What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
Then that is a new question you moron.

I have specifically not commented on other countries as I have no first hand knowledge of such.

As for NZ, there was a time when it most certainly WAS, however it is highly debatable that it was orchestrated by the then NZRFU. Despite what you claim, with no evidence they most certainly did not prevent League being played in the school system.

As for NOW. No there isn't and hasn't been for many decades. The reason that League is not played widely in schools in NZ has more to do with the lack of funding form the NZRL due to a priority on funding clubs rather than schools directly, and the lack of interest in playing the game, then any other reason. You did know that the NZRL funded clubs rather than schools didnt' you? where as NZ Rugby did both over the years.

Any other questions Don Quixote?

I would suggest the lack of interest as you put it flows on from the inherent bias against the code of RL that you dismiss as being a long time ago. You seem to trivialize the historical bias against the code of rugby league. Pretty sure if kids were getting caned for playing rugby league that their is an anti rugby league stance within a number of NZ schools. NZ is one of many examples exhibiting a repression of rugby league. For you to suggest it's still not happening is questionable. Your "lack of interest"about rugby league comment suggests you don't think rugby league is worthy enough to gain popularity. I believe that rugby league is good enough to harness widespread popularity. A winning Warriors team has had widespread popular support throughout NZ in past years. Surely this should and could be transferred into widespread school participation interest? However this seems to be not so? Something is holding the code back. And its not just poor internal administration. It's an inherent historical issue that has been fostered and perpetuated by areas that have an historical bias toward rugby union with derision toward the alternative in rugbyleague . I have shown you articles relating to such repression both elsewhere and in NZ so your denial of this repression is questionable. So in light of that you choose to isolate these valid concerns and look to ridicule my comments on a thread that you have created. This is not fair. I appreciate your answer. Your stance against people whom wish to discuss this issue of repression is disturbing on a rugby league website.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I would suggest the lack of interest as you put it flowas on from the inherent bias against the code that you dismiss as being a long time ago. You seem to trivialize the historical bias against the code of rugby league. Pretty sure if kids were getting caned for playing rugby league that their is an anti rugby league stance within a number NZ of schools. NZ is one of many examples exhibiting a repression of rugby league. For you to suggest it's still not happening is questionable. Your lack of interest comment suggests you don't think rugby league is worthy enough to gain popularity. I believe that rugby league is good enough to harness widespread popularity. A winning Warriors teamy has had widespread popular support throughout NZ in past years. Surely this should abd could be transferred into widespread school participation interest? However this seems to be not so? Something is holding the code back. And its not just poor internal administration. It's an inherent historical bissue that has been fostered and perpetuated by areas that have an historical bias toward rugby union. I have shown you articles relating to such repression both elsewhere and in NZ so your denial of this repression is questionable. So in light of that you choose to isolate these valid concerns and look to ridicule my comments on a thread that you have created. This is not fair.

Read this back and ask yourself, does this deserve to be ridiculed.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I would suggest the lack of interest as you put it flows on from the inherent bias against the code of RL that you dismiss as being a long time ago. You seem to trivialize the historical bias against the code of rugby league. Pretty sure if kids were getting caned for playing rugby league that their is an anti rugby league stance within a number of NZ schools. NZ is one of many examples exhibiting a repression of rugby league. For you to suggest it's still not happening is questionable. Your "lack of interest"about rugby league comment suggests you don't think rugby league is worthy enough to gain popularity. I believe that rugby league is good enough to harness widespread popularity. A winning Warriors team has had widespread popular support throughout NZ in past years. Surely this should and could be transferred into widespread school participation interest? However this seems to be not so? Something is holding the code back. And its not just poor internal administration. It's an inherent historical issue that has been fostered and perpetuated by areas that have an historical bias toward rugby union with derision toward the alternative in rugbyleague . I have shown you articles relating to such repression both elsewhere and in NZ so your denial of this repression is questionable. So in light of that you choose to isolate these valid concerns and look to ridicule my comments on a thread that you have created. This is not fair. I appreciate your answer. Your stance against people whom wish to discuss this issue of repression is disturbing on a rugby league website.

