What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek to return to the small screen.

bileduct

Coach
Ha, it's definitely an issue though. Jump over to Reddit and have a read at some of the hate the show is getting because Burnham is played by a woman of colour and the 'lead' white guy turned out to be a villain.
No doubt there are people saying shit like that. But there's also a lot of people that, like I described, are legitimate Trek nerds who have grievances with how the show fits in with everything else.

This chick was writing off all Star Trek series as being about "straight white men" and that they were all misogynistic, and when I pointed out that she hadn't actually seen any of them she said she didn't have to in order to know that they were.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Production underway for season two - looks like the Enterprise will have a bit of a role, Anson Mount has been cast as Christopher Pike.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/09/star-trek-discovery-has-its-christopher-pike/

Creates an interesting timeline problem - it's firmly established that Spock is on the Enterprise at this time. Sarek and Burnham are on the Discovery. Surely they can't re-cast Spock (again).

Also, check the uniforms in this teaser trailer:

https://www.inverse.com/article/44206-star-trek-discovery-season-2-enterprise-uniforms

Timbo

Staff member
I like the way Pike is being characterised. He's a big enough character in the canon to make it interesting, but also small enough that it doesn't create any timeline problems.

The new Jean-Luc Picard series is exciting. I wonder how they'll do it - Admiral Picard twenty five years on? Still Captain Picard of the Enterprise-E? Retired Ambassador Picard? Potential for it to be very cool either way.

Timbo

Staff member
You shut your whore mouth!

Please.

Kirk and Picard had state of the art starships and the best crews in the fleet. Sisko was working under extreme pressure all the time.

tumblr_p0dlahxfgF1vrilgmo8_400.gif

You know it makes sense.

Last Week

Bench
Please.

Kirk and Picard had state of the art starships and the best crews in the fleet. Sisko was working under extreme pressure all the time.

tumblr_p0dlahxfgF1vrilgmo8_400.gif

You know it makes sense.

I love Sisko, and I rate him above Kirk. But come on. He started a war with the Dominion and was only saved by the profits blocking the wormhole.

Timbo

Staff member
How did he start the war? He found the wormhole sure, but the Dominion was already coming.

It was really Dukat's fault for letting them get the foot in the door to the Alpha Quadrant.

Now, if you'd argued that the problem with Sisko is that he manufactured WMD's on the fly and used them against the Maquis without authorisation.... then I may agree with you. :oops::oops::oops:

Latest posts