What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
No no no no no

Against the roosters they should. Why the hell not? They’ve done it before. Much better contrast then navy/white vs white/navy. Doesn’t have to be all the time. But definitely against the roosters.

NRL+Rd+4+Broncos+v+Cowboys+emNwz7YDYNJl.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dragons vs Warriors:
You wear the away kit. No YOU wear the away kit. Okay, let’s both wear the away kit
Illawarra Old Boys day, Dragons wear the red kit in Wollongong at least once a year. Dragons chose that, and Warriors would've been instructed to wear white as a result.

kdalymc

Bench
Against the roosters they should. Why the hell not? They’ve done it before. Much better contrast then navy/white vs white/navy. Doesn’t have to be all the time. But definitely against the roosters.

NRL+Rd+4+Broncos+v+Cowboys+emNwz7YDYNJl.jpg
Nah that looks f**ked.
But that is a little better as that was grey. Not white.
White on white should never be allowed. Except dragons obviously

GAZF

First Grade
Nah that looks f**ked.
But that is a little better as that was grey. Not white.
White on white should never be allowed. Except dragons obviously
Saying white on white can't be used at all is as irrational as saying it must be used for all away uniforms. It should be on a case by case basis for teams, first taking into practicality into consideration (contrast) and then working to make it look good.

kdalymc

Bench
Saying white on white can't be used at all is as irrational as saying it must be used for all away uniforms. It should be on a case by case basis for teams, first taking into practicality into consideration (contrast) and then working to make it look good.
Yeah, at the moment the only team that should use it (and funny it’s actually their home jersey...) is the dragons.
I think any team that has done a full white top to bottom just looks ridiculous and it has NEVER been needed. In the future yes case by cases, but so far any examples have been disgusting

Tiger5150

Bench
That NQld light grey just looks like they are white but someone put a new pair of blue socks in the wash with them.

GAZF

First Grade
I think any team that has done a full white top to bottom just looks ridiculous and it has NEVER been needed. In the future yes case by cases, but so far any examples have been disgusting
I we've found a middle ground, all-white it not the best look. I reckon the Dragons c 2006 looked weird when they had plain white socks and England often looks out of balance. Canberra has also looked stupid when going all white around 10 years back. I think making it look good is doable but the jersey and socks both need a fair bit of another colour, thats why the Dragons look ok at the moment.

Saint Doc

Coach
But I’m not talking about NQLD using all white permanently as an away. Im saying they should have a set of white shorts, specifically to use once a year when they play the roosters.

With some of the fashion crimes committed by teams for one off games like Marvel, Indigenous etc, a once a year (max) all white jersey would be worth it for ease of viewing.

LineBall

Juniors
I know slightly off topic - but does anybody think the day will come when the NRL regulates shoe colours? For example, watching the dragons players who have red or white shoes - it looks great. Then somebody with fluorescent yellow/green/orange pops up - it looks amateurish. It almost looks as bad as when they let them wear their junior club's socks.

GAZF

First Grade
I know slightly off topic - but does anybody think the day will come when the NRL regulates shoe colours? For example, watching the dragons players who have red or white shoes - it looks great. Then somebody with fluorescent yellow/green/orange pops up - it looks amateurish. It almost looks as bad as when they let them wear their junior club's socks.
Don't think it will ever happen.

hellteam

First Grade

I wish they did... to me it's all part of the uniform. NFL does this.

I get players want to wear their particular brand of boots but they all should wear the same colour.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
It's at the point where it's the players who wear black boots who stand out the most.

While we're at it - pull your damn socks up.
Tyson Frizzel is the only one I can think of that wears black boots, don’t think there is many more

Status
Not open for further replies.