What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have never heard of the bloke but sounds like a sure upgrade on Cogger and Lamb. Don't mind seeing Watson as our key cover/bench player covering our spine.

We still not linked to any Pommie middle forwards?
How about the idea of Watson at centre? I think he is too good to be on the bench.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I’m not sure if signing an English half from ESL is the answer. English forwards have proven themselves to be pretty good over here but when was the last time an English half or 5/8 came to the NRL and did really well? For the record Gareth Widdop doesn’t count because he came to Australia when he was 16 so played all his senior footy here.

I’m open to anyone as long as they’re better than Lamb/Cogger but I wouldn’t want us paying big coin to a guy like that (not to mention a transfer fee) given he’s unproven in the NRL.
I would have to go back to the 80's to name any English halfbacks or 5/8's to do well. They would have been Andy Gregory, Ellery Hanley and Michael Schofields. In saying that Hanley played centre and lock here and Schofields played centre. But they did play 5/8 in England and were all very good players.

Spot On

Coach
Levi needs only knuckle down and become a smarter player to make some big leaps.

Some questioned Brown's reasoning for promoting Griffin this season and also felt for Levi after it came to light he wanted a release.

However, it is pretty clear now his attitude is not yet the type you'd covet and as many have stated, he can be selfish (or dumb) at times too.

I hope he can put it altogether and have a look at what Damien Cook has done the past 2 seasons. Fingers crossed we can get some decent go forward to give him more opportunities.

macavity

Referee
Absolutely positively 2 FG quality props from being relevant.

I won't feel confident until its Herman in 13 and a bench of DSaf, Glasby, Guerra and Barnett.

Yosh

Coach
To me, Levi showed tonight why he should be a bench hooker. Too many mistakes and didn't offer the team direction at all. He is a good impact player off the bench to bring on against tired forwards. Great enthusiasm but needs some brains to develop into a better player. It's all good to gain a metre or two off a quick play of the ball, but the best hookers lead their team around and offer direction to the forwards. Doesn't have any of that.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Absolutely positively 2 FG quality props from being relevant.

I won't feel confident until its Herman in 13 and a bench of DSaf, Glasby, Guerra and Barnett.

agree with this. When we have a bench of that quality we're challenging for the title. Guerra is an 80 min player though and quality. He does the 1% plays no ones notices. Great buy for the club. One of my favorite players.

I really do believe that with a couple of mongrel top shelf props and some more depth we are in the top 4

macavity

Referee
agree with this. When we have a bench of that quality we're challenging for the title. Guerra is an 80 min player though and quality. He does the 1% plays no ones notices. Great buy for the club. One of my favorite players.

I really do believe that with a couple of mongrel top shelf props and some more depth we are in the top 4

I know that without him we lose games by 10 points more. Just not enough impact with the ball.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I know that without him we lose games by 10 points more. Just not enough impact with the ball.

I agree with what some others have said re Guerra, he’s been one of our best and most consistent all season imo. Really smart buy for the club.

I think Guerra has shown he’s still a decent hole runner with the ball but his defence in the middle is too important so he doesn’t get to play on the edge anymore. It’s a bit of a shame because Barnett hasn’t really come on as much as I’d like so I wouldn’t mind seeing Guerra go back to an edge at some point.

Spot On

Coach
Wed be absolute farked without Guerra in the current pack. Add another 2 tries a gane to the opposition score. At least.