you don't have any rich friends. But if you want to take drugs and bang pretty prostitutes there's plenty of that in Palm Beach for the well connected. Plus you don't have to go to the same nightspots frequented by the likes of Russell Packer.

Latest posts