What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

Warabrook saint

Juniors
If Bennett never left this club we would have been a super club now....even Johnny Raper said sell the farm....keep this bloke. With his contacts and standing in the game we would have more tpas and got just about any players we were after
But no Douchy the cunning shithoue rat knew if the club got really successful more smarter people would get involved and that would have exposed the crusty old turds and they would have been out of their gravy train jobs

Dragonheads

Juniors
Sorry guys didn’t mean to offend anyone.

I’m born and bred Queenslander and have always been a dragon fanatic.

That in itself make live difficult up here when the Dragons start to fade.

Mary’s situation simple no top four “GONE”

Gm5

Juniors
So you don’t realise Wayne took them to one game of the GF?
And you haven’t read what Tinkler did to the club?

Bennett had to manage mad man Tinkler and he still got them to the prelim final.
It was a miracle result.

He wasn’t told to build the future, he was told to get them to the finals.
He did.

Google it more.

and look where they are now ffs? I'd rather we didn't go one game from the GF then get the spoon for four years

Reactions: jak

BennyV

Referee
It’s what Seibold wants (remember, he’s a Queendser), and Brisbane have made it clear there’s no room for Bennett.
Signing Bennett fits nowhere in Souths history of coaching appointments. I cant see that happening. It’s more likely they’d go for a Demetriou, O’Brien or Holbrook.

But I can’t see that Souths be so quick to allow Seibold to move on.

ouryears

Bench
and look where they are now ffs? I'd rather we didn't go one game from the GF then get the spoon for four years
The point is he never took them to the spoon.
Other losers have.

And it is Tinkler.....what don’t you understand,

Save your wrath for tinkler

Saintsified

Bench
Bennett did last time he wanted to build an era at the Dragons , maybe if he came back this time he will actually mean it.

Gm5

Juniors
The point is he never took them to the spoon.
Other losers have.

And it is Tinkler.....what don’t you understand,

Save your wrath for tinkler

he Jumped a sinking ship, the other "losers" inherited a shit position

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Signing Bennett fits nowhere in Souths history of coaching appointments. I cant see that happening. It’s more likely they’d go for a Demetriou, O’Brien or Holbrook.

Fair enough, but I was reiterating what Paul Kent said on NRL 360 the other day.

He appeared fairly confident.

And as we’re seeing with the Ivan Cleary-Panthers-Wests Tigers merry go round, sometimes the only thing which matters is what the individual wants.

Incidentally, do you believe Bennett will return (irrespective if you want him to or otherwise)?

BennyV

Referee
Fair enough, but I was reiterating what Paul Kent said on NRL 360 the other day.

And as we’re seeing with the Ivan Cleary-Panthers-Wests Tigers merry go round, sometimes the only thing which matters is what the individual wants.

Incidentally, do you believe Bennett will return (irrespective if you want him to or otherwise)?
Was thinking more about where Souths are coming from. Their latest and most successful appointments have been Bellamy graduates with no NRL experience and loads of potential, and they invested in their success. Bennett would be an odd move.

I think if it was the best option, he would go wherever, including us or Souths. I also think that our inward-looking board would consider him the only real candidate (he’s effectively an old boy now!).

Warabrook saint

Juniors

Didn't Crowe try to sign Bennett the same time Tinkler got him to newcastle?

Frank Facer

First Grade

When Bennett signed with Newcastle, Souths were the other club who came closest to getting his signature.

Latest posts