What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

But hes on the right track again.

Nah, there’s been more bad decisions than good in recent. Sacking Griffin doesn’t make up for hiring him, giving him an extension when it wasn’t necessary, appointing someone so inexperienced as CEO, signing Tamou to a big deal. I could go on.

Last edited:
I think it has, do you think Ivan is Goulds choice?

When I say take it out of Gould’s hands I don’t mean into the boards hands.

What I’d do is appoint a 3 man panel to conduct the search, a panel of footy experts.

Get John Lang, former panthers like Girdler, Gower etc. it needs fresh eyes.

betcats

Referee
Nah, there’s been more bad decisions than good in recent. Sacking Griffin doesn’t make up for hiring him, giving him an extension when it wasn’t necessary, appointing someone so inexperienced as CEO, signing Tamou to a big deal. I could go on.

Compare us now to where we were at the end of 2012, it was all Gould, he is entitled to make a few mistakes. You take the good with the bad. All these bad decisions and we are still in the top four with an extremely young squad. You make it sound like we are in turmoil when we are actually incredibly well placed going forward. Again, that was Gus.

betcats

Referee

What I’d do is appoint a 3 man panel to conduct the search, a panel of footy experts.

That's just not going to happen. Its the boards job mate they aren't going to set up a panel.

Edit: I think its a good idea don't get me wrong.

That's just not going to happen. Its the boards job mate they aren't going to set up a panel.

Edit: I think its a good idea don't get me wrong.

I know it’s not going to happen, it’s just what I think should happen.

The board would have the final say, just like they always should.

Compare us now to where we were at the end of 2012, it was all Gould, he is entitled to make a few mistakes. You take the good with the bad. All these bad decisions and we are still in the top four with an extremely young squad. You make it sound like we are in turmoil when we are actually incredibly well placed going forward. Again, that was Gus.

It’s not a few mate, it’s stuff up after stuff up in recent times.

His time is done, he can’t live off his first few years forever.

The bad decisions will catch up with the club, I guarantee it. Gould has built it so he’s indispensable, but when Gus goes it’ll go to absolute shit. No succession planning has been done, it’s a house of cards.

betcats

Referee
It’s not a few mate, it’s stuff up after stuff up in recent times.

His time is done, he can’t live off his first few years forever.

The bad decisions will catch up with the club, I guarantee it. Gould has built it so he’s indispensable, but when Gus goes it’ll go to absolute shit. No succession planning has been done, it’s a house of cards.

So between now and 2011 he somehow lost it?? LOL I disagree his time is up, I find that ridiculous.

No succession planning? We have the whole squad besides Nath and possible Heathro locked up long term, we got rid of a dud coach ffs you're acting like we are falling apart.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Isn't Brandy on the board? He is as big as a footy expert that our club could have.

Gowie lol ... oh dear

betcats

Referee
The biggest richest and probably the most powerful club in the game is still look for Wayne bennetts successor 10 years after he first f**ked off, its not an easy thing to pick the right coach I think we need to relax, hook was a mistake, but we survive to fight another day and in a pretty bloody good position.

So between now and 2011 he somehow lost it?? LOL I disagree his time is up, I find that ridiculous.

No succession planning? We have the whole squad besides Nath and possible Heathro locked up long term, we got rid of a dud coach ffs you're acting like we are falling apart.

I’m talking about off field succession planning.

He’s done a good job building the squad, that’s about it in the last few years.

And yes he lost something along the way, I’d say his ego caught up with him.

Isn't Brandy on the board? He is as big as a footy expert that our club could have.

Gowie lol ... oh dear

The board have been involved in the debacle, that’s why I say it needs fresh eyes.

I was just throwing up names, it’s the idea of someone external having a look at it that’s important.

Lang is qualified to do that, Girldrr could see through Griffins rubbish a while ago. Gower I just tacked on.

betcats

Referee
I’m talking about off field succession planning.

He’s done a good job building the squad, that’s about it in the last few years.

And yes he lost something along the way, I’d say his ego caught up with him.

See my above comment mate. You are starting to sound like Rothfield a little bit. Goulds done a lot of great things besides the squad. Our country connection to areas like Bathurst and dubbo, our community involvement in schools around the area, the world class facilities that opened two years ago. You are selling him way short, be fair.

And you talk about building the squad like its easy, that's the most important part of his job and he is nailing it.

Latest posts