What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

stryker

First Grade
Liddle, Brooks and Mbye all have pace and skill. Reynolds is a good running 6. Reynolds to me is the weak link in the spine but I think as a running half with a good team around him he may come good.
Thats true but who will control the game..speed up our play when needed and slow things down when we are up against it? Who will implement the game plan and be able to ensure the side sticks to it? Who will show the cool head and be patient when attacking the line, converting most opportunities into either continued possession or points? Who will be the leader that the older blokes in the team will trust? Who will inspire the younger guys?

stryker

First Grade
I don't see why Brooks has to dominate every play. He just has to do his job well.
Yeah but the problem is he doesnt do his job well as evidenced by him going missing when the season was on the line for yet another year.

Maybe this was the year that IC worked on Brooks defence which has been outstanding.
The coming offseason IC can work on his vocals, vision, game control, leadership, short kicking game, long kicking game and anything else that he thinks needs fixing.

stryker

First Grade
Maybe this was the year that IC worked on Brooks defence which has been outstanding.
The coming offseason IC can work on his vocals, vision, game control, leadership, short kicking game, long kicking game and anything else that he thinks needs fixing.
Thats a very busy off season. No holidays I hope.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

You can't fault his defence this year that's for sure but I am still not sold on his ability to lead a team, he is too timid. No one ever rates Chad Townsend at the Shark, he is never talked up but he is the type of half I'd prefer. Runs when he needs to and can manage a team. Good kicker and just makes good decisions....

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thats true but who will control the game..speed up our play when needed and slow things down when we are up against it? Who will implement the game plan and be able to ensure the side sticks to it? Who will show the cool head and be patient when attacking the line, converting most opportunities into either continued possession or points? Who will be the leader that the older blokes in the team will trust? Who will inspire the younger guys?

We haven’t ever had one of these, why start now?

Vic Mackey

Referee
My point during the week was that I had no confidence that Brooks could lead this team to the finals. We've heard for the better part of 3 years now that this is his team, he holds the reigns. Its time to get a new driver. He has failed again. He just doesnt have it in him. If we keep him it must be as a running 5/8th and the reigns handed to someone more competant.

Huh?

It’s been his team for less then 12 months.

This year Brooks has had:

* 3 different fullbacks
* 3 different 5/8s
* 5 different hookers

Yet we’re going to finish the highest we’ve finished in 7 years mainly THANKS to Brooks

Luke is far from a complete halfback and still has a lot of areas to work on. However in all likelihood he’ll be in the top for the 3 Dally Ms and is probably the most improved player in the entire competition.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maybe youre too young to remember Scott Prince? We won the comp last time we had one of these types of halves.

Fair call, although to be fair you could only claim he was that in 1 of his 3 years...maybe 04 but he really phoned 06 in

stryker

First Grade
Huh?

It’s been his team for less then 12 months.

This year Brooks has had:

* 3 different fullbacks
* 3 different 5/8s
* 5 different hookers

Yet we’re going to finish the highest we’ve finished in 7 years mainly THANKS to Brooks

Luke is far from a complete halfback and still has a lot of areas to work on. However in all likelihood he’ll be in the top for the 3 Dally Ms and is probably the most improved player in the entire competition.
No thats not correct. The pre season of 2016 it was first mentioned he was in charge. Are we going to end up higher on the ladder this year than that? I cant explain how he scored so many points in dally m but it is a totally flawed and rigged system so i wouldnt be too concerned with that. At the end of the day we missed the finals again. Thats another failure on his record.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No thats not correct. The pre season of 2016 it was first mentioned he was in charge. Are we going to end up higher on the ladder this year than that? I cant explain how he scored so many points in dally m but it is a totally flawed and rigged system so i wouldnt be too concerned with that. At the end of the day we missed the finals again. Thats another failure on his record.

Mate I’m sorry but that’s completely wrong. In 2016 Jason Taylor’s entire game plan consisted around getting Moses the ball and being the dominant player, he even admitted this. Hell the main reason Farah was gotten rid of was so Mitch got it more often.

In 16 we came 9th, after Parra got done which made it a 15 team comp and we only won 10 games, which we’ve already beaten.

