What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty re-signs until end of 2019

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yep i agree. But if his manager is smart he'll wait. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him approach 800k and above, keeping in mind the cap goes up in 2020
I think it is about time for the Dufty or Dugan poll. I said that I would give Dufty a full season in first grade before doing the poll. I think he made his debut in round 20 last year, so it is exactly full season in first grade for Dufty.

He is proving to be a match winner.

Belta

Juniors
Dugans strength is Duftys weakness. The reverse applies. Attack v defence. In my opinion the effectiveness of Dufty’s attack outweighs his defence deficiency.

I agree with you Frank with your reference to Dufty as a match winner. Dufty yesterday was once again a “match winner”. In more recent times Dugan was increasingly less of a match winner. For this reason Dufty gets my vote.

Dugans strength is Duftys weakness. The reverse applies. Attack v defence. In my opinion the effectiveness of Dufty’s attack outweighs his defence deficiency.

I agree with you Frank with your reference to Dufty as a match winner. Dufty yesterday was once again a “match winner”. In more recent times Dugan was increasingly less of a match winner. For this reason Dufty gets my vote.
You can fix defence.
You can't teach speed.

I think his defence will get better, the frightening thing is I think his attack will too.

4 year deal in the off season please, just to stave off the inevitable approach from the Roosters.

getsmarty

Immortal

I think it is about time for the Dufty or Dugan poll. I said that I would give Dufty a full season in first grade before doing the poll. I think he made his debut in round 20 last year, so it is exactly full season in first grade for Dufty.

He is proving to be a match winner.

Hard to compare the two...Dufty has 1 & 1/2 years of first grade after this year and Dugan has played 10 years...

What I agree with is Dufty needs to improve his defense which is Dugan's Strength but Dufty will win you more games than Dugan, based on what we have seen so far compared to Dugan's 4 years @ the Red V.

P.S Add to that Dugan is on around 750 K and is out injured for half the season...Big dollars for a player not playing the majority of games.

Last edited:

The Damo

Juniors
You can fix defence.
You can't teach speed.

I think his defence will get better, the frightening thing is I think his attack will too.

4 year deal in the off season please, just to stave off the inevitable approach from the Roosters.
Last night near the end of the game Asiata went through the line, and Dufty committed to tackling him so he passed under pressure and the play broke down. So he’s showing signs he’s learned that lesson already.