What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

The amount of shows is about right imo. Fox League don’t need to replay each of them 10 times though. I’d much rather watch a classic game than the 4th replay of last night’s 360 and most fans would be the same.
100% agree

I like Fox’s All of the Tries show where they choose a player and show every one of their tries. They only use it to fill in empty slots but more shows like that or as you said classic matches are 1000 times better then another run of 360 or League Life

Norths Tiger

Juniors
100% agree

I like Fox’s All of the Tries show where they choose a player and show every one of their tries. They only use it to fill in empty slots but more shows like that or as you said classic matches are 1000 times better then another run of 360 or League Life

Yes to this. Came across Billy Slater's All the Tries early on Sunday morning and watched much more than I would've thought.

Yes x 1000 to more classic matches, but also one from left field: no commentators. Just show the game, the atmosphere (or lack thereof) and show stats every so often. Sure, we might miss the "entertainment" of a Braith-tard or Blockhead, but that will be forgotten quickly.

Also, I'm another who watches none of the cr@p magazine shows (with the exception of The Fan).

no name

Coach
Lol, Kent obviously doesn’t watch the games.
‘JT has been as good this year as he has been throughout his whole career’.

Stick to making up rumours like the Eels allowing Hayne to play Fiji rugby next year you plonker.

Last Week

Bench
Honestly, the shows they have are fine. They just need to cut the obvious agenda pushing. Get rid of the Daily Telegraph journos.

Their best shows don't have the journos.

Queenslander only is decent because it isn't overrun by DT journos. The Matty Johns show is stupid but entertaining, The Professor likewise, The Fan, League Life.

NRL 360 is ruined from Kent and Rothfield. Controversy Corner would actually be good if they f**ked off Rothfield and had some people on there who actually put thought into their arguments instead of going off half cocked.

It'd be ideal if the NRL could have some control of the content.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Honestly, the shows they have are fine. They just need to cut the obvious agenda pushing. Get rid of the Daily Telegraph journos.

Their best shows don't have the journos.

Queenslander only is decent because it isn't overrun by DT journos. The Matty Johns show is stupid but entertaining, The Professor likewise, The Fan, League Life.

NRL 360 is ruined from Kent and Rothfield. Controversy Corner would actually be good if they f**ked off Rothfield and had some people on there who actually put thought into their arguments instead of going off half cocked.

It'd be ideal if the NRL could have some control of the content.
I agree with everything except the last sentence. Can you imagine the sanitised version we'd be brainwashed with?

mozza91

Coach
I’d just give Vossy free reign a few days a week. It’d probably get weird but at least you’d see plenty of football and no bitching about the game.

Last Week

Bench
I agree with everything except the last sentence. Can you imagine the sanitised version we'd be brainwashed with?

Better than the crisis merchants we have now. And no matter who has control, there will be an agenda. I'd rather a positive one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’d like to see a world of league show with highlights and discussion from comps around the world. Discussion of international games, some preview and hype of up and coming world games etc. be good if more casual Australian rl fans had a better education of the game outside the nrl.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Better than the crisis merchants we have now. And no matter who has control, there will be an agenda. I'd rather a positive one.
Yeah, fair enough - some of the guys just swing the negativity bat far too much without offering a solution. I'd prefer a middle ground - positive, but with a mix of constructive criticism. Media drive their own agendas to create stories & NRL try to sell to the public that all is perfect in the world of rugby league. (eg - via some sort of stats that tell us how great everything is with ratings/crowds - everyone knows stats can be used as a positive/negative, depending on what angle you're aiming for).

Springs09

Juniors
Kent's claim that coaches and CEOs saying lines like 'we aren't going to comment on speculation' is KILLING THE GAME has to be among the stupidest things he has ever said.

Is anyone going to stop playing or watching footy because Manly's CEO won't confirm anything about Trent Barrett? Maybe the 0.0001% of fans who follow the game for boardroom drama gossip and not for the actual football.

dogz08

First Grade
I’d like to see a world of league show with highlights and discussion from comps around the world. Discussion of international games, some preview and hype of up and coming world games etc. be good if more casual Australian rl fans had a better education of the game outside the nrl.

hosted by paul kent

TheFrog

Coach
Controversy Corner would actually be good if they f**ked off Rothfield and had some people on there who actually put thought into their arguments instead of going off half cocked.
Phil Gould would be perfect for this, but he works for the opposition. I think they've done well replicating the original with Graham Hughes as Mossop and Blocker as Ferris Ashton. Not sure who is Noel Kelly though. Rothfield is fine by me. He's a bigmouth who's always pushing a story, perfect for this show. They need to plug Viking Sauna at the end, though.

roofromoz

First Grade
I think Controversy Corner finished up before I was born but I seem to recall it being a regular segment on 'Live and Sweaty' on the ABC in the mid 90s, with Rex on it.

Latest posts