What a load of unsubstantiated drivel... where to begin...

"I would suggest the lack of interest as you put it flows on from the inherent bias against the code of RL that you dismiss as being a long time ago."
You can suggest all you like. But you have no supporting evidence of this and are in fact wrong.

"Pretty sure if kids were getting caned for playing rugby league that their is an anti rugby league stance within a number of NZ schools."
A number of schools yes. But when we are talking about a handful out of the many hundreds of schools in NZ. It doesn't explain the widespread indifference.

"For you to suggest it's still not happening is questionable"
Since there is no evidence to support this, no its not. Added to this Corporal Punishment has been AGAINST THE LAW for 30 odd years. So it ISN'T happening.

"It's an inherent historical issue that has been fostered and perpetuated by areas that have an historical bias toward rugby union with derision toward the alternative in rugbyleague"
While there has most certainly been a bias toward Rugby in NZ. Your assumption that it also accompanied a "derision" toward League is not supported by facts. The fact you don't understand that people have varying tastes shows how little understanding of the world you have.

"I have shown you articles relating to such repression both elsewhere and in NZ so your denial of this repression is questionable"
No you haven't. You posted one opinion piece that listed no specific examples of such happening in NZ. You just lied... again.

"Your "lack of interest"about rugby league comment suggests you don't think rugby league is worthy enough to gain popularity. I believe that rugby league is good enough to harness widespread popularity. A winning Warriors team has had widespread popular support throughout NZ in past years"

It suggests no such thing. It is based on the participation and viewership figures over the last couple of decades. NRL games on TV have averaged about 50-60K. Warriors games have been as low as 25K upto 500K for their few Finals appearances. There are ratings threads on this site that will show this if you care to look. That shows that the general public just don't care. They only care when the Warriors are winning. This year during their unbeaten start of the season run they still only got a couple of hundred Thousand. and that lasted only while they were winning.

"So in light of that you choose to isolate these valid concerns and look to ridicule my comments on a thread that you have created. This is not fair. I appreciate your answer. Your stance against people whom wish to discuss this issue of repression is disturbing on a rugby league website"
No you are ridiculed because you go on and on and on about the same things without any evidence in threads that are totally unrelated to this topic. And its also funny to do so.

Stallion

First Grade
What a load of unsubstantiated drivel... where to begin...

"I would suggest the lack of interest as you put it flows on from the inherent bias against the code of RL that you dismiss as being a long time ago."
You can suggest all you like. But you have no supporting evidence of this and are in fact wrong.

"Pretty sure if kids were getting caned for playing rugby league that their is an anti rugby league stance within a number of NZ schools."
A number of schools yes. But when we are talking about a handful out of the many hundreds of schools in NZ. It doesn't explain the widespread indifference.

"For you to suggest it's still not happening is questionable"
Since there is no evidence to support this, no its not. Added to this Corporal Punishment has been AGAINST THE LAW for 30 odd years. So it ISN'T happening.

"It's an inherent historical issue that has been fostered and perpetuated by areas that have an historical bias toward rugby union with derision toward the alternative in rugbyleague"
While there has most certainly been a bias toward Rugby in NZ. Your assumption that it also accompanied a "derision" toward League is not supported by facts. The fact you don't understand that people have varying tastes shows how little understanding of the world you have.

"I have shown you articles relating to such repression both elsewhere and in NZ so your denial of this repression is questionable"
No you haven't. You posted one opinion piece that listed no specific examples of such happening in NZ. You just lied... again.

"Your "lack of interest"about rugby league comment suggests you don't think rugby league is worthy enough to gain popularity. I believe that rugby league is good enough to harness widespread popularity. A winning Warriors team has had widespread popular support throughout NZ in past years"

It suggests no such thing. It is based on the participation and viewership figures over the last couple of decades. NRL games on TV have averaged about 50-60K. Warriors games have been as low as 25K upto 500K for their few Finals appearances. There are ratings threads on this site that will show this if you care to look. That shows that the general public just don't care. They only care when the Warriors are winning. This year during their unbeaten start of the season run they still only got a couple of hundred Thousand. and that lasted only while they were winning.

