What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Draft and Offseason

abpanther

Staff member
I get the feeling Kawhi won't even play a game in Toronto, they'll flip him to LA for Kuzma and Ingram or something like that

Not a great deal for the Spurs but they really didn't have much leverage

shiznit

Coach
I get the feeling Kawhi won't even play a game in Toronto, they'll flip him to LA for Kuzma and Ingram or something like that

Not a great deal for the Spurs but they really didn't have much leverage
I think it’s a great deal for the Spurs...

They get an established young all star on a 3yr deal... he’s not as good as Kawhi... but he’s still very good... and you put him in with Pop in his system... i could easily see him flourish and go to an even higher level.

They weren’t getting anything near that type of player from anyone else... so they did the best they probably could.

Kawhi is even less likely to stay in Toronto than he was to stay in San Antonio so i don’t think the Lakers will trade anything meaningful with Toronto... I’d be super surprised if they gave up either Kuzma or Ingram let alone both of them to get him.

They will wait it out IMO...

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I think it’s a great deal for both teams. Pop isn’t going to want to rebuild at this stage of his career. DeRozan is a great player and they can continue to be competitive.

For the Raptors they can have 1 more shot at winning the east and then rebuild the following year. Plus there is the small chance that Kawhi actually resigns.

Rod

Bench
Yeah, I agree with all that, I think it was a pretty good trade for both sides. Raptors got better straight away and gave themselves a bit of longer term flexibility. Spurs got a very good player with not much leverage to work with.

shiznit

Coach
Ohhh and Melo is a gangster... :joy::joy:

gets his money and gets to choose his team...

NvkfrwCtaQAz61qELWhpCzHHpugbFEcM1KYpae1SXl7CG0Gpm-xWt6AW9_mgiIU3MLD-i1m1VwRPV-vXE3tCZ3ZNSUpCqQ0cWWleugR9ggoYtYVScE-l5mkQkjevs10io-7lHQ=w470-h313-nc