What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vozzy

Juniors
Tigers have been a bogey team for South's last 4-5 years even the premiership year I think we beat them and well. Need to defend well on paper other then S Burgess, Johnston, Sutton, Walker they aren't that scary but the coach has the lesser names playing put of their skin.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths 2-5 are pretty ordinary.

2. Graham - very tall which worries me with Thompson marking him. Has a lot of mistakes on him though
3. Hunt - solid defender, doesn’t add much in attack
4. Gagai - ordinary center, can’t tackle
5. Jennings - catches the ball and puts it down, otherwise nothing special

Of all the top 8 I’d say they’re comfortably the worst without GI. It’s the rest of the side you worry about..
Lol are you serious??

Campbell has been saving tries consistently covering Dane' arse. Campbell is very strong too for a young lad!

Hunt actually has improved this year in his attack a bit and the lines he's running. He also is making more metres...

Correct re Gags but he has a good step!

Jennings has been a shining light. Probs the best of the Jennings boys. He's actually really strong. He has improved under the high ball and has been our best with the shit work and fast play the balls!

I'll take our backs over Warriors for sure even without GI. Besides Holmes the Sharks don't have much either imo.

At least I am getting a good laugh:)

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tigers have been a bogey team for South's last 4-5 years even the premiership year I think we beat them and well. Need to defend well on paper other then S Burgess, Johnston, Sutton, Walker they aren't that scary but the coach has the lesser names playing put of their skin.
Glad you're ignoring Cookie....

Shit I wish you were Tigers coach....... you'd be oblivious to what Cookie offers...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol are you serious??

Campbell has been saving tries consistently covering Dane' arse. Campbell is very strong too for a young lad!

Hunt actually has improved this year in his attack a bit and the lines he's running. He also is making more metres...

Correct re Gags but he has a good step!

Jennings has been a shining light. Probs the best of the Jennings boys. He's actually really strong. He has improved under the high ball and has been our best with the shit work and fast play the balls!

I'll take our backs over Warriors for sure even without GI. Besides Holmes the Sharks don't have much either imo.

At least I am getting a good laugh:)

Glad you're ignoring Cookie....

Shit I wish you were Tigers coach....... you'd be oblivious to what Cookie offers...

This is why you cop as much shit as you do and believe everyone gangs up on you. Every single opinion that you slightly disagree isn't instantly wrong.

bjm8

Juniors
They have had a charmed run of late.. their last 3 have been against 14th, 15th and 16th, the game before that was the 12th placed Titans in a match which that was such an anti-titans rort it bordered on criminal. (won the penalties by about 10, hipgraves spent more time in the sin bin than on the field). Ryan james deserved to win that game on his own. And they have the Eels next week!

The loss Souffs had to have, Tigers by 8.

I don’t think you can blame Souths for the draw,some teams get an easier runs then others but usually get found out come finals time like Parra last season,credit where credit is due Souths are winning games against the less fancy teams and that’s something the WT have struggled to do which has left us out of the eight.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t think you can blame Souths for the draw,some teams get an easier runs then others but usually get found out come finals time like Parra last season,credit where credit is due Souths are winning games against the less fancy teams and that’s something the WT have struggled to do which has left us out of the eight.

Certainly not having a go at them. Bottom line is they are winning games and have enough good players to lift when they play stronger teams.

Moreso putting their wining run in perspective. A winning run that’s constantly beating lowly teams is a bit different to beating fellow top 8 sides.

They’re a serious Premiership threat and we’ll have to be at our absolute best to beat them.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Certainly not having a go at them. Bottom line is they are winning games and have enough good players to lift when they play stronger teams.

Moreso putting their wining run in perspective. A winning run that’s constantly beating lowly teams is a bit different to beating fellow top 8 sides.

They’re a serious Premiership threat and we’ll have to be at our absolute best to beat them.

Rabs20 will not read this. Persecution posts only.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is why you cop as much shit as you do and believe everyone gangs up on you. Every single opinion that you slightly disagree isn't instantly wrong.
You can have your view but I don't have to agree with it and can voice what I think!

Didn't you see Jennings try against the Cows to win us the game... I suggest you watch it back... an ordinary winger wouldn't have scored that. Also on the back of Reynolds grubber last week an ordinary winger wouldn't have scored that.

Also Campbell is a future origin player. The kid doesn't actually have many errors in him at all!

Rabbits20

Immortal
We've actually played 8 top 8 teams this season. Compare this to other teams and you'll see how we actually haven't had it too easy..... earlier in the season we had tougher games. Out of our past 5 matches against top 8 sides we've won 4 out of the 5. I'm confident if our stars stay fit we can make the prelim but from there who knows......

Not trying to deny we have a good draw but it’s not like yours is very difficult either.
View attachment 21529

This was from 2 rounds ago.

SBD82

Coach
We've actually played 8 top 8 teams this season. Compare this to other teams and you'll see how we actually haven't had it too easy..... earlier in the season we had tougher games. Out of our past 5 matches against top 8 sides we've won 4 out of the 5. I'm confident if our stars stay fit we can make the prelim but from there who knows......
Dear tigers,

Please smash the bunnies on the weekend so that this POS takes another self imposed holiday.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Das Hassler

Bench
This game's in Benjis hands...if he can keep them off balance enough to not get into rythm we can get them....our forwards ( less Lawrence) can't match them and our defence won't see the distance against their size . Discipline ..precision repeat sets and Mbye on Farah's heels is what i want to see

philgood

Juniors

You're very irrirating you know that?

Tiger05

First Grade
This game's in Benjis hands...if he can keep them off balance enough to not get into rythm we can get them....our forwards ( less Lawrence) can't match them and our defence won't see the distance against their size . Discipline ..precision repeat sets and Mbye on Farah's heels is what i want to see

Our spine is a lot better now than what it has been this year and I reckon that they can give us a chance if the rest of the team turns up and plays to their best of their ability.

Our pack though isn't in the same class at all as Souths.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Our spine is a lot better now than what it has been this year and I reckon that they can give us a chance if the rest of the team turns up and plays to their best of their ability.

Our pack though isn't in the same class at all as Souths.

Im not overly concerned about Chrystal Lawrence being out..
He has missed 2 bad tackles that resulted in tries in his last 2 games..(1 on Ash Taylor and 1 on Ben Hunt rushing up too fast and missing both.)
Trying to do his Hitman Joel Edwards impressions.:rolleyes:

Tiger05

First Grade
Im not overly concerned about Chrystal Lawrence being out..
He has missed 2 bad tackles that resulted in tries in his last 2 games..(1 on Ash Taylor and 1 on Ben Hunt rushing up too fast and missing both.)
Trying to do his Hitman Joel Edwards impressions.:rolleyes:

I reckon we miss him a lot. Yeah he has missed a couple of tackles but overall he has been great for us. Our best forward this year. I think Chee-Kam though has looked really good at times so maybe we can replace him.

Latest posts