"So in light of that you choose to isolate these valid concerns and look to ridicule my comments on a thread that you have created. This is not fair. I appreciate your answer. Your stance against people whom wish to discuss this issue of repression is disturbing on a rugby league website"
No you are ridiculed because you go on and on and on about the same things without any evidence in threads that are totally unrelated to this topic. And its also funny to do so.

Lol. From the beginning you forwarded an unsubstantiated comment in stating that I'm wrong! Your opinion is an opinion and so is mine. You are not following freedom of speech principles. I am, however your treatment of my comments are over the top. And very strange for someone that purports to be a rugby league fan and moderator. I have forwarded plenty of articles and books and you have not accepted the content? This brings to question your stance. As my comments section are aimed at a discourse to improve, expose wrong doings towards rugby-league , Your aggressive stance is not what rugby league fans would expect on a rugby league website? It's concerning and its happening. PS. I have forwarded articles and in fact a book that refers to the repression of rugby league in NZ. You have chosen to ridicule the source (Dreaneen etc)I note you have dismissed tv ratings for the Warriors? This with not acknowledging that the timeframe of most games played in Australia is not on prime time slots in NZ.You also alluded to little genuine interest in the Warriors? They have been massive on a number of occasions in NZ! In fact, the Warriors crowds and tv have been greater than NZ Super union games played at the same time over the past few months? Hardly a foundation to assert that there is little interest in the Warriors in NZ!? Especially from a purported rugby league fan.
And by the way, I was given the opportunity to.play all codes at my high school and did so. Oddly enough when about to play union, I had to sign a special declaration to play this sport. This did not happen when I played all the other sports. I was in my first year at a semi professional rugby league club during my last year at high-school. Another odd scenario courtesy of rugby union policies no doubt!

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Lol. From the beginning you forwarded an unsubstantiated comment in stating that I'm wrong! Your opinion is an opinion and so is mine. You are not following freedom of speech principles. I am however your treatment of my comments are over the top. And very strange for someone that purports to be a rugby league fan and moderator. I have plenty of articles and books and you have not accepted the content? This brings to question your stance. As my comments section are aimed at a discourse to improve, expose wrong doings towards rugby-league , your aggressive stance is not what rugby league fans would expect on a rugby league website? It's concerning and its happening. PS. I have forwarded articles and in fact a book that refers to the repression of rugby league in NZ. You have chosen to ridicule the source (Dreaneen etc)

You truly are moronic.

What books have you provided???? One that only states the Authors personal experience. It DOES NOT claim any systematic repression in NZ

What Articles??? One Opinion piece, that lists no specific examples of systematic repression in NZ.

Everything i have posted is accurate and can be verified. You cant ever say the same.

And finally your "freedom of speech" argument is the funniest of all. This is a privately owned website where the owners have SOLE discretion on what can and can't be posted on the site.
If you don't like it create your own site and post what ever the hell you like.

Stallion

First Grade
You truly are moronic.

What books have you provided???? One that only states the Authors personal experience. It DOES NOT claim any systematic repression in NZ

What Articles??? One Opinion piece, that lists no specific examples of systematic repression in NZ.

Everything i have posted is accurate and can be verified. You cant ever say the same.

And finally your "freedom of speech" argument is the funniest of all. This is a privately owned website where the owners have SOLE discretion on what can and can't be posted on the site.
If you don't like it create your own site and post what ever the hell you like.

You are the moron! And a very damaging one at that . I have forwarded this article attached. And I have also referred the book called "The Forbidden Game" And only recently another contributor recommended Graham Lowe's book. No matter how you look at it there exists an anti rugby league sentiment in your stance and a desire to limit and subvert discourse about the repression of rugby league. My comments are based on a belief that the repression of rugby league is widespread and New Zealand has its part to play in this repression. You deny this!?

Attachments

• RL.The plight of South African rugby league (1) (1).pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 1

Stallion

First Grade
So please tell me, are you an English teacher?

