What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Favourite TV Commentator (New Poll)

Least favourite TV Commentator

• Warne

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Slater

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Healy

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Nicholas

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Lawry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • KP

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Tubby Taylor

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Border

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Clarke

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mike Haysman. Surely in a country of 55 million they can find someone better than this mediocre former aussie git.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
All is forgiven to any commentator I've ever mentioned.

Pommie Mbangwe is dreadful, absolutely the worst.

Teamed with Dirk Nannes and its a nightmare

Bazal

Post Whore
I've been recording the IPL on IQ for something to watch before/after my shifts at work, and it's been entertaining enough...but my god, the commentary team is awful.

The likes of Danny Morrison, KP, Simon Doull, Sunny Gavaskar, Michael Slater and Pommie Mbangwa in the same box. Channel Nine looks like absolute heaven in comparison, and mute is considered status quo

Timbo

Staff member
That pizza poll front Warnie really was the beginning of the end.

I know literally no one who enjoys his commentary - why are networks falling over themselves to sign him up?

vvvrulz

Coach

I know literally no one who enjoys his commentary - why are networks falling over themselves to sign him up?

Well, Warne *can* commentate when he pushes his own BS out of the equation. When handling neutral opponents, no agendas, none of his matey mates with him, he actually adds a lot of proper articulate insight. He's shows he's capable of a lot better.

It's just a shame this almost never happens.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I see Brayshaw is also being talked about as a possible cricket commentator for Ch 7.
When will these networks learn.
We just got rid of him. Leave him in Victorianville to commentate on the AFL.

Das Gupta

Juniors

If you get Warne in there he will bring his buddies along. "How about a job for my mate Clarkie, and while you are at it Slats, Tubby and Heals'.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Cricket's golden boy snubbed as new broadcasters Fox Sports and Channel 7 sign 24 commentators but have no place for the former skipper

The former captain of the Australian cricket team, Michael Clarke, has been snubbed for a spot in the commentary box as new broadcasters Fox Sports and Channel 7 announce a fresh lineup.

A combined total of 24 recruits have been picked to man the microphone for the upcoming Australian summer of cricket - the first in more than 40 years that won't be broadcast by Channel Nine.

Ex-captain and commentator Clarke, however, didn't make the final cut.

Clarke became a full-time commentator for Nine's Wide World of Sports cricket coverage in November 2016, covering all international matches alongside fellow former cricketers Mark Nicholas, Mark Taylor and Ian Healy.

Nicholas, Taylor and Healy all similarly missed out on a spot in the lineup.

Notable members of the recently announced commentary team include Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath and Mel McLaughlin - all of whom were signed by Channel Seven - plus Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Allan Border - signed by Fox Sports.
a man wearing a suit and tie: Notable members of the recently-announced commentary team include Ricky Ponting (pictured), Glenn McGrath and Mel McLaughlin - all of whom were signed by Channel Seven:copyright: Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Notable members of the recently-announced commentary team include Ricky Ponting…

However, Clarke, who retired from all forms of cricket in August 2015, seemed somewhat nonplussed about the fact that he was bumped from the roster, the Brisbane Times reports.

'I'm still on contract with Nine,' he said. 'And I still have some other business that I am sinking my teeth into that allows me to be home with my girls.

Shane Warne smiling for the camera: The likes of Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Allan Border were signed by Fox Sports:copyright: Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited The likes of Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Allan Border were signed by Fox Sports 'I'm very happy with where things are at.'

Clarke's contract with Nine runs out at the end of August this year.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cri...kipper/ar-BBL9SgH?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe he is secretly training to prepare to captain Australia this summer v India when he gets the call up?

T-Boon

Coach
Clarke's ousting will make cricket watchable again. I wonder if Warne has any of his groupies around. Are any of those guys Warne groupies?

I am surprised not to see Mark Waugh's name on either 7 or fox.

Latest posts