What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It's really a nothing report re:Nene

Firstly - he is considering, literally meaning someone has approached him outside of the players agreement. So, I call BS on that.
Secondly, he became homesick during his time at the Dragons. He's been here almost 2 years and suddenly he's homesick LOL. Plus a flight to Port Moresby is what an extra hour maybe two from Townsville.

Whilst a move is not out of the question one would have to consider it would be his 4th club in 6years

Gareth67

First Grade
Why would any player want to go from a top 4 team to go play for the team battling to not win the wooden spoon?
What ever happened to wanting to win games? Its all about the money. Ohh and missing mummy and daddy, boohoo didums.

Well it’s certainly not about the jersey any longer - some of these characters change clubs like I find my flaming red hair on the pillow each morning .

blacksafake

First Grade
I expect Nene to be released and Nighty to retire. We will have 2 new wingers in 2019.

Chances are one is Tupou. Has Jordan done enough in Nene's absence to lock in a starting spot?
Hey what a good idea, let’s release our only winger who can get across the line & while we’re at it let’s give our ageing slowest winger another year because we’re short of experience out wide

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Why would any player want to go from a top 4 team to go play for the team battling to not win the wooden spoon?
What ever happened to wanting to win games? Its all about the money. Ohh and missing mummy and daddy, boohoo didums.

Crush
I know were your coming from but there is more to it and its personal.
But the deal is not complete yet.
And he has had a hard life when younger.
So I support him either way.
He's a good kid.
But sometimes you have to do what you have to do .
When it comes to family

dragonssamy61

First Grade
It's really a nothing report re:Nene

Firstly - he is considering, literally meaning someone has approached him outside of the players agreement. So, I call BS on that.
Secondly, he became homesick during his time at the Dragons. He's been here almost 2 years and suddenly he's homesick LOL. Plus a flight to Port Moresby is what an extra hour maybe two from Townsville.

Whilst a move is not out of the question one would have to consider it would be his 4th club in 6years

Most of his family up north.
But as you say nothing set in gold yet

Ok, so I’m not a huge fan of Sele, have said before I think he’s too small for the role McMuppet played him in, so good luck to him at the Sharks.
Also yeah, Host, Leilua and Lawrie look better prospects.

So, if that’s the case, what was Sele doing in first grade in front of those three players half the year?

Club should have extended Sele for another season and given him time to bulk up and mature.

We can’t keep them all, but can’t help feeling he along with Host and Lawrie weren’t given a proper opportunity to become FG Players.

Instead we play the likes of Latimore.

Prefer to have lost a few more games and blooded at least 2 more young forwards than play Latimore and a back from the bench.

Club should have extended Sele for another season and given him time to bulk up and mature.

We can’t keep them all, but can’t help feeling he along with Host and Lawrie weren’t given a proper opportunity to become FG Players.

Prefer to have lost a few more games and blooded at least 2 more young forwards than play Latimore and a back from the bench.
We lose either Host, Lawrie or Lomax we will regret it.....and someone gets to punch Mary in the face for not giving them a fair go.

Como Connection

First Grade

Latimore did do his job and he's a funny guy also it appears.
CC

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Raiders have just re-signed Lui and recently Havili. Whilst these ayers aren't in the top echelon of players the point is that they ars playing 1st grade after being rejects from the Dragons. You could throw Cook into that group as well as even Bird.
Our junior stars are looking now at being blocked by long term deals to average players like Aitken and Lafai for example and even stretching to Nighty.
Sele looks likely to depart as does Herbert.

Where do our juniors get their opportunity? Well they just need to look at the examples of Lui and Havili to see that the grass is in fact greener on the other side.

Unless someone replaces McGregor promptly we ars going to see the same ol, same ol going around week after week for many years to come, whilst our former stars are killing it and our coach wonders why.

Latest posts