What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Perth 2019

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Just had another check, small sections of seats have been made available bay 520 and also in Blatcheys Blues. Looks like the are going to treat us like fools and drip feed tickets onto the market as areas sell out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just had another check, small sections of seats have been made available bay 520 and also in Blatcheys Blues. Looks like the are going to treat us like fools and drip feed tickets onto the market as areas sell out.

Makes no sense in a market like perth. How many non NRL fans will jump on and see it full and not bother trying again? Just release let them all and let them sell! It will sell out anyway so no risk, just pisses people off and stops some non RL fans who may be converted from attending.

jim_57

Staff member
Makes no sense in a market like perth. How many non NRL fans will jump on and see it full and not bother trying again? Just release let them all and let them sell! It will sell out anyway so no risk, just pisses people off and stops some non RL fans who may be converted from attending.

I don't get this strategy, especially for events that have 99% probability of selling out. Buying tickets seems to have been turned in to a game of chance. For any big event it should uust be a member's pre-sale then the next day throw the rest on sale for the general public. I'd even let the Member's pre-sale get access to most of the best tickets, which would help membership sales for all clubs.

When it sells out have a link to other Rugby League events coming up in that city and in general to promote them as well. Easy.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Currently only showing behind sticks in blues area $165, in the gods for $235 or reasonable bottom tier in maroons area for $385, ouch! Origins good, but not $385 each good!

Nuke

Staff member
I got mine on the pre-sale day (Tuesday) for myself, a mate, and my family. At my family's request, I was asked to try getting seats near the halfway line, no matter how high up. We sat near one of the corner posts for the double-header in Round 1 and they weren't really the best seats.

I got up top, virtually on the halfway line, southern end (non-broadcasting side) for $130 or so each.

Perth Red

Post Whore
30,000 sold day one!

After their first day on sale to the general public, close to 30,000 tickets have been sold for State of Origin II next year at Optus Stadium, Perth.

The match will be played Sunday, June 23 at the 60,000-seat venue in Western Australia.

It will mark the first time, barring the 1987 exhibition match in Los Angeles, an Origin match has been played outside of the eastern states of Australia.

Tickets have so far been purchased from as far away as the USA, the UK, the Netherlands and New Zealand.

An NRL spokesperson said corporate sales have also mirrored the strong general admission sales.
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/07/18/perth-origin-tickets-sell-like-hotcakes/

Perth Red

Post Whore
I got mine on the pre-sale day (Tuesday) for myself, a mate, and my family. At my family's request, I was asked to try getting seats near the halfway line, no matter how high up. We sat near one of the corner posts for the double-header in Round 1 and they weren't really the best seats.

I got up top, virtually on the halfway line, southern end (non-broadcasting side) for $130 or so each.

Good deal, similiar seats nowmseling for $235!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
So they have sold 30k tickets yet the Ticketmaster site is showing single seats only in a couple of areas on Tier 5, why are they not showing all available seats so people can get in and buy. I spoke to numerous people yesterday (non NRL fans) who where disappointed they are going to miss out because there are no tickets left. These are the people we are trying to get to the game, they are also not like us as they wont be continually checking on ticket availability, they had a crack and missed out, move on to something else.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its ridiculous, 20k seats plus available to sell and they only have one section in the gods available to buy or the supporters ends. Probably 15k seats not yet put on sale

Perth Tiger

Bench
for anyone still waiting looks like there have opened up bays 142-144 with the first 8 rows.

Pretty bloody annoyed because now i will have to unload the shittier seats I bought when it looked like everything was being sold out. But I don't think that would be much of a problem

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Just grabbed seats in row 2 of bay 143. Halfway line! This is gonna be tits on toast.
Bay 143 at the double header to give you an idea of what your view will be. They installed a heap of temp seating down the front, not sure if they'll do the same this time.
Optus Stadium Double Header.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
I'm sure they will. That is, I'm confident in saying, their strategy of making the round stadium more suitable for the rectangular field sports. I didn't go nor did I watch it, but the Perth Glory played some big English soccer team there last week or the week before, and for the few moments of it that I saw on tv as I was flicking stations, the stadium lighting was also configured so that only the rectangle pitch was lit up and the rest of the surface was in virtual darkness. This would be another strategy of making sports like ours and soccer feel more at home in the round stadium.

Did look impressive too, I have to say. I don't recall them doing it at the end of the double-header, but then again, it wasn't really dark enough to notice.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only tickets on sale are in supporters area in lower bowl

$120 restricted view behind sticks
$165 behind sticks
$220 restricted view corner post
$270 try line
$335 restricted view 20m line (how the frick can they charge $335 for restricted view?)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Currently not showing any tickets available other than a couple of bays in each supporters area priced $160-385. $385 to sit on the 10m line, ouch!

Latest posts