What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

You know, if there's one thing going our way, it's that Sharks, Panthers, Broncos and Warriors have matched a form slump along with us over the last month.

Might be what saves us
Yeah but that won’t help us we don’t have halves that can run a team our halves just want to dummy and run we were winning playing as a team now they’ve gone back to this one out shit we can’t beat teams playing as teams playing one out it’s simple but so far the 6 million dollar man is a 6 million dollar lemon

The other clubs may have a form slump ..... but we have McGregor.
No other club has that disadvantage.

I’m all about a level playing field.
Your right there I’m not a McGregor fan .... BUT what I’ve seen so far since the finish of origin they’ve gone from enjoying the game and playing as a team to the old way of playing one out we can’t beat TEAMS playing one out and to do that we need our 6 million dollar man to stop playing the hero game and run the team like he’s suppose to

Correct.

The best hookers have a half pedigree. Smith, Hunt and Cook being prime examples.

They can even play a first receiver role if needed. Smith slots in there all the time. And having that half background means they can initiate attacking plays from dummy half.

I’m betting the best hookers going forward will be converted halfbacks, the same way that Johns and Toovey were.
Sorry can’t agree about hunt he’s gone from early rounds of organising our plays to glory boy I can win the games for us by myself makes him. 6 million dollar lemon when the pressures on he can’t handle it

its the coach, I reckon if McInnes was playing for Souths, he would be running the ball and slicing them up as well. However, you can see Cooks beach sprint running background, runs so much faster than he looks. Very smart footballer, great coach, great combination.

Funny to see Cam Smith walk off with still 10 /15 minutes to go last night, injured or just sooking?
McInnes doesn’t worry me though would like to him run more but what about our halves actually remembering it’s there job to organise our attack neither of them seem to want to do that job anymore and it shows

Brutalitops

Juniors
Sorry can’t agree about hunt he’s gone from early rounds of organising our plays to glory boy I can win the games for us by myself makes him. 6 million dollar lemon when the pressures on he can’t handle it
It's good that you've decided a 6 year investment is a waste based on around 5 games worth of form (where he's still easily far from our worst), all the while ignoring the 12 weeks of being a form half of the NRL all while having Mcdickhead as a coach

Old Timer

Coach
Watching Penrith & Souths running the ball out from their own line is a joy to behold.
They run into brick walls until they put a dent in them and then they keep aiming at the week spots.
They run with ferocity and when they bust the line they invariably get quick play the balls and then their teams just have support all over the place.
Other top teams are also great to watch as they poor through defensive holes with plenty of options and support players.
In fact other teams down the ladder do it better than what we do.
We run hard at the line for a few plays and then we lope along as if the opposition will just get out of our way or our forwards double around and look back towards our own line looking for a support player.
The sad part is other than Dufty and to a lesser degree Widdop there is no one in our side that can support Frizz when he makes a break because the entire team is way too slow as evidenced yesterday.
By the 3/4 mark of the season our fearsome forwards have become pop gun and our backs even more pedestrian than they were at the start of the season.
Maybe we spend way too much time in the gym doing weights etc and we have become muscle bound oafs.

It's good that you've decided a 6 year investment is a waste based on around 5 games worth of form (where he's still easily far from our worst), all the while ignoring the 12 weeks of being a form half of the NRL all while having Mcdickhead as a coach
Nope haven’t forgotten that at all but he seems to have is what I was saying not only him Widdop has gone into a slump to now is the time leading up to semis he needs to put his stamp back on the game both he and Widdop as for McGregor I’ve never been able to find something nice to say about him

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dugan has been selected on the wing for Cronulla this week. That would make him the highest paid winger in the comp. Dugan told us that he was an elite player and that he wanted elite fullback money. Well he certainly go elite winger money. Not resigning Dugan was a masterstroke.