What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 vs Broncos

cain3y

Juniors
Egan is a running hooker, running is his strength.

We haven’t seen much of it in fg yet but he’s a very good runner.
We won't really know until he gets a proper crack at starting hooker and with our injury history that may be soon. At this stage I'd still rather Peach. I think a lot of people are now looking at all the negative things Peachy does instead of the positives because he is leaving. IMO Peachy is an all round better player than Egan.

Western Stand

Juniors
I have been very impressed with Jerome's goal line defence. I think it is probably worth looking at him this week to see if he can handle the positional play at fullback.

Dallin is a fantastic winger and if he plays this week or not, I think the team is best served with him out wide. Also, he and Sauce are fantastic in carting the ball out of our 20m. He can't do this when he is playing fullback.

OldPanther

Coach
We won't really know until he gets a proper crack at starting hooker and with our injury history that may be soon. At this stage I'd still rather Peach. I think a lot of people are now looking at all the negative things Peachy does instead of the positives because he is leaving. IMO Peachy is an all round better player than Egan.

I agree with him leaving probably doesn't help his reputation. He's good but Egan is a much better player than Peachey.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's starting to go well now that he's had time to get past the acl.

Wasn't just that. Pretty much his whole career had small injuries to make him miss games. So the play regularly helps. Once DWZ and a few others have the same watch how much better they look

OldPanther

Coach
Wasn't just that. Pretty much his whole career had small injuries to make him miss games. So the play regularly helps. Once DWZ and a few others have the same watch how much better they look

This sounds like you're arguing but we pretty much agree.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our team looks great. But I doubt we will click immediately.

For the past 6 or 7 weeks Maloney, Cleary and Peachey have only made cameos at training before this week.

Mansour has been out for quiet a while.
Blake has only just returned and hasnt played with our Origin players since Round 5
DWZ has been in and out a couple of times with injury

We might take a couple of games to get the polish we had before the Origin series. Not saying we can't or won't win games. I just think we will be a few weeks off hitting form... however that's also probably the best time go find form. If we can keep boosting our team until finals we should be set for a huge series.

TheFrog

Coach
Blake has only just returned and hasnt played with our Origin players since Round 5
Mansour was a beast in his first game back from his ACL and I expect similar now. Blake has been tremendous outside rookie halves alongside Kikau. DWZ would have to be doubtful. If Luai plays and does well at the back it might be a blessing in disguise for us.

This match will be decided up front. I think we've got them covered in that regard.

OldPanther

Coach
Mansour was a beast in his first game back from his ACL and I expect similar now. Blake has been tremendous outside rookie halves alongside Kikau. DWZ would have to be doubtful. If Luai plays and does well at the back it might be a blessing in disguise for us.

This match will be decided up front. I think we've got them covered in that regard.

As far as I understand they have a pack of rookies. We should be a lot better.

mxlegend99

Referee

Individual form I expect to be good for players.

I expect the polish as a team to be lacking. Outside of the Blake/Kikau combo which is lethal.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our team looks great. But I doubt we will click immediately.

For the past 6 or 7 weeks Maloney, Cleary and Peachey have only made cameos at training before this week.

We might take a couple of games to get the polish we had before the Origin series. Not saying we can't or won't win games. I just think we will be a few weeks off hitting form... however that's also probably the best time go find form. If we can keep boosting our team until finals we should be set for a huge series.

We only need to be playing well in Finals before then. Just getting combinations and fitness

OldPanther

Coach
We only need to be playing well in Finals before then. Just getting combinations and fitness

Pretty much this. Get some nice wins now as we build combinations and become a powerhouse for finals. We should have our entire team back(excluding season ending injuries) by finals. It's exciting.

Latest posts