What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker footage

avocado

Juniors
Rockcod makes a good point.
It's been stated that the bunker has access to all camera angles. It's clear to see that Roberts knocked the ball onto the Cows player before regaining possession.
It's a fair question to ask if the bunker saw this footage. If they didn't, then why not?
If they did, that's one hell of a blunder.

unforgiven

Bench
It's been stated that the bunker has access to all camera angles. It's clear to see that Roberts knocked the ball onto the Cows player before regaining possession.
It's a fair question to ask if the bunker saw this footage. If they didn't, then why not?
Maybe there is a 3rd angle from the Grassy Knoll?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it was such a blunder, they'd have made some kind of statement about it.

Instead, only a small handful of tinfoil hatters are banging on about it.

rockcod

Juniors
JFC

You could argue the sun isn't hot.

You have been told repeatedly that the vision the Bunker has access to (every camera at the ground) and what we see on TV (one, sometimes two angles at any one time) are not the same thing.

While the broadcaster would endeavour to show the most relevant angles the Bunker might refer to, the Bunker has all angles available in their giant room. There are two main Bunker officials, one is senior. There is usually support staff around as well as I understand.

What you're referring to from last night is your own bias, not actual fact. Stop presenting it as such.

Or better still, get over it and move on.

Not sure what your problem is, were you in the bunker last night?
Have you seen the footage I’m talking about?
I’m not biased, I don’t care who won last night and it didn’t affect the result of the game, I am concerned about what appears to me and many others as a fairly serious balls up, either by the technology or by the ref.
Why you so blindly believe that everything that goes on in the bunker must be above reproach is beyond me, we all know technology and humans aren’t perfect but the bunker needs to get things like this right or it’s no use.

rockcod

Juniors

Most people probably didn’t see the footage as it was only one tiny replay that I noticed and rewound. Have you seen it?

avocado

Juniors

I didn't particularly care who won.

No statement required really because the Cows had no need to blow up about it. (They won, in case you didn't watch the game) If that decision cost a finals contender a game then it would be a different matter.

Lebbo73

Bench
They have control of the replays, they are watching multiple camera angles at the same time side by side. They have a screen with every camera angle on it so they can select the appropriate angles and send those to the larger screens.

I do not believe they would have missed viewing it from a particular camera.
Exactly, they showed us the viewer the crappy footage that was inconclusive and deliberately manipulated the game at the time.

unforgiven

Bench
Exactly, they showed us the viewer the crappy footage that was inconclusive and deliberately manipulated the game at the time.
Now you are calling it out and out cheating? The bunker has control of the replays they are watching, they do not choose which screen you get to watch. The bunker has the multiple camera angles in front of them, the broadcaster chooses which angle to show you.

I actually don't like the review system we have in place at the moment, but it is not the technology making the mistakes, it is the decision making process.

I have seen no uproar about this decision being a mistake outside 2 people in this thread?

Lebbo73

Bench
Now you are calling it out and out cheating? The bunker has control of the replays they are watching, they do not choose which screen you get to watch. The bunker has the multiple camera angles in front of them, the broadcaster chooses which angle to show you.

I actually don't like the review system we have in place at the moment, but it is not the technology making the mistakes, it is the decision making process.

I have seen no uproar about this decision being a mistake outside 2 people in this thread?
On the footage I saw I couldn’t overturn the Try decision. However, I would have ruled knock on straight away if I was the ref. Btw, I’m a Broncos supporter!

rockcod

Juniors

My feeling is maybe the bunker were watching the footage with the technical glitch that didn’t get corrected till a minute later when they showed it on 9, I don’t know why the viewer at home can’t see the exact same footage that the bunker is talking about when making their decision, then there will be no confusion.

I agreed with the non overrule at the time until I saw the last replay after the try was awarded, the only zoomed in one.

unforgiven

Bench
My feeling is maybe the bunker were watching the footage with the technical glitch that didn’t get corrected till a minute later when they showed it on 9, I don’t know why the viewer at home can’t see the exact same footage that the bunker is talking about when making their decision, then there will be no confusion.

I agreed with the non overrule at the time until I saw the last replay after the try was awarded, the only zoomed in one.
Because as I explained, they are looking at multiple angles at once, again as I said earlier, when the bunker was first introduced they had a split screen shot of sometimes up to 6 camera angles. This made the images to small to see effectively, especially on the screen at the grounds. The bunker had access to all the camera angles that were filmed when making their decision.

You are either not listening or do not have the cognitive abilities needed for this discussion.

leaguelover610

Juniors
Most of the time the bunker is talking through the footage exactly as we see on the screen

That would be because that's the incident they are reviewing...it is the same incident no matter what camera angle their looking at so they will comment what you see on screen no matter what angle is showing on broadcast

rockcod

Juniors
Because as I explained, they are looking at multiple angles at once, again as I said earlier, when the bunker was first introduced they had a split screen shot of sometimes up to 6 camera angles. This made the images to small to see effectively, especially on the screen at the grounds. The bunker had access to all the camera angles that were filmed when making their decision.

You are either not listening or do not have the cognitive abilities needed for this discussion.

It can’t be that hard, when the bunker ref is saying “you can see he grounds the ball in the in goal” he is not looking at 5 cameras at the same time is he? Sometimes they will be looking at a side and front shot, surely it can be better than what we have now.

Maybe just go with longer kfc adds if it’s all too hard.

unforgiven

Bench
It can’t be that hard, when the bunker ref is saying “you can see he grounds the ball in the in goal” he is not looking at 5 cameras at the same time is he? Sometimes they will be looking at a side and front shot, surely it can be better than what we have now.

Maybe just go with longer kfc adds if it’s all too hard.
Yes they are, that's the point of the Technology, they may be looking at a shot from in front of the player to see the timing of the ball being grounded and have a shot from behind showing exactly when his feet cross the touch line.I don't know how else to explain this to you, it is not that hard of a concept to understand.

rockcod

Juniors
Yes they are, that's the point of the Technology, they may be looking at a shot from in front of the player to see the timing of the ball being grounded and have a shot from behind showing exactly when his feet cross the touch line.I don't know how else to explain this to you, it is not that hard of a concept to understand.

That’s exactly what I just said so no need to explain it again, most decisions don’t involve more than 1 or 2 camera angles so we could start there yeah?

Seems I have been proven wrong and the bunker has got perfect technology, the best camera angles and no possibility of any technical difficulties. Not sure how we know this because we don’t get to see any of their footage but all good!
Probably not much point discussing any further.

unforgiven

Bench
That’s exactly what I just said so no need to explain it again, most decisions don’t involve more than 1 or 2 camera angles so we could start there yeah?

Seems I have been proven wrong and the bunker has got perfect technology, the best camera angles and no possibility of any technical difficulties. Not sure how we know this because we don’t get to see any of their footage but all good!
Probably not much point discussing any further.
People do not want to see the split screen, they tried that when the bunker first launched.

The technology is state of the art tech, they have ALL the camera angles so yes you are wrong, technical difficulties are possible, but was not what happen in this case. You are seeing the same footage, just one angle at a time where as they are looking at multiple angles?

They always have multiple angles loaded on screen, how does the broadcaster determine which ones the bunker is using?

rockcod

Juniors
People do not want to see the split screen, they tried that when the bunker first launched.

The technology is state of the art tech, they have ALL the camera angles so yes you are wrong, technical difficulties are possible, but was not what happen in this case. You are seeing the same footage, just one angle at a time where as they are looking at multiple angles?

They always have multiple angles loaded on screen, how does the broadcaster determine which ones the bunker is using?

How do you know there was no technical difficulties? Channel 9 broadcast the potato footage 5 times before they found the good stuff after the the try was awarded.
In my opinion the bunker ref would have ruled knock on had he been watching the same footage I saw after the try was awarded. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe the ref stuffed up or maybe the the ref is biased. The footage was very clear to me watching in sd on gem, if the bunker saw it on their wiz band HD flat screens it should have been even clearer.
If you have some evidence that the bunker definitely had the better footage (and looked at it) at the time of their decision please share, otherwise you are assuming just like me.

Latest posts