What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Agree defensively duges is miles a head.
I think that dufty will continue to impove.
He needs to read the defence must better.
But as you say dufty has a long way to go.

I agree Dudty will continue to improve with regards to Defence.
I have to add that if Duges was still around, he would be at right centre instead of Aitken, whom they NEVER should have re signed.
Anyone with half a football brain knows that Defence in this position is near impossible to teach or get better at, you just need to have it in your arsenal, and Dugan does.
What's Aitken on anyway? 350k??

Como Connection

First Grade
I agree Dudty will continue to improve with regards to Defence.
I have to add that if Duges was still around, he would be at right centre instead of Aitken, whom they NEVER should have re signed.
Anyone with half a football brain knows that Defence in this position is near impossible to teach or get better at, you just need to have it in your arsenal, and Dugan does.
What's Aitken on anyway? 350k??
Far too much what ever it is.
CC

getsmarty

Immortal
Vaughan eyeing early return as Dragons look to remain in top four hunt
Dragons Den
r0_0_3418_2279_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

PICTURE: Adam McLean

DRAGONS prop Paul Vaughan is adamant he can jump straight into the finals cauldron should an untimely ankle injury keep him out of action for the remainder of the regular season.

Vaughan admits he thought the worst when he felt a pop as he was twisted awkwardly in a tackle early in his side’s loss to the Warriors last Saturday. Scans allayed fears his season was over but the disagnosed syndesmosis injury is expected to keep him out for four weeks.

He may make a quicker return, but the 27-year-old said he won’t miss a beat if kept on ice until week one of post-season.

“That won’t be a problem, [with] the rehab crew we have here my fitness will be up to speed but I’m trying to get back before finals,” Vaughan said.

“People that are injured don’t just sit around and do nothing. When you’re injured you probably train harder than the boys on the field to try and get back which is the way it should be. You don’t take any shortcuts there.

“I was a little bit nervous about that at the time because I felt a massive pop and, if you saw the footage, it didn’t look that good.

“I knew I had some bloke around my legs and then I got bent over and my ankle got caught. I was thinking the worst there and I was in a lot of pain at the time.

“I’ll just be doing my rehab as best I can. I’m a pretty quick healer so I’ll be doing everything I can professionally to get back on the field.”

The injury comes at a frustrating time for Vaughan who, in contrast to his side, has found another gear post-Origin, proving one of the Dragons best the past three weeks.

“I’ve felt really good. Coming out of that camp being surrounded by all those world class players, I got a lot of experience out of that and tried to come back to footy and repay the boys by playing good footy,” he said.

“The first two weeks out of Origin I thought I was playing pretty strongly and I was really up for the Warriors game. I felt really good and felt I could’ve made a fair statement in that game and played well.

“That’s just footy, you get caught in awkward positions. You can’t play the game without thinking you’re going to get injured.”

The injury to his star prop couldn’t have come at a worse time for coach Paul McGregor as his side battles a form slump that’s seen them drop four of their last five games ahead of Saturday’s clash with Parramatta.

A loss would see the “choker” chants reach a crescendo but Vaughan is confident his side are still right in the premiership hunt.

“We’ve been on top all year, we’re still in the top four and people are still saying we’re choking and all that sort of stuff,” Vaughan said.

“Last year we got off to a great start and we missed out by a game which was frustrating, this season I don’t really understand [the criticism].

“We’re [in the] top four, we’ve been on top of the comp all year so I don’t think it’s panic stations or crisis mode.

“I don’t think the boys are too worried. With the games we have coming up we should really get back to playing our brand of football.

“We don’t want to make up the numbers in the finals, we want to be competitive and we want to be pushing towards the end of the season and the grand final. All the boys should be striving towards that.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...gons-look-to-remain-in-top-four-hunt/?cs=3713

WepnutV

Juniors
Unfortunately it's much easier to needle up a hip pointer injury than a syndesmosis one. Having said that, I fear JDB's injury should have been rested for a lot longer than it was.
Disagree, players play injured all the time, in every team.. In actual fact most players in the comp are playing with some sort of injury at this time of year, as for a hip pointer, as far as I know its an injury that is low risk.. He should not have any rest..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Disagree, players play injured all the time, in every team.. In actual fact most players in the comp are playing with some sort of injury at this time of year, as for a hip pointer, as far as I know its an injury that is low risk.. He should not have any rest..

The hip pointer is actually a bad one.
He hasn't had a needle for the last 3 weeks.
People see the padding and think its still bad.
Its more to protect any damage occurring again.
I personally think it's more a mental fatigue than physical.

aquiin

Juniors
I think Widdop is still dealing with his mouth injury. I don’t think he’s got his confidence back.

I’d like to see him take on the line early backrower in tow and see Hunt, McInnes, Dufty pushing through the middle to support.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
He hasn't had a needle for the last 3 weeks......
O
He hasn't had a needle for the last 3 weeks.

I agree with Sammy......... more mental than physical. Probably McNoidea confusing the whole squad with Marysynonyms. I'd wanna switch off listening too and dream of what it feels like holding the premiership trophy above my head, but he still won't pull the trigger on under performing so called NRL stars.

Idiots ..........Dragons board, expecting the same result without changing anything.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
as for a hip pointer, as far as I know its an injury that is low risk.. He should not have any rest..
you ever had one?

i copped one a couple of years back landing on a foot when scoring a try.

easily the most painful injury i've ever had (worse than ligament, muscular & bone injuries..)

so whilst recovery was quicker, the actual dealing with the issue at hand was far, far worse.

WepnutV

Juniors
Cant say I have... But when i say Low risk i mean unlikely to do further damage,not how much it hurts lol... Meaning safe to play.. Couple of injections and ya good to go.. What the F has pain got to do with it?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
you ever had one?

i copped one a couple of years back landing on a foot when scoring a try.

easily the most painful injury i've ever had (worse than ligament, muscular & bone injuries..)

so whilst recovery was quicker, the actual dealing with the issue at hand was far, far worse.

100%

Drag Queen

Bench
Cant say I have... But when i say Low risk i mean unlikely to do further damage,not how much it hurts lol... Meaning safe to play.. Couple of injections and ya good to go.. What the F has pain got to do with it?
Thanks for the medical advice Dr Dolittle.

getsmarty

Immortal
widdopg-injury_2nh_9763.jpg

DRAGONS

Gareth Widdop injury update
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 13 Aug 2018, 03:00 PM

St George Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop suffered a dislocated shoulder in the Dragons' loss to the Parramatta Eels over the weekend.

The initial scans of Widdop's shoulder have been positive and indicate non-operative management at this point in time.

Widdop's rate of progress through the early stages of rehab will dictate his trajectory to return to play.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/13/gareth-widdop-injury-update/

merahputih

Juniors
widdopg-injury_2nh_9763.jpg

DRAGONS

Gareth Widdop injury update
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 13 Aug 2018, 03:00 PM

St George Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop suffered a dislocated shoulder in the Dragons' loss to the Parramatta Eels over the weekend.

The initial scans of Widdop's shoulder have been positive and indicate non-operative management at this point in time.

Widdop's rate of progress through the early stages of rehab will dictate his trajectory to return to play.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/13/gareth-widdop-injury-update/
Glad it's non-operative. Does anyone know what the average recovery time for this type of injury is for a 1st grade NRL player?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Glad it's non-operative. Does anyone know what the average recovery time for this type of injury is for a 1st grade NRL player?

Never had the pleasure. Widdop dislocated his hip not long after signing with us, and missed the rest of that season (about 4 weeks from memory). I imagine this would be similar.

Latest posts