What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater retires

Incorrect

Coach
Comes across as a decent enough fella off the field. And despite all the good things he does on the field, I'll always remember him as a grubby player. But hey, he's a 2 Time premiership winner and 2018 Wally Lewis medal winner, maybe you need a bit of grub in you when you're no bigger than most jockeys and playing NRL....

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Comes across as a decent enough fella off the field. And despite all the good things he does on the field, I'll always remember him as a grubby player. But hey, he's a 2 Time premiership winner and 2018 Wally Lewis medal winner, maybe you need a bit of grub in you when you're no bigger than most jockeys and playing NRL....
Height 178cm
Weight 89kg

I'm not a punter but that seems a bit big for a jockey

Canard

Immortal
That's the size of Damien Oliver with Linda Meech on his back.

The whole "little Billy was a track work jockey" angle is overplayed. I'm pretty sure that was when he was like 16 or younger.

Considering he was playing for Brisbane Norths at 17/18 I don't believe anyone has suggested otherwise.

I also assume he was not the same weight at 16 that he is at 35.

phonetic

Juniors
My most poignant memory of Billy is from the old Olympic park in MEL. It was perhaps 2006, I'm not sure. Ben Hornby had made a break down the edge and put Wes Naiqama away with a peach of a pass. Just after delivering the pass a flying slater knocked him into next week with a late high shot. Somehow it went completely unpunished. Hornby would not return to the field, and we, as usual would go on to get touched up by the storm.

Absolute gun and absolute grub. Thanks for the memories Billy.

footyballin'

Juniors
Why do people always call Billy and Cam grubs? They are gentleman from Queensland, we arn't talking about some Cronulla grub here

Reactions: gUt

Latest posts