What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

King hit

Coach
I just took a look at that footage of the Ramien try and the BJ forward pass and they were just shocking calls and Sticky had every right to criticise them and criticise the bunker. He makes more than a point about the constant rule changes and administration with no idea making it harder for referees to do their job to the best. Going to the bunker for just about every try is wasting time slowing the flow of the game and Ricky is right there.

I'm not the biggest sticky fan out there but he had every right to rant about last night and shouldn't be fined as he is just saying what the vast majority of us think.

squiddy

Juniors
I dont see any fan can defend the refs in that game they were terrible.

Yep agreed they were , Raiders right side was offside nearly every set , commentators noted it on several occasions in the 2nd half . Sharks attack had no hope, also refs missed an attempted ? Eye gouge by a raiders player which again was clear to see and commentators also picked up on, yep refs were shite last night Pete

squiddy

Juniors
I just took a look at that footage of the Ramien try and the BJ forward pass and they were just shocking calls .

BJ forward pass was a shocking call , Katoa,s try bunker had another angle which we didn’t see hopefully will release it that shows clearly missed Ramien hand and seemingly misses his forearm too. I have no problems with try per se but big problems with the touchie flag , all that raiders must play to the whistle

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

what a f**ktard

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...s/news-story/f86d79bf6f5eed5eda4ff99483248856

Ricky Stuart has taken another swipe at the NRL, saying the Raiders are treated differently to other clubs

THE Raiders coach has accused the NRL of treating his club differently to those ‘they need in their competition’.

AAPJuly 21, 20186:56pm

CANBERRA coach Ricky Stuart has doubled down on his criticism of the NRL, claiming he and the Raiders are victims of double standards off the field.

Still fuming after the NRL admitted play should have been stopped after a touch judge raised his flag in the lead-up to a Cronulla try in the Raiders’ 28-24 loss on Friday night, Stuart claims head office holds him to a different standard to other coaches.

Speaking on ABC radio on Saturday, Stuart said he was unable to answer when asked whether there was a bias against his club.

“If I said there was a bias against the Raiders, they would be onto me a lot quicker than they are at the moment,” Stuart said.

“They would be onto me and fine me.

“Yet there was another coach in the game who said there was a bias against his club and nothing was done. We get treated differently here.

“I’ve been to a number of other clubs, this club gets treated differently to other clubs I have been involved in and other clubs I know have got a higher profile and who they need in their competition.”

Stuart is the NRL’s most fined coach, copping $120,000 in sanctions since his rookie year of 2002. However, he hasn’t received a breach notice since 2015.

He was possibly referring to comments by Newcastle coach Nathan Brown last year that escaped sanction despite the claim his team wasn’t getting favourable calls as underdogs.

Stuart’s comments come after a month of tension between the club and NRL.

The Raiders were furious earlier this month when the league integrity unit increased a club-sanctioned six-game suspension for Jack Wighton to 10 matches after he pleaded guilty to assault charges.

At the time, the Raiders questioned why the club had the power to announce its own sanction if it still had the potential to be overruled.

Stuart’s post-game comments on Friday went well beyond the Sharks’ controversial try, claiming fans had turned away from the game following the referees’ rules crackdown this year.

Stuart was also upset about a late forward pass call that denied the Raiders a try as they attempted to mount a late comeback following the contentious Cronulla four-pointer.

NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton admitted on Saturday the forward pass call was wrong.

It’s understood Stuart’s comments are unlikely to be looked at by the NRL as a breach against the game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ricky has gone beyond full genius

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/7286c856bd3ee254017377cc2eb1b9d4

Adamant the season-long controversy surrounding the video bunker and match officials has turned fans away, Stuart said “enough is enough” amid fears the code is at risk of being overtaken by AFL and soccer.

“I’ve spoken to Todd Greenberg (NRL CEO) for three to four years about doing this,’’ Stuart said.

“We won’t have a NRL in 15 years time because of what the AFL and soccer doing, if we don’t do something about it today.'

lol

Vee

First Grade
He wouldn't. It's similar to an inadvertent whistle. Play has been unnatturally affected and therefore cannot continue.

The NRL have said that play should have been stopped. The rule book says that the play should have been stopped.

With all due respect, you can disagree all you like but you're wrong, and anyone who shares your viewpoint is wrong.
Quote the rule please.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They got screwed out of their last game but ultimately, it's just another failure of a year for a squad on paper that should be a lot better than it is. Ricky needs the pasture.

Generalzod

Immortal
Ok, this is getting stupider.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...ologises-for-canberra-raiders-howler/10021536

Sutton is now saying that the real problem is that none of the officials saw the touch judge raise his flag. You have it right there from the NRL that play should have been stopped when the flag was raised but NOBODY SAW IT - including the video referee!
How could the NRL come out to say that nobody saw it? This goes deeper in to the fabric of our society, who made the flag was the chinese involved , was there only one touch judge involved if so was he\she operating a secret flag waving black ops group under the NRL, the flag waved back and to the
left which leads me to my conclusion that there was conspiracy that day and thaf the Bunker was involved.

Last edited: