What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 23 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Meth

Staff member
So, we are particularly interested in the Rabbitohs, Knights and Cowboys getting up.

Cowboys are a good chance if Taumalolo keeps on playing like he has been.

Izz

Bench
So, we are particularly interested in the Rabbitohs, Knights and Cowboys getting up.

Cowboys are a good chance if Taumalolo keeps on playing like he has been.
Taumalolo suspended this week, isn't he?

Blair

Coach
Barrett quits Manly, Toovey and Hasler both keen to come back! More coaching drama.

Blair

Coach
It might be a rollercoaster weekend for some. How bad would it be being a Tigers fan kicking-off round 23 tonight? You want the future in your own hands.

sup42

Juniors
Be very interested to see how the Panthers go.

Malone out is a mixed bag, his defence is bankable for opposition Trys.

Overall though, looking at how poor they were against the Titans with the errors (huge alarm bells for the new coach...his team didn't bounce back, with the obligatory sacked coach rage-rebound affect) if you are a Panthers supporter, you would worry that disruptions to key personnel are more likely to contribute to poor completions than not, and make that late game charge that much harder.

In short I am thrilled we are playing them for a double point win / assault of the for and against.

Unfortunately the Knights are a fade in the last twenty minute type side so Panthers likely to get by.

Glad we are not playing the Eels, I am really looking forward to that game against the Storm.

Tonights game should be a humdinger although it would be good to get the Broncos off our tail, It gives me more confidence seeing competition favorites being beatable (Come on Eels).

Wests have a great chance of taking down the Dragons.

Cows play too direct to trouble the Sharks.....and the Cows are rotten so not a lot of hope there...wish TaumaloLOL was playing.

Manly Titans....Wish Manly were playing the Sharks instead of the Cows, or any top eight side in case there is a sacked coach backlash (how it is supposed to happen unlike the Pamfers).

JJ

Immortal
I've picked the Bunnies, but I reckon the Broncos will bounce back and are a good chance of winning

To me the other interesting games are ours (the Dogs are a big chance I reckon) and the Tigers/Dragons - both teams really need to win that - the Dragons to restore any modicum of self-confidence

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
All my focus for the rest of the regular season is obviously us, and winning 3 games. What will happen outside of that will happen. Something deep down in your gut just knows there'll be a hiccup somewhere and the odds of bounding into the finals on the back of 5 straight wins just seems too good to be true. But we should start very strong favourites in all three.

Other focus is that I'd love the Tigers to get in at the expense of the Broncos. Hope the Broncos get pumped tonight and next week, while the Tigers take advantage of a Dragons side shitting the bed then the Sea Eagles next week (luckily avoiding the dumped coach bounce back this week). That'd make for a bloody exciting final round, which I think it will be anyway with ladder positions inside the eight etc.

Honestly, there is just nothing that compares to the NRL. There is a crazy storyline every week, whether it's coaches, players, administrators etc. It's just f**king great.

Best part is, my team is about to play finals. Crazy to think how much life has changed since then - wife, kids, moved overseas and back, now I get to watch my beloved team back in the promised land. And summer is coming. Yee-haaaa to life

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Broncos will get up tonight, especially if their little mate Sutton has the whistle, there was a stat earlier on in the season that they were 16/16 under him

How big is that game earlier in the season looking now, where the ref mistakes gift wrapped 2 points to Brisbane in Golden Point v the Tigers

JJ

Immortal
Broncos will get up tonight, especially if their little mate Sutton has the whistle, there was a stat earlier on in the season that they were 16/16 under him

How big is that game earlier in the season looking now, where the ref mistakes gift wrapped 2 points to Brisbane in Golden Point v the Tigers

Yeah, they'll certainly go close - but Souths have looked so powerful, and IMO should have beaten the Roosters - depends on how fresh they are, how many points start the Broncos get, and how fired up poor ill-treated Grandpa Wayne can get his kiddies...

The Souths pack is certainly something to be reckoned with

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Sam Burgess doesn't normally have 2 bad games in a row. He would be smarting after last week, and I'm expecting him to come out and lay a few of the Broncos down (legally)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I can see the Souths pack going well, but that backline worries me, would love to see them win but not hopeful

It's a game I'd be keen to watch, but no doubt by the time kickoff comes around I'll be struggling, was keen on the Broncos v Cows last week, saw them run on, and 1 blink of my eyes later the score was 14-0 lol

Big Marn

Juniors
its never the easy way for us is it.
Brisbane should have curled up and died in the second half when Souths were running rampant.
But no, AND they move ahead of us by 10 in the for and against.
Boys better be up for the Dogs on Sunday.