What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Nightingale Retires

Bazal

Post Whore
There was no greater sight in rugby league than watching Jason do the haka.
50pczn.jpg

Great winger, great man, great kiwi. He also would have given Slater a damn good hiding if his arms weren't being held. Speaking of Slater:

Nightingale will also retire as a member of one of rugby league's most exclusive clubs, players to have featured in 250 NRL matches, more than 30 internationals, scored 100 tries and won a premiership.

The others are Billy Slater, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...retire-from-rugby-league-at-end-of-nrl-season

Lebbo73

Bench
Dragons veteran Nightingale to retire
Adam Pengilly9 August 2018 — 6:49am
The last remaining member of St George Illawarra's drought-breaking premiership side still at the club, Jason Nightingale, has announced his retirement.

New Zealand international Nightingale, 31, has confirmed he will hang up the boots at the end of the season. He will front a press conference alongside Dragons coach Paul McGregor on Thursday morning.

Last stand: Jason Nightingale.

Photo: AAP
The one-club winger, who has played 265 NRL games, is the last remnant to the joint venture's title-winning side from 2010, which was crafted by Wayne Bennett.

"The 2010 grand final win was the highlight for me and my family," Nightingale said in a statement. "There are so many fond memories from that day and the season as a whole. Although now is [a] great time to reflect, there are still plenty of memories to be made this season yet.

"However I'm also look forward to more family time with my second child on the way. My wife Bianka has sacrificed a lot for my career. She's been selfless by supporting me throughout my career, while also building one of her own.

"I am extremely grateful for everything that the Dragons and the game has done for myself, and what I've been able to achieve."

The 33-Test veteran would have easily eclipsed Dragons assistant coach Ben Hornby (273) as the most capped St George Illawarra player of all time if he had chosen to extend his career into a 13th NRL season.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-veteran-nightingale-to-retire-20180808-p4zwcf.html
His wife has sacrificed a lot for his career. So she should when he’s bringing in 100’s of thousands of dollars every year, Man up and keep playing. He has two more years in him at least equating to how much more money? You’re a long time retired ffs!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ya think?

Lewis, Thurston, Slater, Hoffman, Heighington alone are 300+ gamers and your best guess is "over 1000"?
Mannering should be over 300 when he hangs up the boots too. Will be near 2000 just from those 6.