What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Putting aside the Sudanese gang brouhaha created by the pollies conveniently before next weeks super Saturday election, two Aussies who came here as boys are raising some eyebrows on the world athletic stage.

Joseph Deng and Peter Bol are mates and both run 800m. A few weeks ago they finished 1, 2 in the Diamond League meet. A few hours ago Deng broke a 50 year Australian record in Monaco. I wonder if they get much of a mention in the press today.

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile I watched Caster Semenya win the womans 800m by 40m (again) and also broke the SA national record. Soon the she will be required to have internal testes removed or take medication to lower testosterone levels. Good.

semenya.jpg

I’m not a merkin and fully support LGBTI (Caster is an “I”), but I also support a level playing field in sport. Same thing goes for the transsexual who wants to play WAFL. No way unless it can be shown that she does not have a hormonal advantage.

images