What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R23 Thu - Broncos 38-18 Rabbitohs @ Suncorp

Round 23: Broncos v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Broncos were fortunate that Sims stayed on the field.

I also thought that Walker call could have gone either way- he obviously lost some control of the ball, but retained it enough to ground it with his forearm. I have seen those (and worse) given.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Donkeys best game of the year. Souths still look slick in the opp's 20, they are a dangerous side if they get there defense back in order.

big hit!

Bench

I also thought that Walker call could have gone either way- he obviously lost some control of the ball, but retained it enough to ground it with his forearm. I have seen those (and worse) given.

it's frustrating, not just as a souths fan, but as a rugby league fan that shit like that is slowed down to the billionth frame and dissected. at full speed, it's easily a try. the NRL try more to find ways to disallow trys than to award them. didn't make a difference last night because the only time souths looked good was that period clark and george were on. once their shift was over, they were back to plodding.

Meth

Staff member
it's frustrating, not just as a souths fan, but as a rugby league fan that shit like that is slowed down to the billionth frame and dissected. at full speed, it's easily a try. the NRL try more to find ways to disallow trys than to award them.

tbh live and at full speed I thought he dropped it. When they slowed it down, I thought there was cause to award BOTD (especially with an on field decision of try and given various precedents).

But I take your point

Frailty

First Grade
it's frustrating, not just as a souths fan, but as a rugby league fan that shit like that is slowed down to the billionth frame and dissected. at full speed, it's easily a try. the NRL try more to find ways to disallow trys than to award them. didn't make a difference last night because the only time souths looked good was that period clark and george were on. once their shift was over, they were back to plodding.

I thought he dropped it live, and I thought that's what they sent it up for.

If he has it in his hands, and then when it is grounds it's not in his hands, he's lost the ball.

The refereeing had not effect on the game IMO. Though Sims should have been penalised (I don't think it was a Sin Bin offence)

moffla

Bench
Both sides can attack but have massive defensive weaknesses they will need to tighten before finals
Given us a good chance to leapfrog Rabbits and finish top 2 so I'm quite happy with the result.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just a quick shout out to Fifita who will probably get overshadowed in the chatter by Oates and TPJ. He had a superb game for an 18 year old and how he managed to score that try in so much traffic is straight up freakish.

bull rider

Juniors
Just a quick shout out to Fifita who will probably get overshadowed in the chatter by Oates and TPJ. He had a superb game for an 18 year old and how he managed to score that try in so much traffic is straight up freakish.

Theres no way he's 18... bloke looks 30...

Absolute weapon

Nerd

Bench
I'm over the endless slow motion replays where the refs in the bunker are looking at everything and anything to disallow a try. I've said this in other forums but I reckon give the bunker refs 3 views at different angles but at full speed. If they can't make a decision from that go with the on field refs call. It speeds up the game for the fans and stops the players getting an extended rest after every referred try.

David brown

Juniors
Seen him play a lot of junior footy as much as a hate to say kid is a freak, Will play for Qld and Australia within 2 years...

Lebbo73

Bench

He lost it. It happened right in front of me at the ground and it looked like he dropped it. On the big screen it was obvious. Even the Souffs fans were cursing before the decision was made by the bunker.
What annoyed me was most of those try’s they allowed with the decoy runners hitting the defenders and then they disallow a try because the attacker catches the ball on the inside of the decoy runner and no one is impeded.

Meth

Staff member
He lost it. It happened right in front of me at the ground and it looked like he dropped it. On the big screen it was obvious. Even the Souffs fans were cursing before the decision was made by the bunker.
What annoyed me was most of those try’s they allowed with the decoy runners hitting the defenders and then they disallow a try because the attacker catches the ball on the inside of the decoy runner and no one is impeded.

I don't dispute that he didn't have full control of it. I've just seem those given. I don't think they should be. But they often are.