What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Abacus

Juniors
Does anyone else who watches Panthers NSW cup think Adam Keighran seems a bit like Munster (very) lite? He's got a similar looking step, he's got some deceptive strength and he seems like a competitor. He's not as fast, not as strong, not as instinctive, a worse defender, etc but he's a handful when he runs in a similar way.
He had a good game today. Looks like he's got a fair bit of all round natural ability.

tripster

Juniors
I wonder what is wrong with Merrin. Prior to SOO there was a little bit of talk about him being a possible pick for NSW, and I am sure I remember Fitler mentioning at one point that the selectors had considered it. He was in cracking form.

Ever since Origin his form has continued to slip. Today was his worst game in a long time. He threw that stupid ball to Hetherington (which was probably forward, but was impossible for Hetherington to catch anyway), he spilled the ball cold on the first or second tackle 10 metres out from the Titans line, and also came up with another error in the middle. He also didn't make many runs.

I suspect he is down on confidence. He doesn't appear to be carrying any obvious injuries. Hopefully he can turn it around. We need all of our forwards firing coming into these last few weeks and come finals time. If it is a confidence thing, I'd almost be inclined to have some faith in him and start him in the Knights game to try to lift him back up (and show that he hasn't been relegated to just being a bench forward).

Last edited:

Abacus

Juniors
I wonder what is wrong with Merrin. Prior to SOO there was a little bit of talk about him being a possible pick for NSW, and I am sure I remember Fitler mentioning at one point that the selectors had considered it. He was in cracking form.

Ever since Origin his form has continued to slip. Today was his worst game in a long time. He threw that stupid ball to Hetherington (which was probably forward, but was impossible for Hetherington to catch anyway), he spilled the ball cold on the first or second tackle 10 metres out from the Titans line, and also came up with another error in the middle. He also didn't make many runs.

I suspect he is down on confidence. He doesn't appear to be carrying any obvious injuries. Hopefully he can turn it around. We need all of our forwards firing coming into these last few weeks and come finals time. If it is a confidence thing, I'd almost be inclined to have some faith in him and start him in the Knights game to try to lift him back up (and show that he hasn't been relegated to just being a bench forward).
Perhaps he's been told that if he finds a deal elsewhere, the club will let him go. I think there were rumours a while ago. Lost motivation, trying too hard, over-rating his own skill level.

Anyway, hopefully Ciro sits him down and can convince Mez to get back to basics. I wouldn't start him though, IMO starting spots need to be earned, not therapy.

mxlegend99

Referee
But we have won our last 3, so somebody is doing the right thing!
Look at where those teams are on the ladder. The only thing being done right is playing shit against these teams and not good ones.

Storm would make the Broncos game look close in current form.

BuddPanther

Juniors
Can't wait until we play the so called better teams. Quite obviously, teams we expect to win against ie.the bottom 8 sides, seem to have an ability to make us play to their level. Totally different story when we get to play Storm,Rooters,Soufs. I really think we will lift our intensity again to match these teams and our game will get back to where we all think it should be

Last edited:
Can't wait until we play the so called better teams. Quite obviously, teams we expect to win against ie.the bottom 8 sides, seem to have an ability to make us play to their level. Totally different story when we get to play Storm,Rooters,Soufs. I really think we will lift our intensity again to match these teams and our game will get back to where we all think it should be
I agree, the game against St George springs to mind.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I really think we will lift our intensity again to match these teams and our game will get back to where we all think it should be

I disagree. I think the Storm and Roosters would demolish us on current form. Souths would also probably beat us comfortably. Sharks always beat us no matter what.

mxlegend99

Referee
So called better teams? You dont think the top 4 sides are better than the bottom sides?

We didnt play to Broncos level 4 weeks ago either. We are quiet clearly in poor form. Although i am optimistic we can improve too. One game under a new coach without a pre-season... obviously the changes wont be effective immediately