What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018

True_Believer

Juniors
Yep, 2000 was the final year of the decade which started in 1991 (given the Gregorian Calendar started at AD1, not 0)..

Stupid way of looking at it, personally, but that’s the way we’ve been doing it for hundreds of years..

I reckon to make Jimmy’s comparison fair, he needs to have the decades start the year RL started in Australia.. 1908 (otherwise it leaves teams playing up to 1910 only 3 seasons to meet the decade criteria)

So 1908-1917, 1918-1927(ish) and so on..

I believe we still play in a grand final every decade then.. and given it’s 2018 now, we have this season + the next 9 to keep our record intact..

#praisemary

From what I have seen though, it's common practice by historians to state a decade starts @ 0 and ends in 9:

"With the sole exception of the very first decade (1-10 AD), western historians believe that every subsequent decade begins on a year ending in zero, e.g. 1920-29, because the year ending in zero is nevertheless a full year."

Most references to a decade on the internet refer to decades in this way however the Gregorian calendar doesn't actually have a year 0 as the starting point (or even a year at all). BC ended at 1 and AD started at 1.

So technically Jimmy is right, but based on modern definitions, penguin is right.

ouryears

Bench
Cooper, Morris, Hornby, Creagh, Young, Prior, Merrim and (if it weren’t for injury) Hunt.

Yes, the Illawarra side of the JV hasn’t contributed or “won anything”.

Short memories as the Oils used to say.

Yes they have had some decent individual players, but as an area across a wide range of sports, won nothing.

Ohhh, a basket ball title.

The players were ours anyway, ( ours equals Saints) St George always had access to the players, the Illawarra area was always recognised as being St George, we did not need to give away a JV just to keep our access to the player pool.

We already had access.

SBD82

Coach
Yes they have had some decent individual players, but as an area across a wide range of sports, won nothing.

Ohhh, a basket ball title.

The players were ours anyway, ( ours equals Saints) St George always had access to the players, the Illawarra area was always recognised as being St George, we did not need to give away a JV just to keep our access to the player pool.

We already had access.
PSA.

This man is a dumbmerkin.

Any opinion expressed by this man should remain unread, if you happen to accidentally read it, you should immediately forget what you saw, lest you be tainted by the foul stench of dumbmerkinery.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I never really thought everything was pointing towards a premiership this year, but I did think we were a genuine chance. I did however think that everything was pointing towards a minor premiership. Since then we have lost 5 of our last 6 games. It is too bad to be true. We have gone from being the best team in the comp to the worst team in the comp during one season? If we would have beat Wests, Parra and Warriors, like I expected us to, we would have still been outright leaders on 34 points and with a better points differential.

ouryears

Bench
PSA.

Any opinion expressed by this man should remain unread, if you happen to accidentally read it, you should immediately forget what you saw, lest you be tainted by the foul stench of dumbmerkinery.
W A N . E R

Thankfully just you, crush, Alsgi, da61.......plus one or two
Versus us

So tell me sir, what has Illawarra ever won?

Think hard and long.....zzzzzzzzzz

ouryears

Bench
PSA.

You won lots of Shanty town titles

I have a very good feeling about this year.
Injuries have been kind.
Players are getting selected for origin.
The draw from here is favourable.
Mann has moved to the wing.
McGregor is talking about resting players after origin to avoid burnout.
I don't know what it is but I honestly feel that this is our year.
Exciting times ahead.
I know I sound like mickeylane but Dragons are going all the way!
I have no doubt.

Crystal balls.

Straight Shooter

Latest posts