What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater retires

Timbo

Staff member
Great footballer, but I hate the butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, all round nice-guy persona the media has created for him.

Leads with his spikes and knees more than any other player I've ever seen. Great player, but a dirty one.

Lambretta

First Grade
I remember his first season at the Storm - in fact, I saw his first game against the Sharks

My daughter had just been born and I used to spend a lot of time at home watching Super Saturday
I think I watched every game that season featuring the Storm, Panthers, Sharks, Warriors & Raiders (funny how they're always on Fox) as I walked round our house trying to get her to settle down and go to sleep.

I remember thinking to myself "geez, this kid is going to be bloody brilliant" during his second game (first at fullback) against the Panthers in Round 2. He just went past people, seemingly effortlessly.

He has been a great player and he deserves all the accolades he gets (well, apart from Origin Man of the series, obviously)

Springs09

Juniors
Great player, but a god damn annoying one. Deserves most of the accolades he gets, and was great seeing someone called too small dominate the way he did. But one of the biggest whingers & divers seen in the NRL. Hated the way he played the game.

Worst part about hearing his retirement is realising the media circle jerk that will go on about him over the next 2 months.

Surprisingly they haven't been as bad about Thurston, the media don't seem to realise yet that he only has 4 games left.

Barkley

Bench
Billy+Slater+David+Klemmer+Melbourne+Storm+Rd32Iq_4aV2l.jpg

0db8d3dd169527255e5bb37e81976194

STORM.99/07

Bench
As a Storm supporter I have been very lucky to watch him play. Will miss the excitement that Billy brings to our games. He has been great for Storm supporters as he doesn`t mind giving his time to us. I think any supporter would love to have him in their team.
THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES BILLY ..OUR CHAMPION.

Latest posts