What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Ted bartolo

Juniors
It doesn't help that every team brings their very best when they play us. Look at the Warriors in the first round after they beat us they got flogged by the storm
Telegraph
And he's just as sharp.

Straight Shooter
Dean Ritchie in the telegraph said there was a loose link forge yesterday between Penrith and McGregor to coach.Wouldn't that be awesome if it happened.

Telegraph

Dean Ritchie in the telegraph said there was a loose link forge yesterday between Penrith and McGregor to coach.Wouldn't that be awesome if it happened.
Brilliant, what you want at a club with huge junior talent and players is Paul McGregor, he has an impeccable record of bringing young talented players through the system.

On the bright side we could start raiding the Panthers juniors when Mary won’t give them a game in first grade.

SEAT 1A

Bench
2015 We lost 11 of our last 14 games under Paul McGregor (21% winning rate)
2016 We lost 7 of our last 9 games under Paul McGregor (22% winning rate)
2017 We lost 8 of our last 12 games under Paul McGregor (33% winning rate)
2018 We have lost 4 of our last 5 games under Paul McGregor and the writing is on the wall.

The stats are damning! This is the mighty and famous Dragons club being brought into disrepute.

The thing I truly can't rap by head around those stats is how there has been no change and what does the club stand for.

The game is so micro managed. Why can't you identify in those games XYZ is happening thus put ABC solutions in place to address the problems.

If I was a coach I'd want to address why its happening even if it is only to keep my job and if it cost about twenty mil to run a club, why does our management accept it.

Gareth67

First Grade
URL LINK: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/08...ng-for-top-two-spot-after-central-coast-camp/
4D102340-CE51-4AF3-8B5B-8617CACB82D9.jpeg BF085224-1C33-4727-9DD2-0A6A8505CE5B.jpeg

Mary believes that a top 2 spot is still attainable, even after the disappointing performances of late - they will be if a Mr. Doust gets on the phone :telephone: and offers Anthony Griffith a coaching role for the remainder of the season .

Confidence is sky high after the few days at Terrigal , even Euen Atkins believes that the Dragons JUST need to improve upon the minor aspects of their game - like learning how to bluudy tackle .

Last edited by a moderator:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Brilliant, what you want at a club with huge junior talent and players is Paul McGregor, he has an impeccable record of bringing young talented players through the system.

On the bright side we could start raiding the Panthers juniors when Mary won’t give them a game in first grade.

Conversely, Griffin has an excellent record for bringing young players through to NRL both at Brisbane and Penrith. Why doesn't SGI just ring Gus, who inexplicably seems to like Mary as a coach, and organise a straight swap.

ouryears

Bench
View attachment 22190 View attachment 22189

Mary believes that a top 2 spot is still attainable, even after the disappointing performances of late - they will be if a Mr. Doust gets on the phone :telephone: and offers Anthony Griffith a coaching role for the remainder of the season .

Confidence is sky high after the few days at Terrigal , even Euen Atkins believes that the Dragons JUST need to improve upon the minor aspects of their game - like learning how to bluudy tackle .
Actions speak.
Words mean F... all

They have had 2 months to turn it around.

Ain't going to happen.
Everything is easy till the opposition run on the field.

On a lil ole holiday and feeling good?

My Nan is 93 and a break away even brightens her up.

Better to face reality, it will save you the pain this week and next and the next.

Gareth67

First Grade
Actions speak.
Words mean F... all

They have had 2 months to turn it around.

Ain't going to happen.
Everything is easy till the opposition run on the field.

On a lil ole holiday and feeling good?

My Nan is 93 and a break away even brightens her up.

Better to face reality, it will save you the pain this week and next and the next.

Yes we are all aware of that ouryears , but still we cling to the slightest ray of hope , perhaps in the misguided sense of being real Dragon supporters ?

By the way is nice to know that your Grandmother has reached the golden age of 93 , my mother shall turn 90 this October , shall have to take her out somewhere special.

jak

Bench
View attachment 22190 View attachment 22189

that's great all problems solved.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes we are all aware of that ouryears , but still we cling to the slightest ray of hope , perhaps in the misguided sense of being real Dragon supporters ?

By the way is nice to know that your Grandmother has reached the golden age of 93 , my mother shall turn 90 this October , shall have to take her out somewhere special.

Yeah my mum's 92 in Grand Final week & always lives in hope.
Been a Dragon all her life, so has been able to have dual celebrations 16 times.
She's very proud of our 17 Minor Premierships ( our first when she was 2) & 19 Club Championships.
Used to come to all our junior games with Penshurst RSL - barracking on the sidelines, umbrella in hand.
She'd be banned now, as she was very vocal in her criticism of the refs lol - although not in the same class as grubs like Fifita.
And yeah Nighty, thanks for the memories - especially the 2 tries that sank the Rorters in 2010. What a magical day!
Renown United were always great competition, and you're now part custodian of a proud tradition you share with players like Gasnier, Smith, Strudwick & Greaves!
You must lament the coaching chasm between the master of 2010 & the apprentice of 2018.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Been a Dragon all her life, so has been able to have dual celebrations 16 times.
She's very proud of our 17 Minor Premierships ( our first when she was 2) & 19 Club Championships.
Used to come to all our junior games with Penshurst RSL - barracking on the sidelines, umbrella in hand.
She'd be banned now, as she was very vocal in her criticism of the refs lol.
God love her mate . She would have seen the great times of this once great club . And seen the hard last few years . Just for mums sake I hope a miracle happens and she can see another Premiership this year ....

Gareth67

First Grade
She'd be banned now, as she was very vocal in her criticism of the refs lol.

Lovely to hear LINESPEED , they certainly made them tough in those days and they also took pleasure in the simple things in life . My mum is still as sharp as a tack and recalls things that I did in years past that I thought she had completely forgotten about . Unfortunately she is now quite feeble in body , but her heart is just as big , still she will have many more good years ahead of her . Hopefully there shall be another premiership sometime in the near future to keep the smile on both of their faces .

She'd be banned now, as she was very vocal in her criticism of the refs lol - although not in the same class as grubs like Fifita.
And yeah Nighty, thanks for the memories - especially the 2 tries that sank the Rorters in 2010. What a magical day!
Renown United were always great competition, and you're now part custodian of a proud tradition you share with players like Gasnier, Smith, Strudwick & Greaves!
You must lament the coaching chasm between the master of 2010 & the apprentice of 2018.
Mums are very special...