What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
Good luck to him, hopefully a change of scenery will do him some good. He's in for a big shock if he thinks the Rorters will just hand him the 7 jersey after Cronk goes, they wont settle for average.

As far as the article goes I think Meaney may be the one we regret letting go of. Meaney 1 Ponga 6 Pearce 7 and Watson 14 may have been the best combination for the club? Who knows. Lamb and Cogger are a long way off being an NRL half.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hymel Hunt would be a useful signing if we get him, seems to be a robust Centre/winger who would add some depth. Hopefully this would push Ross and Sio back into reserves permanently.

In regards to Brock Lamb leaving I think I would be best for all parties at this stage. For whatever reason he seems to have gone backwards this year and really hasn’t shown that he’s ready to be a first grade half unfortunately. Maybe in a different environment at a more successful club he’ll discover the consistency he needs. For the record I hope he succeeds and maybe ends up back here one day. At the moment he’s going nowhere by staying put so good luck to him.

Frederick

Staff member
Marty Tap and Walker could be out at seasons end according to some ReadingThePlay on twitter.

Worth a look at both?
Ignore that account. Pretty sure they said Pearce was 100% going to Manly. Probably get their info from that 5th tackle website

Dave_

Juniors
Merrin is definitely an upgrade on what we have but gee... he's a bit of a marshmallow. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess

macavity

Referee
No, but he can't expect the money he has been on either. Surely.

Then it depends on whether Penrith are in trouble.

They aren't making any noises about being over the cap, but they would also have a heap of guys on massive unders given their progression

Yosh

Coach
Napa is on the market as well? Why aren't we looking at Napa?

I'd easily take Merrin. The money doesn't do us any good in the bank. Rather have it on the paddock at least keeping the likes of Yates and King in the reserves.

If TPJ does sign with the Roosters, will they have to cut someone? Anyone we can vulture in on?

Panther Mick

Juniors
Then it depends on whether Penrith are in trouble.

They aren't making any noises about being over the cap, but they would also have a heap of guys on massive unders given their progression

We are fine for the 2019. 2020 is when the pain starts. All the upgrades for Kikau, RCG and if Cleary stays will result in some departures.
I would say Maloney, Tamou and Mez are our 3 highest paid players at the club right now all are off contract end of 2020. Gould will move 2 or 3 of them on before 2020. Its what he does. Upgrades theirs deals, signs them long term and gets rid of them a year or 2 early. He does it all the time.

Mez was great in his first year with us then it all went down hill. He was very poor last year after his break up with Sally and only slightly better this year. He needs a change he still young enough to turn it around.

I think he would be a handy pick up for you guys at this point in time with your squad but certainly not worth 800k.

We are fine for the 2019. 2020 is when the pain starts. All the upgrades for Kikau, RCG and if Cleary stays will result in some departures.
I would say Maloney, Tamou and Mez are our 3 highest paid players at the club right now all are off contract end of 2020. Gould will move 2 or 3 of them on before 2020. Its what he does. Upgrades theirs deals, signs them long term and gets rid of them a year or 2 early. He does it all the time.

Mez was great in his first year with us then it all went down hill. He was very poor last year after his break up with Sally and only slightly better this year. He needs a change he still young enough to turn it around.

I think he would be a handy pick up for you guys at this point in time with your squad but certainly not worth 800k.
Yeah he was only behind Tamalololol in 2016. He was f**king great but he hasn't been the same since