What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Most of those teams - besides the Titans - were there in 1995, and it wasn't an issue then.. and the Sharks don't *really* factor into it, because the Sharks blue is considerably lighter than the Warriors.

As it is, the Warriors, Tigers & Panthers all wear black as home jerseys - and Roosters & Cowboys wear navy, which is close enough to black as far as contrast goes.

The positive of the Warriors moving away from Red, Black & white is that it opens up space in the NRL palette for some other team to claim the classic sporting combo of red & black as their colours (either with or without white).

My pick is..
* Warriors will go to a variation of the 1995 strip (preferably something like the heritage jersey above, with a balance of red & green in the V)
* Red & black is used by either the 2nd Brisbane team (Brisbane Dolphins? It's one way for Redcliffe to join and not annoy the Dragons), or a revived Bears team.
* Perth is added as an expansion team using some variation of red & gold/yellow..
It probably wasn't a problem then because there were 20 teams (four more than right now).

flippikat

Bench
I like your thinking but suggesting there is a master plan for an NRL colour palate is the stuff dreams are made of.

The NRL will likely allow a second Brisbane team to be dark red, light orange and white, and the Perth team to be something unique like blue, yellow and white

I doubt there's a master plan as such - but if I was in charge of an expansion bid, I'd be sure to choose a set of club colours that are distinct to everything else going around in the NRL right now.

That's the really dismal thing about the Titans branding. They had that in the orange & teal 'Gold Coast Dolphins' logo & jersey that they used for their bid, only to back out of the colours AND nickname when Redcliffe threatened them.. going instead to some crazy hybrid of Sharks & Eels colours, which doesn't cut them a distinctive place in the palette.

cooko

Juniors
Roosters have signed a new shorts sponsor for the rest of the year. Looks like they will keep setting the bar for sponsor integration.9212B67E-3A0B-442F-B83A-92B0D0CB06EA.jpeg

thorson1987

Coach
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...h/news-story/079609d73447bea0056b2f9a06ff64f5

0a34a3d2634bcc88ee8272fbb20267b0

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Well it's almost identical to the Cowboys' one so... makes sense
Yeah, they would have been a terrible clash. But it’s still really geniused to wear it the week after. If you are the away team during WiL round, too bad, your WiL jersey can’t clash with the home.

Lambretta

First Grade
Adding onto the previous discussions over colours - with the Warriors & Tigers already using predominantly black designs, I would like to see clubs looking to have more unique colour combinations

The Panthers should have gone with the Black and Bronze / Gold combination for home games and use the white and brown as their change strip. The black and gold looked classy and the Gold colour used was unique. The brown and white is a classic and also unique

The Warriors should stick with the black, red and white. Black is definite NZ colour and they have had some amazing jersey designs over the past few years

The Tigers should look to use the Balmain Gold a little more - it's unique and differentiates them from the others in black.

The Titans basically chose the same colours as Parramatta which was a mistake from the get go
I know they want to be associated with the beach and the sky, but they've never really managed to establish an identity and keep ballsing up every jersey they've had with ugly sponsorship and tacky cartoon designs. I was rather hoping they would merge with the Bears and adopt red and black hoops but that's never going to happen.

Saint Doc

Coach
I like the Broncos WNRL jersey.
It’s a bit boring, but hey boring is almost one of the best compliments you can give a jersey with all the terrible over complicated designs we’ve been subjected to.

My main issue though is that it doesn’t look like a broncos jersey.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Most of those teams - besides the Titans - were there in 1995, and it wasn't an issue then.. and the Sharks don't *really* factor into it, because the Sharks blue is considerably lighter than the Warriors.

As it is, the Warriors, Tigers & Panthers all wear black as home jerseys - and Roosters & Cowboys wear navy, which is close enough to black as far as contrast goes.

The positive of the Warriors moving away from Red, Black & white is that it opens up space in the NRL palette for some other team to claim the classic sporting combo of red & black as their colours (either with or without white).

My pick is..
* Warriors will go to a variation of the 1995 strip (preferably something like the heritage jersey above, with a balance of red & green in the V)
* Red & black is used by either the 2nd Brisbane team (Brisbane Dolphins? It's one way for Redcliffe to join and not annoy the Dragons), or a revived Bears team.
* Perth is added as an expansion team using some variation of red & gold/yellow..

Potentially annoying a current team is NOT a reason to avoid a colour combo. If there is space for the new team to carve out an identity, present teams can f*ck off.

Bris2 should be Red and White (and Black as well if they want).

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I doubt there's a master plan as such - but if I was in charge of an expansion bid, I'd be sure to choose a set of club colours that are distinct to everything else going around in the NRL right now.

That's the really dismal thing about the Titans branding. They had that in the orange & teal 'Gold Coast Dolphins' logo & jersey that they used for their bid, only to back out of the colours AND nickname when Redcliffe threatened them.. going instead to some crazy hybrid of Sharks & Eels colours, which doesn't cut them a distinctive place in the palette.

What could have been... *single tear*

gold+coast+dolphins.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I like that the girls are getting their own designs.

Club colours and logos give us all the established brand recognition we need. Into the future though, if someone buys the womens jumper and wants to represent, it needs to be immediately obvious that it is from the womens comp.

I like the Broncos WNRL jersey.
It’s a bit boring, but hey boring is almost one of the best compliments you can give a jersey with all the terrible over complicated designs we’ve been subjected to.

My main issue though is that it doesn’t look like a broncos jersey.

I think the colours are enough to show which team it it.

But if they get something too close to an Broncos jumper, they will struggle to establish their own brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.