What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis to retire.. hats off..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/17/luke-lewis-to-retire-at-the-end-of-2018/

From a scrawny young winger at Penrith to hard-nosed forward at the Sharks and Clive Churchill Medal Winner - all respect to Luke Lewis for an awesome career.

Watch footage from the 2003 GF and Sattlers' tackle on Todd Byrne. If Lewis doesn't make the dive to slow Byrne down - he scores for sure. Scott Sattler should by beers for Luke for Life.

Not many players have gone from wing to forwards and as successfully (although there is a Dragon who springs to mind).

One of my favourite opposition players in the NRL. .

Shitstain on the game that won't be missed

Backflips on the rabbits then endorsed thuggery

Hope he has a season ending injury

Will not be missed

TheFrog

Coach
Watch footage from the 2003 GF and Sattlers' tackle on Todd Byrne. If Lewis doesn't make the dive to slow Byrne down - he scores for sure. Scott Sattler should by beers for Luke for Life.
You'd think the 20 year old Lewis would have had the pace to have Byrne covered, but Luke went too soon. Byrne ran another 40 metres before Sattler got him. Luke's mis-tackle might have helped, but Sattler was running at 3 to Byrne's 2. The tackle and the saved/bombed try at such a critical moment was as much Byrne's claim to fame as it was Sattler's.

Lewis should have scored in the dying moments of this GF, but Whatuira didn't pass to him when he was unmarked.

Last edited:
My favourite player of all time.

I love him so much that now he’s retiring I will genuinely lose an amount of enthusiasm for the game.

Such a good player. A players player. Does things on the field most don’t notice. Runs the toughest lines, hits like a train in defence; has never been accused of being a grub.

Achieved everything in the game and kicked cancers arse along the way. In the era of grubs like Smith, Slater, Gallen etc he was a shining light.

There is footage of me pushing an old man out of the way to shake his hand at the GF post match function in 2016.

You'd think the 20 year old Lewis would have had the pace to have Byrne covered, but Luke went too soon. Byrne ran another 40 metres before Sattler got him. It was as much Byrne's claim to fame as it was Sattler's.

Possibly, but he was heading for Fittler who picked up and passed quickly to Byrne with momentum. Makes a dive at Byrne who staggers, Sattler gets him down the road. If Lewis misses / tackles Fittler - Byrne's away and would score. If Lewis makes the tackle on Byrne, Scott Sattler never makes that tackle and his lifetime of keynote speaker gigs never happens. He owes Lewis beers methinks.

Sliding doors.

To the haters obviously I'm putting a spotlight on how hypocritical all the DCE hate crowd are

This wank pheasant here also backflipped however because he can't speak a 3 syllable word it's absolutely ignored and he's a good bloke for some reason

Or Gordon Tallis queen of bitches who sat out a season to avoid pulling on the jersey he signed to pull on

Hutty1986

Immortal
My favourite player of all time.

I love him so much that now he’s retiring I will genuinely lose an amount of enthusiasm for the game.

Such a good player. A players player. Does things on the field most don’t notice. Runs the toughest lines, hits like a train in defence; has never been accused of being a grub.

Achieved everything in the game and kicked cancers arse along the way. In the era of grubs like Smith, Slater, Gallen etc he was a shining light.

There is footage of me pushing an old man out of the way to shake his hand at the GF post match function in 2016.
AgO7a5Q2BnGqY7KKFxT767Ct2YWoVISYnvwKd1b1jrTqFWn-61tqG0cypPgMsClDymkfO_Ae17hEOWDSZ8W1sAJZ5xPEBnLO3x-OExxLQ4gT6MwUT3boEGJQRG3zjRLAHRA4SH3ky29c0CENt_sEmKo=w244-h180-nc

Life's Good

Coach
To the haters obviously I'm putting a spotlight on how hypocritical all the DCE hate crowd are

This wank pheasant here also backflipped however because he can't speak a 3 syllable word it's absolutely ignored and he's a good bloke for some reason

Or Gordon Tallis queen of bitches who sat out a season to avoid pulling on the jersey he signed to pull on
Hate as much as you like, twist your own panties as much as you like but to wish a season ending injury on someone isn’t cool.
It’s a game of footy FFS.

blaza88z

Coach
He will 100% become a commentator I reckon, he's been a regular on NRL 360 for a good while now, that's usually the grooming path for a gig in the commentary box

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
always liked luke, all the best to him. Managed to add a good lol@souffs to his career accomplishments

Brutus

Referee
Tough, 100% effort every game, well played, fine career.

Now please stay out of the commentary box.

This.

We can't have another marble gargler in the media.

Hodges is bad enough.

Do something else with your life Luke. You have been a very good player.