What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
There's a good chance he'll go to a club with a very good roster and/or established playing group with nowhere near the room to move as we do. He can't just 'take' a heap of players with him to a club with a near committed cap.

If that were to happen, players have to move from the new club if Bennett doesn't want them.

Either way., Benny getting the chop may provide us with some decent pickings.

Absolutely, Bennett will ONLY go to a ready made roster capable of winning a Premiership in the short term and perpetuating the Bennett myth, this much is 100% certain.

As he did with us he will bring a few with him and cut the deadwood from the roster, which can only mean movement in the player market.

Top of his wish list would be 1) Penrith 2) Souths

Burwood

Bench
There's a good chance he'll go to a club with a very good roster, est playing group with nowhere near the room to move as we do. He can't just 'take' a heap of players with him to a club with a near committed cap.

I didn’t say he’d take a heap of players, just that he’d take as many as possible- that number could be one, it could be five, depending on the club. If he went to a club like Penrith, Saints or Parra he’d have a roster capable of challenging in the next year or two and still be able to recruit somewhat.

macavity

Referee
I didn’t say he’d take a heap of players, just that he’d take as many as possible- that number could be one, it could be five, depending on the club. If he went to a club like Penrith, Saints or Parra he’d have a roster capable of challenging in the next year or two and still be able to recruit somewhat.

Parra?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

They were top 4 last year and have broadly the same team. They definitely have the talent, just something has gone wrong in the culture/mentality. Do idea what happened...

images

*cough*

Maybe Bennett is what they need to pull the pieces together. He did exactly that at StGeorge.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Too many egos at Penrith to hold both Gould and Bennett...I couldn't see that one happening.

The other 2 clubs would potentially make some sense, if 'push' comes to 'shove' :p

mozza91

Coach
He was a bees dick away from Brisbane winning the GF less than 3 years ago. The man can clearly coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise is filled agendas.
His reputation has taken a pretty massive hit. Not just how he left us but the fact he’s coaching a team with so many advantages:
- Salary Cap
- Favourable draw
- Ref decisions
and they’re still not a top 8 standard side. If I was a neutral I wouldn’t want him at my club.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
He was a bees dick away from Brisbane winning the GF less than 3 years ago. The man can clearly coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise is filled agendas.
Can clearly coach of that there is no doubt. Probably even a good coach. But supercoach ? give me a break.

I'd say half the coaches in the NRL could of won the Premierships he has given the cattle at his disposal, not to mention the off field resources. There could be a very good argument mounted that he should have won many more Premierships given his Brisbane roster stacked full of SOO and Test players over the years.

I am looking through red and blue glasses though- I despise the man. - intensely

Tom155

Coach
The Knights are poised to continue their build-up for 2019 by signing powerful Souths winger Hymel Hunt.

The 24-year-old Hunt has been a regular in Anthony Seibold’s team this season and is playing the best football of his career.

But he remains unsigned for next season and WWOS has learned he may have agreed to terms with the Knights in recent days.

With youngster Kalyn Ponga and veteran Mitchell Pearce calling the shots, the Knights already have a formidable backline and have added Edrick Lee and Jesse Ramien (both from Cronulla) to their roster.

Hunt would give them even more fire power out wide next season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
starting to look like a deadly backline. If they click they're gonna be something to watch. Now the missing pieces in the engine room.

Latest posts