What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R22 Sat - Titans 16-17* Panthers @ Cbus Super

Round 22: Titans v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
Or 10 points a game over the last 40 minutes. Or 4 points a game over the last 20 minutes. You see what I'm saying? Stats can say whatever you want them to say.

Why would I want stats to say we have conceded over 100 points in 3 weeks? I want them to say we havent conceded any points in the past 3 games. How do I get them to say that? Because short of making it up. That doesnt seem possible.

Which means I cant make them say whatever I want.

Huge difference between our last 240 minutes of game time and cherry picking part of a half of football. These 3 games led to a coach being sacked

OldPanther

Coach
Because you are trying to make the point that we have been playing poorly?

Broncos was a hiding, we all know that, but the other two we won.

Except when you score 40+.

The Roosters did it and said it wasn't good enough. I'd suggest our standards aren't at the level of what top teams expect of themselves.

OldPanther

Coach
Did they sack their coach a month out from the finals?

No because he has a good record as coach which includes minor premierships and a premiership. If Griffin had that and got sacked I'm pretty sure Panthers fans would riot.

TheFrog

Coach
No because he has a good record as coach which includes minor premierships and a premiership. If Griffin had that and got sacked I'm pretty sure Panthers fans would riot.
Past 3 Seasons (ie while Griffin has been coach of Penrith)

Griffin Panthers Played 72 Won 42 Lost 30. Finals Played 4 Won 2
Robinson Roosters Played 70 Won 38 Lost 32 Finals Played 2 Won 1

He wasn't sacked for team performance. That has been trotted out by Gould ever since (along with @losing the dressing room@ and not being able to work with staff which has not been supported by others). He was sacked because he and Phil Gould did not get along.

Gus should have gritted his teeth and waited for the season to end. Maybe he was afraid Griffin would do so well he would be difficult to remove.

Last edited:

Haven't played any consistently decent football since the end of 2016. Your boy is gone and for very good reason

OldPanther

Coach

Also higher on the ladder this year and playing much better. If Griffin had won us a prem he'd still be here.

TheFrog

Coach
Also higher on the ladder this year and playing much better.
Over the last six or so rounds they are, but we've had a couple of injuries. Before Origin, we were better than them and Robinson was making excuses. Remember?

I've got you telling me its about this year, and MX telling me it isn't, its about previous years not being able to win against the good sides. It wasn't about team performance at all, although Gould has certainly tried to paint that in a poor light which isn't easy when the team is winning. It was about not being able to work with with one person and one person alone.

Anyway this is a game day thread, not the place for this discussion.

Your boy is gone and for very good reason
He didn't get on with the fuhrer. That is the reason.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Would be nice for the Tits to belt them and make Gus look even more like a f**kwit. Doubtful though