It seems like you just plain don’t like the guy for some reason.

stryker

First Grade
Fair call, although to be fair you could only claim he was that in 1 of his 3 years...maybe 04 but he really phoned 06 in
04 was a warmup, he didnt have the squad to go with him. 06 he didnt care after he signed elsewhere and Marshal was injured. 05 was the last time we had a proper halfback. Way too long ago.

stryker

First Grade
Mate I’m sorry but that’s completely wrong. In 2016 Jason Taylor’s entire game plan consisted around getting Moses the ball and being the dominant player, he even admitted this. Hell the main reason Farah was gotten rid of was so Mitch got it more often.

In 16 we came 9th, after Parra got done which made it a 15 team comp and we only won 10 games, which we’ve already beaten.

It seems like you just plain don’t like the guy for some reason.
That is not correct. Moses was the attacking weapon but Brooks was to run the team.
To be honest I dont like him. We have spent multiple millions on his development, paying him overs for the majority of his tenure and he still cant close out a win consistantly. He still goes missing in big games. He still has poor lateral defence. He still throws panic passes when in the opposition 20. He still has an erratic kicking game. Nothing personal...just dont like him as a halfback in my team.

gordsy

Juniors

According to many on here that's not Important.. As long as Brooks improves from the last year we can continue to pay him increasing huge money, based on potential shown from years ago and not on actual performances. . The cold hard truth is our signings have been rubbish for the money we are paying them and we are still the team that chokes when the pressure is on and have been so for years.

We are the under 10s of the NRL, as long as you try then that's ok ....

Tiger Ted

Bench
According to many on here that's not Important.. As long as Brooks improves from the last year we can continue to pay him increasing huge money, based on potential shown from years ago and not on actual performances. . The cold hard truth is our signings have been rubbish for the money we are paying them and we are still the team that chokes when the pressure is on and have been so for years.

We are the under 10s of the NRL, as long as you try then that's ok ....
I’ll bet London to a brick that come Nov 1 we allow Isaac moses to fk us over & we end up paying close to $1m per season over 4 seasons to retain him & his form regresses as soon as he resigns !

Tiger Ted

Bench
That is not correct. Moses was the attacking weapon but Brooks was to run the team.
To be honest I dont like him. We have spent multiple millions on his development, paying him overs for the majority of his tenure and he still cant close out a win consistantly. He still goes missing in big games. He still has poor lateral defence. He still throws panic passes when in the opposition 20. He still has an erratic kicking game. Nothing personal...just dont like him as a halfback in my team.
I certainly wouldn’t retain him on crazy money coz like uve said over a 5 yr period he hasn’t shown he can deliver the game management required for us to qualify for the finals & to b a contender.Ive never rated him although this season there has been an improvement re his involvement albeit he doesn’t possess the nous to effectively manage a team around the park consistently & in particular in significant matches like y’days.

Front-Rower

First Grade
05 was the last time we had a proper halfback.

Thank Tim Sheens for that. He tried to destroy the one of the best running 5/8th the game has ever seen by trying to turn him into a 7 because he screwed up by buying Morris (our Cooper Cronk lol).

But on the flip side, when Robert Lui came into the side and played a proper 7 role, we had two top 4 finishes.

Anyway in reflection, 2005 was a blimp on the radar. 14 good weeks was really all it was. A memorable, fantastic 14 weeks. We got so lucky we avoided Melbourne and Parramatta in the finals.

Tiger05

First Grade

I expect all the guys to do that. Playing good quality footy wins games. I think Nofo for instance last night consistently ran the ball back hard and would have inspired the other players. Elijah Taylor was also great.

To me it's simple - we just need our guys to play good quality footy. That means a lot more good plays than poor ones.

I have a lot of faith in Brooks now. To me he has been one of the best halves in the comp this season.

Robbie also showed us exactly what doesn't win games last night. He wasn't a cool head or patient or anything at all like that. Compare Robbie kicking it out to no one compared to Brooks running it and dropping it after he realised that Hunt was offside. One is a low percentage crud play. The other is a great option that if it doesn't come off doesn't matter because you still get the ball back.

Robbie has lost me more than once in his career and I want the guy to succeed. He was so shit last night I'm also inclined to go and get a different backup hooker.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah but the problem is he doesnt do his job well as evidenced by him going missing when the season was on the line for yet another year.

This is honestly delusional. This is blaming one of the best players in our team over the course of the season when other players haven't played at all well. It's hard to play great footy when your dummy half thinks it's his game to win even when he is playing crap.

Latest posts