What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

Valheru

Coach
Only Bret left from the Hart Foundation now! (well Jimmy Hart if you wish to include him)

Wow that is depressing when you think about it, Pillman, Owen, Bulldog and Anvil all gone now with Anvil the only one going beyond 40.

Bret doesn't exactly look a picture of health at 61 either.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wow that is depressing when you think about it, Pillman, Owen, Bulldog and Anvil all gone now with Anvil the only one going beyond 40.

Bret doesn't exactly look a picture of health at 61 either.

Funnily enough, Bret was my least favorite of the lot! Now, there's no doubting he is a technical mastermind

But check it out:

Bulldog I always admired, being a young English lad who moved over to NZ, he was one guy I'd always root for. I loved him, the Union Jack, his accent. I quickly identified with him

Pillman - A live wire, loose canon. He was great! Both in WCW and WWF/E - Gone far too soon

Owen - He just worked as a brat. His heel work, and fued with Bret was brilliant. I sometimes wonder if he has been overrated simply due to his death then at other times I fully understand the plaudits he gets.

Anvil - The muscle, THAT maniacal laugh. One guy that you knew would never reach the top, but somehow always pulled for

Valheru

Coach
Funnily enough, Bret was my least favorite of the lot! Now, there's no doubting he is a technical mastermind

But check it out:

Bulldog I always admired, being a young English lad who moved over to NZ, he was one guy I'd always root for. I loved him, the Union Jack, his accent. I quickly identified with him

Pillman - A live wire, loose canon. He was great! Both in WCW and WWF/E - Gone far too soon

Owen - He just worked as a brat. His heel work, and fued with Bret was brilliant. I sometimes wonder if he has been overrated simply due to his death then at other times I fully understand the plaudits he gets.

Anvil - The muscle, THAT maniacal laugh. One guy that you knew would never reach the top, but somehow always pulled for

I don't think there is any doubt Bret was the best worker of the lot but I am with you in that he wasn't one of my favourites either.

Recently I have acquired a new found respect for both Pillman and Owen as workers. I had never seen any of Pillman's WCW work until the network come out and he was great in WCW. Owen was always great in WWF in 1994-1998 but as a child/teenager I didn't appreciate what he was doing but do now. I hear Owen was nothing short of phenomenal in the old stampede days so hopefully one day WWE sorts out its issues with the Hart family and those tapes are added to the network.

Anvil was no doubt the least talented of the bunch but you are right, he maximised what potential he did have and made a decent living for himself.

shiznit

Coach
RIP Anvil.

Loved the feud when he was backing Owen against Bret. That summer slam where the brothers fought in the cage when they locked the cage and beat the shit out of Bret... and all the Hart’s tried to climb the cage to get in...

I was only a kid when I watched it... but maaan I remember that moment.

Also I read Bret’s book... I would recommend it to everyone....

But he had a funny story about the boys in a bar drinking with Vince and the Road Warriors did their finisher(albeit softly) on Vince... then Anvil was standing there pulling his goatee stewing to Bret about not being shown up and wanting to do theirs on Vince... only problem was Bret knew Anvil didn’t go gentle... but they did it anyway... :joy::joy:

Or that’s what I remember of the story... it’s been about 10years since I read the book I think...

Ah so sad. Surprised he was 63. I actually thought he passed away a few years ago.

Older than Vader right? I guess he was around going back to the mid 80s

Valheru

Coach
Hard t believe that Bret is only 2 years younger than Anvil. Go watch there matches from the mid to late 80s and Anvil looks 15 years older than him lol.

Matt23

Staff member
RIP Tom Billington. Aka Dynamite Kid the other half of the British Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
I wonder what kind of response the WWE will give to Dynamite Kid's death

Meth

Staff member

Basically one step away from saying "we're sorry if anyone is sad that he died"

Absolute legend. Had his issues with drugs, liquor and the road. But when that bell rang, he was the man. Without Dynamite (and Tiger) there's no Bret Hart, no Shawn Michaels, no Rey Mysterio, no Chris Jericho, no AJ Styles, no Kenny Omega, no Eddie Guerrero, no He Who We Must Not Mention etc.

Do we know what got him in the end?

Matt23

Staff member
Yet another RIP, Larry "the axe" Henig, father of the late Curt "Mr Perfect" Henig, and current WWE performer, Curtis Axel.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yet another RIP, Larry "the axe" Henig, father of the late Curt "Mr Perfect" Henig, and current WWE performer, Curtis Axel.

*Grandather to Curtis Axel.

Curt is Larrys son, and Curtis Axel (Joseph Hennig) is Curts son.

Don't mean to be THAT guy, but I felt it needed to be corrected

mackdadday

Juniors
*Grandather to Curtis Axel.

Curt is Larrys son, and Curtis Axel (Joseph Hennig) is Curts son.

Don't mean to be THAT guy, but I felt it needed to be corrected

You saved him the humiliation of misinforming a group of eager would be intellectuals in front of parliament house one day.