What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightleftin

Juniors
For todays SS game against Cabra, it looks like East Campbelltown will be resting 9 players from last weeks team that put 70 on Hills with 7 regulars from their under 20's playing.

rightleftin

Juniors
Ok that’ll suit cabra- stiil persisting with playing 18 year olds

It was just club officials playing their games by inserting a fictitious team. The normal East Campbelltown team played and Cabra must have played well, only going down 34-26. In RMC Cabra demolished Wests 70-16 although Jake Steadman is listed as scoring converted tries twice in the 6th minute. Wenty had two comfortable wins against Asquith.

imgunawin72

Juniors
It was just club officials playing their games by inserting a fictitious team. The normal East Campbelltown team played and Cabra must have played well, only going down 34-26. In RMC Cabra demolished Wests 70-16 although Jake Steadman is listed as scoring converted tries twice in the 6th minute. Wenty had two comfortable wins against Asquith.
The score was flattering for cabra in SS. Campbelltown winning 30 to 6 at halftime. Cabra fought back about 15 min before half time, until about 10 min to go. The failed experiment of using 18 year olds starting in the second row cost them the game.

kbw

Bench
I wasn't at the Cabra game today, but as I understand its not hard to leak 30+ points when arguably your best defender isn't even on the bench and your U18 "mate"was on the field for 80 mins again

Last edited:

Tarantosaurus

Juniors

Never trust the NSWRL site until 30min before kickoff. That way you can be 99% sure, that's the team submitted.

imgunawin72

Juniors
There seems to still be a mind set from some coaches that unless a kid has played junior reps- ie Harold matts and sg ball that they wont progress with their footy as a 20-22 year old.
The failed experiment of the NYC u20's, which didn't produce anywhere near enough young men ready to play NRL should be noted. The focus on producing players of NRL standard will come from the respective state run comps, ie ISP, RMC, SS and jersey flegg u20's.
The honest truth that the NRL found out is that some of these young men don't hit their peak development until 23-25 years old.
By focusing on junior reps as a pathway only there are lot of talented young men are lost to the game before they hit their peak.
It's my opinion that too many coaches in SS and RMC are looking for the next NRL ready made superstar, and not putting enough effort into developing young men 20-23 years old in their squads

imgunawin72

Juniors
Ok, obviously the player needs to be a certain level already to play for example SS but the coaches job is to develop the player ready for the next level. The same goes for the other grades- flegg, RMC and ISP.
Some players will develop quicker and at different ages to others. Thats why some 18 year olds, although they look good playing sg ball, struggle with playing young men in SS. These kids need another year playing good quality c grade before they’re ready for flegg, SS or RMC.
So basically coaches should be developing all their players ready for the next level, whether they’re 18 or 25.

kbw

Bench
I kind oi view it slightly differently in that a coach at the SS, RM and ISP level should pick the best team they have available and develop/improve all players in the squad.
RL is very subjective and people can differ in their opinion to how this is done. But sometimes its as plain as the nose on your face tat no development/improvement is being coached

I think SG Ball, HM and Flegg are more a development process first.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I kind oi view it slightly differently in that a coach at the SS, RM and ISP level should pick the best team they have available and develop/improve all players in the squad.
RL is very subjective and people can differ in their opinion to how this is done. But sometimes its as plain as the nose on your face tat no development/improvement is being coached

I think SG Ball, HM and Flegg are more a development process first.
Yep u have a point, maybe some coaches are only interested in looking after their own jobs first and development of players in their squad comes second.

rightleftin

Juniors
Willis Meehan named to play for Glebe I wonder if 8 weeks did anything for him

He played the first 50 minutes of the game against Guildford on Sunday. Glebe have added a few more players to their squad - Nesi Maitatonga played against Cabra and Aaron Pene is listed to play this week.

earl park riot

Juniors
He played the first 50 minutes of the game against Guildford on Sunday. Glebe have added a few more players to their squad - Nesi Maitatonga played against Cabra and Aaron Pene is listed to play this week.
Nessie debuted in the 28-all draw with Cabra a few weeks back after playing for Albi in the French Elite this season. Brandon Luamanu also played in France for Avignon before joining Glebe-Burwood in June. I believe Aaron Pene is Jets-contracted but has been injured all season.

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
Moorebank v Asquith SS should be an interesting game this weekend

Wenty beat Asquith convincingly last week and Moorebank put 50 on Wenty the previous week, so form suggests a comfortable win for Moorebank. A far more interesting game is Cabra vs St Marys in RMC. St Marys have strung together several wins on the trot to overcome a poor start to the season.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Wenty beat Asquith convincingly last week and Moorebank put 50 on Wenty the previous week, so form suggests a comfortable win for Moorebank. A far more interesting game is Cabra vs St Marys in RMC. St Marys have strung together several wins on the trot to overcome a poor start to the season.
Yep good point , st marys v cabra RMC should be a good one :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.