Go back to pleasing Te Kaha. (Sorry you are ) I don't cast aspersions as to your employment? (if you employed!) I'm a primary school teacher (all subjects)that is very much interested in what rugby league is doing for kids at this age and beyond.

Te Kaha

First Grade
You are the moron! And a very damaging one at that . I have forwarded this article attached. And I have also referred the book called "The Forbidden Game" And only recently another contributor recommended Graham Lowe's book. No matter how you look at it there exists an anti rugby league sentiment in your stance and a desire to limit and subvert discourse about the repression of rugby league. My comments are based on a belief that the repression of rugby league is widespread and New Zealand has its part to play in this repression. You deny this!?

You stupid ignorant twat.

The Forbidden game DOESN'T MENTION NEW ZEALAND you putz.

And that opinion piece only mentions NZ ONCE here and even states that any 'prejudice" was NOT OFFICIAL. i.e not systematic!!!
"In New Zealand the deep-running, albeit unofficial, prejudice against the thirteen-man game prevented generations of school boys from taking it up for fear of being vilified and reprimanded by a teaching profession dominated by rugby union puritans."
Its also referring to things that happened 60+ years ago you poor excuse for a child bothering oxygen thief.

Stallion

First Grade
You stupid ignorant twat.

The Forbidden game DOESN'T MENTION NEW ZEALAND you putz.

And that opinion piece only mentions NZ ONCE here and even states that any 'prejudice" was NOT OFFICIAL. i.e not systematic!!!
"In New Zealand the deep-running, albeit unofficial, prejudice against the thirteen-man game prevented generations of school boys from taking it up for fear of being vilified and reprimanded by a teaching profession dominated by rugby union puritans."
Its also referring to things that happened 60+ years ago you poor excuse for a child bothering oxygen thief.

Wow. How apathetic! And you don't think this sort of behaviour toward rugby league matters!? Amazing . You are an ignoramus!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Good back to pleasing Te Kaha. I don't cast aspersions as to your employment? (if you employed!) I'm a primary school teacher (all subjects)that is very much interested in what rugby league is doing for kids at this age and beyond.

Probably because he doesn't, based on his posting, come across as an uneducated pillock who is passing himself as something he is uniquely not qualified for.

Pommy

Coach
Good back to pleasing Te Kaha. I don't cast aspersions as to your employment? (if you employed!) I'm a primary school teacher (all subjects)that is very much interested in what rugby league is doing for kids at this age and beyond.

I don’t cast aspersions, except this aspersion I’m about to cast. Classic Stalion.
It’s not really much of an aspersion though, you keep providing us with the evidence.
Te Kaha has nothing to do with it I just like laughing at you make a twat of yourself.

Stallion

First Grade
Probably because he doesn't, based on his posting, come across as an uneducated pillock who is passing himself as something he is uniquely not qualified for.

Lol. One thing for sure is you are not are fair minded or rugby league friendly moderator. That's is FACT!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Lol. One thing for sure is you are not are fair minded or rugby league friendly moderator. That's is FACT!

And you managed to get three posts before mentioning my moderator status... seems to be the magic number before the bile builds up and your gut and you start frothing at the mouth.

Stallion

First Grade
I don’t cast aspersions, except this aspersion I’m about to cast. Classic Stalion.
It’s not really much of an aspersion though, you keep providing us with the evidence.
Te Kaha has nothing to do with it I just like laughing at you make a twat of yourself.

I think you have proven to be a sly and snide twat. Not that I like using descriptions from you Pommy! Overall their is someone whom thinks that rugby league is getting a rough deal from a number of factors which have been promoted / pushed by a well concealed agenda from rugby union. The other denies this observation and ridicules the information. Sadly one of the "nay sayers" is a moderator on a rugby league website. That's it in summary. Go figure.

Stallion

First Grade
And you managed to get three posts before mentioning my moderator status... seems to be the magic number before the bile builds up and your gut and you start frothing at the mouth.

You should be ashamed of yourself ! But you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.