What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin

Pantherjim.

Referee
I predict this will not end well.

Ivan announcing today his commitment to see out his contract with The West Tigers.

Nathan off contract at the end of 2019 and off to West Tigers with his old man.

Should have never given Ivan the arse back in 2015 in this he first place.

Who’s to blame?

Gould.

Let’s hope the board grow some brains and show him the door before more damage is done.

Abacus

Juniors

Ivan announcing today his commitment to see out his contract with The West Tigers.

Who’s to blame?

Gould.

Let’s hope the board grow some brains and show him the door before more damage is done.
I think you'll find Ivan used the word "intention". No reference to his commitment to the Tigers.

Might be semantics but in the RL business, who knows.

Who’s to blame?

Gould.

I believe that Nathan will re-sign and Ivan will come back in two years time.

Who’s to blame?

Gould.

We should get the local Antifa on to Gould to intimidate him out of the joint :wink:

forby

Juniors
Cant we just forget about Hook and concentrate on the rest of the season? The club can end up top 4 in all three grades!
Has this ever happened before?

murraymob

Coach
we can read what ever we want from interviews from the Clearys Gould Griffen.Nathen has come through the grades with a lot of this team . I think that will keep him at the club

The only time that Gould has done anything good for this club was back in 1991.

What absolute nonsense.

When Gould came back in 2011 the place was a shambles, we’re now in one of the most competitive streaks in the clubs history. 3rd behind 86-91 & 03/04.

He’s brought through juniors, sorted out the junior programmes, built the centre of excellence & recruited well.

As I’ve previously said many times I do think he’s stayed too long, and some of the decisions in recent times have been poor. But if you can’t see the good he’s done since 2011 you’re either blinded by your hatred of him or you’re an idiot.

Abacus

Juniors
Well, I wish I shared your confidence.

The only time that Gould has done anything good for this club was back in 1991.

Confident of what? Just pointing out that Ivan chose his words carefully and didn't deviate from script.

You don't count convincing Packer to help out the club as a good thing done by Gould? It's attributed to Gus by the Board.

Pomoz

Bench
Agree with @herbert henry1908. He might lack tactical nous but Maybe Griffin isn’t the big bad wolf everyone on here is peddling?

If you’re making up a rumour about why you fell out with someone, I’m not sure you’d be that specific to name a player. Very likely to be true.
I don't see how anybody could see Hook as the big bad wolf. 3 for 3 is a great achievement. The amount of players debuted is a great achievement. The team has character, tenacity and toughness. He has left behind a really good foundation for somebody to build on and take us to the next level. He deserves no hate or vitriol.

He wasn't a great strategist, so what? Big deal, he has still achieved more than most other coaches in Panther's history and most other coaches in the NRL. Ultimately, his lack of a strategic brain and his inability as a leader to use somebody to help him who does, are the limitations that stop him going to the next level.

As for the Wallace argument, it is neither here or there. Disagreements over specific players will happen all the time. We just need to move on and the club, including Gus, need to shut up and let wounds heal.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't see how anybody could see Hook as the big bad wolf. 3 for 3 is a great achievement. The amount of players debuted is a great achievement. The team has character, tenacity and toughness. He has left behind a really good foundation for somebody to build on and take us to the next level. He deserves no hate or vitriol.

He wasn't a great strategist, so what? Big deal, he has still achieved more than most other coaches in Panther's history and most other coaches in the NRL. Ultimately, his lack of a strategic brain and his inability as a leader to use somebody to help him who does, are the limitations that stop him going to the next level.

As for the Wallace argument, it is neither here or there. Disagreements over specific players will happen all the time. We just need to move on and the club, including Gus, need to shut up and let wounds heal.
He hasn't won a premiership or even gone close. So he has achieved less than every coach who has.